Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1762 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #46
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Oh, I'm so happy I joined an AoT cosplay group for next year - we already have quite a few characters filled. I'll be doing Ymir.
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #47
urban_midnight

I'd say Titan shares a lot of similarities with shows like Code Geass and One Piece etc. as they both have a large, varied cast with most of them getting some good development in (so far). I already have several competing for my favorite but I haven't decided yet XD The pacing is GREAT, you don't feel like things are being rushed through and yet it still keeps your attention. I understand that some people might feel reluctant to watch it because it is getting a lot of hype, but honestly I do think that this is a REALLY good anime.
urban_midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li_Syaoran View Post
I found most of the Uniform VIA Goodwill, most of em are old Military WWII type. Just need to cut and resew
>.<
That's true. But I don't really have a problem buying a costume. I rather look as much like the character as possible. If that means I have to buy it then so be it. I want to look good :3 I am working on my sewing though so I plan on trying to sew the jacket at one point. 8D

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #49
SL3661

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_midnight View Post
I'd say Titan shares a lot of similarities with shows like Code Geass and One Piece etc. as they both have a large, varied cast with most of them getting some good development in (so far). I already have several competing for my favorite but I haven't decided yet XD The pacing is GREAT, you don't feel like things are being rushed through and yet it still keeps your attention. I understand that some people might feel reluctant to watch it because it is getting a lot of hype, but honestly I do think that this is a REALLY good anime.
I haven't been up to date with One Piece, but I've seen Code Geass. Towards the end of CG, yes it's a bit similar to SnK, but the rest of it isn't really. Code Geass is more similar t Death Note and LotGH, where it's this strategic type of fight going on. I think SnK is more similar to Gurren Lagann, they're both about the human race being forced into hiding and up against something incredibly powerful. Though I think SnK is by far (from only 10 episodes) much (much) better than Gurren Lagann. I agree with the pacing and attention grabber, every episode always keeps me in into it, similar to S;G, but S;G fell off for me halfway, hopefully it doesn't happen to SnK.

It is incredibly hype, I can't avoid the anime anywhere because it's everywhere. Now pizza huts getting a piece of it. I think some people rather wait till it ends so they can watch the whole series in one go.
SL3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #50
Padmik
mikky

This series is so brutal and I love iiitttttt. I caught on the episodes and I'm trekking through the manga now. So far I really want to cosplay Eren and Mikasa. I'll probably tackle that for next year though. A part of me wants to start on the 3DMG now only because it looks so complicated and while I want to just make most of the stuff out of cardboard, I may look into sturdier approaches.

But knowing me, I'll be end up with a lot of cardboard anyway lmao

[Tumblr] [CosBlog]

2014 Conventions
Shatterdome ATL, AWA
2014 Cosplays
Allison Argent (3x23) - Teen Wolf 100%
Mako Mori - Pacific Rim 100%
Rilakkuma kigurumi 100%
Levi (WoC) - SnK/AoT 95%
Fran (cover var.) - KHR! 99%
Haru (dolphin) - Free! 95%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #51
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

currently planning a Hanji cosplay =3

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #52
Zanduh

Can anyone recommend a good place to look for similar jackets? I have zero abilities in sewing so I'll have to rely on what I can find for that piece of the costume.
Zanduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #53
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

I finished my 3DMG this morning, just in time for my Armin shoot. Putting to gear together was very straight forward but getting it to hang off my hips right baffled me for a while. I ended up with 2 ropes on top (connecting to my belt) and 1 chain on the bottom (attaching to the plate that the thigh belts also went through) on each, threaded through holes drilled through the sheaths.

There are some pics from the shoot on my account.

It's really odd walking in the 3DMG.

Last edited by My_Insanity : 06-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #54
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

Just wanted to let all the people that read the manga version know a new chapter had been released if anyone was interested.

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #55
nikkiolie

I got my costume. I was able to try it on quickly and see how things look. I took a quick picture but it isn't the best. I need to get new pants (which I will probably do today) and I need to get new grommets for the straps on my thighs since apparently most women don't have thighs as big as mine x.x I am going to try to get another shot of the costume soon. But here is the one I have so far. I also just got out of the shower so my hair wasn't styled for Sasha but that is who I am shooting for. Again I didn't even have enough time to get all the straps on nor do I have the boots at this point....but a good "progress" shot so to speak. Here are my bangs when they are styled properly. I feel like I could make a good Sasha right?

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #56
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Hnngg, been debating which color to go with for the jacket since they all vary between anime, official prints and so on >_< Probably a nude color...

Last edited by Mykaios : 06-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #57
Heimdall
Kufufufu no fu

I've recently started planning a SnK cosplay and I really want to cosplay Jean. The problem is I haven't bought a wig in two years, let alone tackle one where there's two different colors. Anyone has any suggestions at all on the color and what to do?

Friday
Marco Bodt (Shingeki No Kyoujin)
Saturday
Wiccan (Young Avengers)
Sunday
Nightwing (DC)
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #58
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

A guy i know recently posted a youtube tutorial on how he made his jean wig, if that helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcWTW...ature=youtu.be
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #59
A Grue

I'm starting to post photos of my Sasha cosplay! They're just hall snapshots until I get the photos back from a mini-shoot that I did, but I figured you guys might be interested. c:

I'm really excited to see more people cosplaying this series!!
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #60
symph0ny
Katherine Midori K.

Ummm so I was wondering...what's everyone here using to make the emblems on the jackets? I've only really had experience with transfer paper as far as putting logos and images on shirts and stuff eh heh heh
-Annie (Attack on Titan)
-Human Teddie (Persona 4)
-Mary (Ib)
-Fionna (Adventure Time)
symph0ny is offline   Reply With Quote