Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
glitterglam

Need help on makeup - David Bowie

Hi...I'm new to the forums. I hope I posted this in the right forum (although I'm not sure if this was supposed to be in the "Makeup" forum). I don't usually cosplay much but was wondering if anyone could help me on this subject for a "David Bowie" inspired look. I already tried asking a Halloween forum but seems to be dead around this time of year, lol. Anyway, recently there's this club that has a Bowie theme night event that I was wanting to go to. I've already done Bowie's Halloween Jack persona for last Halloween, which didn't have too much makeup involved... it was mostly just hiding the eyebrows. However I'm thinking of doing a different Bowie look this time. The classic Aladdin Sane look or the "Golden Circle" Ziggy look. I was wondering what is the best type makeup to use for these type of Bowie looks?

Aladdin Sane

"Golden Circle" Makeup

Another take

And a slightly different version

I'm assuming we can't post images in the forum, so I hope those links came out okay.

Makeup wise, I'm thinking of something consistent and creamy. But would water makeup or powder based makeup be better? Is there anything inexpensive anyone can suggest me or if anybody knows any traditional drugstore makeup I could probably use? I was thinking I could easily just those jumbo eyeshadow pencils for makeup like the gold circle and possibly the lightening bolt (if I could only find the right orange red). And yes, I might be dancing or sweating (lol) so anything advice on getting makeup to stay put would be good. Do you think it would be okay if I just wore some type of powder on top? I think that's I did for my Halloween Jack but I wasn't really wearing much makeup that would smear, plus I guess it would depend on what makeup I'd use.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!
glitterglam is offline   Reply With Quote