Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #31
Tia

You'd need wood for that. That means much $$-age. Plus, I don't know if he really wants to do the wood ones, due to time constraints and the other props he's working on. But I'll ask him. For the resin ones, though, he can make them actually work. I'll have to ask if he can put sound in them or not, though.

Unread 09-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #32
Thefriend
Alucard O.o

If metal is easier for him... then its alright. I just want soemthign that looks *close* to authentic. Maybe blowback if possible... whats the average cost. Or does it matter what and how much material.
Thefriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #33
Tia

Uh, it wouldn't be metal. He does mostly resin casting, like the way the official guns are made. It would be authentic looking. I believe he quoted the other person $65 plus shipping, but I will ask to verify that.
Unread 09-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #34
Thefriend
Alucard O.o

Was it blow back? Btw... i see alot of the airsoft guns are close to shape but in need of moding. The buretta blowback prolly looks the closest to the model gun... but other parts of the gun would need modding for the jackel.

Last edited by Thefriend : 09-30-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 10-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #35
Vlad'sPhoenix

If I could commission him as well, would that be ok? I'm also intrested in the jackal + joshua (casull) guns - resin of course. $65 would be fine, I just have to wait till I get the money. Of course, by the time he's done, I'll have it(gettings it by the end of october). By the way, the cross you have ditto, isn't the cross in the show, it's just one they made that has hellsing on it. The cross in the show is silver and has lines up and across, but no words. I found a good one on ebay that's very close to the one in the opening creds. Which means all I need now is those guns, my hat, trench, and scrap metal/plastic for my shades...
Vlad'sPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2004, 01:43 AM   #36
Thefriend
Alucard O.o

Its to late. His orders are full till next year. :/ So i guess im stuck looking for a prop maker. Anyone interested in making the guns for us?
Unread 10-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #37
Ditto
甘瓜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad'sPhoenix
By the way, the cross you have ditto, isn't the cross in the show, it's just one they made that has hellsing on it. The cross in the show is silver and has lines up and across, but no words.
1)Alucard is a Vamp, Sliver would severly hurt him if he touched it directly ***SPOILER***(but we find out this isn't so in ep.13)***SPOILER OVER***
2)When did I say it was the anime cross??? It's the Manga cross, and we honestly don't know what his cross looks like, we know he leaves one on an undead in the opening credits but that's it.
-Ditto

[3D Photography - Ditto3D]
[Commissions - Gravity Props]
none
Ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #38
Vlad'sPhoenix

down boy, I was just making a coment. Anyway, I seek your help right now, the cross I wanted on ebay ended b4 I could order it, what's the site you got that from? I've seen it once before, but I can't find the damn thing google searching.

ps: Alucard is a 4th generation vampire so alot of the normal stuff can't kill him. For example:*SPOILERS!!*

Direct sunlight, silver(ep 13 + every ep after ep 5 - the jackal is made out of silver), blessed weapons(eps with anderson + ep 13), decapitation/dismemberment of any kind(duel with anderson + others)... The reason he can't be killed by those is because he's 4th gen vamp. Incognito is 5th, so is Helena. Also noted in the show, people created by a vampire that's close to pure blood also gains these invulnerabilities, Seras for example can take a blessed blade + walk in direct sunlight. Basicly, the more generations down you are, the more weaknesses you'd have.

EDIT: n/m foudn the site - thanks anyways!

Last edited by Vlad'sPhoenix : 10-03-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Vlad'sPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #39
otaku_wannabe

I found a great place to get the guns. Its called LaughingReaper.com. you can order different versions. The wood replica costs $65. The working ones with blowback cost $95.
otaku_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #40
jmichelin

im looking too, oi cant find em, i foulld the limited editions for like 2500 metal no fire, and posssedian, cant ship, any one know for ure, please tell me
jmichelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #41
Tarlonis

WELL, I'm putting together an outfit and researching the Guns myself.
Found laughingreaper pretty early on, but he books 3 months in advance and is booked TIL SEPT!?!? So he's not going to work I guess...lol

Stopped by my local Airsoft supplier yesterday, nothing there "works" without modifying , and it looks like I'd need to create the slider thing that runs along the top..(gun jargon's not my forte') My Father-in-Law MIGHT make them for me however, out of wood most likely..

Going for a varient on the coat/hat, a light leather-like dark red fabric. More structured and fitted than the common cotton/felt flowy types that i've seen hither and yon.

Can't find any glasses that'll work without adding the goggle portion to them, dispite my attempted GooFu (google kung fu)

I'll update as things progress, looking to whip this baby out in the next 3 weeks.

Tarl
Tarlonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #42
Tarlonis

F-in-Law won't be making unless I can maybe put together a 3d model of it, then he'd be willing to cast a model... I dunno.

Not really an update I guess, more of a BUMP

=-)

Tarl
Tarlonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #43
Tigersoul

A bit of an old bump but...

I'm looking at the differences in the laughingreaper guns and the poisoden mods and wondering if you coudl get the slide and barrel from a laughing reaper and modify an airsoft with it...

Does anyone have one of the laughingreaper guns? I'm curious to the durability of the slide and how it's mounted.

(and to those wondering, yes I'm well aware these arent allowed at cons, this is for personal use in a series of cosplay videos)

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #44
animeaddict519

Prop Guns

I know this is kind of an old thread, but does anyone know where I can buy cheap prop guns? I'm trying to cosplay as alucard for Anime STL next april. The guns don't need to work or have sound or blowback, they just need to look accurate. If anyone knows of a way to make them easily or mod a toy gun, that would work too.
animeaddict519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #45
ravenlord

This site has the guns as well as the rest of his outfit for sale.

http://www.laughingreaper.com/Pages/...card_guns.aspx

unfortunately the guns are unavalible at the time
ravenlord is offline   Reply With Quote