Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #46
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avianna View Post
So far, we have a Lloyd, Dole, Albert, Miranda and Rose for ACen next year. We all plan on using the same materials to make the Dragoon armor for our characters. I am sooooo excited to start Rose! <3
Wow! Quite a group you got there already.

I would love to do Rose's dragoon armor for Acen someday, but Im going to stick with her regular outfit.

May I ask what materials you are going to use for the armor?
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #47
TsukikoAiko

I can't wait to see more LoD stuff out!!!

In light of how much I love this game I will be looking at how beat up our Dart and Shana are and we may be un-retiring them.

Anise - Tales of the Abyss
Professor Nebilim - Tales of the Abyss
S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon ~In Progress~
Sophitia - Soul Calibur 3 (Remaking)
TsukikoAiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #48
Avianna
Lights Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu View Post
Wow! Quite a group you got there already.

I would love to do Rose's dragoon armor for Acen someday, but Im going to stick with her regular outfit.

May I ask what materials you are going to use for the armor?
I think a few of us are gonna be using the same stuff Yui used for her Nightmare armor.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/24542/
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #49
Xaevier

I want to try and go as Dart or Lavitz next year but I have never made any kind of armor before, tho I have been reading how to guides.

The two things that really have been getting to me right now are more specifics about Dart.

Is his hair Blond or Brown? Because I could easily grab a Cloud wig and be set but that is pretty blond and from all the pictures it is very hard to tell the exact color, and I don't see any other spiky haired wigs that are actually light brown. (Sora is close but that might be too dark)

Also while looking for boots I found these http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...3/product.html for Dart's costume but they are women's boots...Does that even really matter? If not how many sizes up do you think I would likely have to go to adjust for?
Xaevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #50
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

Wow...posted in this thread an awful long time ago! I never started Rose back then because I got distracted and/or needed more sewing and construction experience.

But now I have a small LoD group going to Megacon 2010. It'll be Dart, Albert, and Meru.
My husband does NOT want to do the dragoon forms but I'm still going to play around with materials and see what I can come up with. If all else fails I'll continue working on their regular forms - Dart/Albert that is.
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Last edited by Frostmourne : 11-19-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #51
Everin
now with more toaster

Hi everybody ^_^. I'm working on my Dragoon Shana cosplay. My friend Miranda (lol i know) and I were both ecstatic to learn that we both loved the game while trying to plan out the years cosplays. She is planing to go as Rose (not sure on the version yet) and I'm going as Dragoon Shana. Provided we finish in time we will be showing them off at acen 2010 ^_^. http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wa...goon/item2819/

I'm confident in my wing building ability and pleated skirt sewing, but I'm in a panic about how to even start on the armor skirt pattern. The best reference i've found on google is the link i posted above. Any advice?
Everin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #52
Xaevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everin View Post
Hi everybody ^_^. I'm working on my Dragoon Shana cosplay. My friend Miranda (lol i know) and I were both ecstatic to learn that we both loved the game while trying to plan out the years cosplays. She is planing to go as Rose (not sure on the version yet) and I'm going as Dragoon Shana. Provided we finish in time we will be showing them off at acen 2010 ^_^. http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wa...goon/item2819/

I'm confident in my wing building ability and pleated skirt sewing, but I'm in a panic about how to even start on the armor skirt pattern. The best reference i've found on google is the link i posted above. Any advice?
What I normally do when making armor is to simply make it out of cardboard/craft foam and just keep cutting/reshaping until it looks right. It also helps a lot if you have a reference size to scale to based on the picture.

Essentially what that means is look at the size of her hand or some other point on her body, measure the person who is wearing the outfit in the same way (hand, head, height) figure out how many times bigger the actual hand/head etc is and then you should have a factor to multiply. Such as for my one cosplay I figured out that everything in the picture was 15.16 times smaller so I took every measurement on the picture in inches and multiplied by 15.16 to get the exact measurements.

Once you have the measurements you simply build the actual thing out of a foam or cardboard and once the shape is done/correct you start working with foam, wonderflex, paper mache, whatever you are making the literal armor out of.

I know that's a lot to process but it's pretty much the only way you're going to get a pattern for that armor skirt since you aren't going to find anything that is really similar and your best bet is to just make a belt out of foam and cut away until it looks right.
Poe (Legend of Zelda) - Completed (AnimeNext 2013)
Xaevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #53
Avianna
Lights Out?

Oh wow. How times does change/fly...

Last time I posted in this thread we had a huge group and since then one of them has moved from Chicago to Vegas and back! LOL

I'm actually going to start Rose's traditional costume here soon. I have the fabric, I'm just looking for some good piping/gold material so I don't look like a couch cushion. So much to do and I want it done in time for Katsu!

*Bump for Dragoon LOVE*
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #54
korikachan
KiyuxTheSinger

I was hoping for some advice on making Rose's normal outfit and Dart's normal armor. I figured here might be a good place to look lol

Unfortunately this thread is so dead... Hopefully someone will reply.
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #55
sazumebachi

I got no sewing skills at all so i have to turn something from nothing into something So first I went to the thrift to buy shana's clothes,I cut off the sleeves of the dress shirt and started coloring the blue ridges with Sharpie oil based maker,I'm thinking of also somehow (not sure how I'm going to do this.) I'm going to make shana's belt/gloves/armour out of this vinyl dress bag im not using. I got no skills in making armour if i hired a commision it would cost alot,So I hope you guys think it looks allright so far!
Here's my progress photos!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=53519b9854