Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Catscatscats
Skill-Lacker

Short skirt in Lolita?

Hey all. So the other day I went shopping and I bought the CUTEST sweet Lolita skirt. The thing is....it's incredibly short. I was thinking that I if wore bloomers with it, it'd be totally fine and look cute. But I wouldn't want to look like a slut. Tons of movies have old fashioned girls in skirts with tons of petticoats and having "bloomer-shots" for added in cuteness. But I'm just curious, what do you think? Slutty or fine? I'm not home now but when I get back I can post a picture. Thanks!

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

How short is short? Typically lolita skirts need to be knee length or longer...but...you could always wear an underskirt with it.

It's..not usually looked upon with favor if your bloomers are longer than your skirt since they're typically undergarments.

Or...just wear it as a normal skirt. Something more casual with a cutsew couldn't hurt.

But...that's just my opinion on it...and I haven't really seen it so I couldn't say for sure.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Catscatscats
Skill-Lacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
How short is short? Typically lolita skirts need to be knee length or longer...but...you could always wear an underskirt with it.

It's..not usually looked upon with favor if your bloomers are longer than your skirt since they're typically undergarments.

Or...just wear it as a normal skirt. Something more casual with a cutsew couldn't hurt.

But...that's just my opinion on it...and I haven't really seen it so I couldn't say for sure.
Hmm...short enough that if I were an anime character wearing that skirt I'd be that ONE BITCH who gets a shitload of panty shots. I mean if I wear bloomers with it then it should look FINE.

But yeah I might do that. To avoid a lot of girls bitching at me when I go to meet-ups, even though the pattern and look of it would be Lolita if it were long enough, I think I'll just do what you said and call it a normal skirt with a nice shirt. Too lazy to get yapped at by the lolitas in my community XD
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Catscatscats
Skill-Lacker

Then again I never follow the rules of "Lolita" anyways and I just like to wear the clothes, it's not like any of my friends are into lolita anyways so they really won't care.
Unread 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
PoodleBoy

Sometimes I wear very Lolita-ish inspired outfits, though Im not going for the actual look. I also have some very cute short bloomers that are perfect for some of my shorter, lolita-type skirts. They dont show if youre just standing still, but a good breeze or quick turn can make them visible. I ALWAYS get nice compliments on the entire outfit, bloomers included. AND Im a guy! So I say, just do it, even if youre not "officially" going for the lolita look!
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
sailormoonfan14

Skirts more than a couple inches above the knee can't really be lolita, as there is the modesty factor. You are free to wear whatever you please however you please, but since it is a fashion with rules an outfit can't properly be lolita if it breaks a more major rule, such as skirts being much too short. Obviously I haven;t seen the skirt, but from the way you describe it it does sound too short You could use it in something lolita-esque or lolita inspired though

Just my two cents ^^
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Kagz
ADD Allstar

You could always double skirt it or add ruffles lace to extend it.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #8
ashi ketchum

Where did you find an 'incredibly short' lolita skirt, out of curiosity? Personally, I buy a fair amount of lolita but honestly don't follow the rules either. I actually prefer really short skirts paired with blouses or knits, but often have to resort to non-lolita skirts to get that look. It usually tends to look more casual and feel more comfortable for daily wear than the full dress and petticoat deal.

2013 conventions:
- Anime North
- San Diego Comic-Con
- Toronto Fan Expo
- New York Comic-Con
ashi ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote