Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
Chryso

Older? Pff. :P
All my friends are in their mid twenties. I'm 26 from Melbourne.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

As the only person in this thread who was alive for a portion of the '70s, you're all "younger cosplayers" to me.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Kirkysworld

Ha!!

I turn 31 in a few months and only started when i was 28. I guess it just depends what area you live in.

I've made friends via deviant art/the event forums (SMASH etc..) and met up with them there.

Actually making friends at a con is quite hard I find as people are already in there little groups etc... But if you're going to one and need a friend just msg I'll let you know if i'm going (sydney) lol
Kirkysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

Yeah I turn 31 soon to. I find it funny that 20-ish year olds consider themselves "older" cosplayers.

As for making friends at cons - yeah it is a little hard. Smaller cons make it easier. As does facebook and photoshoots.
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
soso2205345
Banned

hello

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/919447
We come from China, where there are many COSPLAY clothing, cheap, welcome welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaziusChoji View Post
Hello everyone hope your lives are going well over the past couple of cons i have gone to have been alright.
I guess im looking for cosplayers around my age no offense to the others its just been hard the last couple of years to make friends and most cons none of my other friends are not interested.
They think im weird because i like to dress up as game or anime characters pretty much what im asking to to hang with a group around my age im not looking for a girlfriend most people think that i find it odd i just want to meet awesome people with the same interest.
soso2205345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Cloud_Ninja
Procrastanator Extrodinar

I'm twenty one and I live in Newcastle, NSW. I'd be happy to chat XP

Working On

Companion Cube gijinka - Portal
Red Pyro - Team Fortress 2
Meulin Leijon - Homestuck
Cloud_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
MonkeyToe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryso View Post
Older? Pff. :P
All my friends are in their mid twenties. I'm 26 from Melbourne.
Isn't 26 still considered Mid Twenties? If you break it up into 3 categories you'd be left with 21-23 as an Early 20s, 24-26 as Mid 20s, and 27-29 as Late 20s.

But on the topic of the post, I will officially be 31 before debuting my first cosplay at Dallas Comic Con. In my defense, I only just started attending conventions.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
JD_cosplay

I'm 22 years old and I'll turn 23 this July. Even I started interested in cosplaying when I was 20 years old! Well I never had cosplay opportunity at any conventions when I was a teenager. Yes it's difficult making new friends with the right cool people; who are in my same age group. I still like making new awesome friends at the conventions that’s actually great place where I can share hobby/passion with the new people.

Plus I'm only one deaf person who enjoys attending these conventions (around Melbourne). Unfortunately I usually go to these conventions by myself mostly. I wish there are more deaf cosplayers, or any nice cosplayers who know Auslan (sign language) that would be easier communicate me.
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #24
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_cosplay View Post
I'm 22 years old and I'll turn 23 this July. Even I started interested in cosplaying when I was 20 years old! Well I never had cosplay opportunity at any conventions when I was a teenager. Yes it's difficult making new friends with the right cool people; who are in my same age group. I still like making new awesome friends at the conventions thatís actually great place where I can share hobby/passion with the new people.

Plus I'm only one deaf person who enjoys attending these conventions (around Melbourne). Unfortunately I usually go to these conventions by myself mostly. I wish there are more deaf cosplayers, or any nice cosplayers who know Auslan (sign language) that would be easier communicate me.
When I was younger I was deaf so I do somewhat know the difficulty it can cause. I'm sure there will be some who share interests in this area that know Auslan (I don't, I lip read when I was deaf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
As the only person in this thread who was alive for a portion of the '70s, you're all "younger cosplayers" to me.
I keep on getting worse at guessing people ages it seems.

Also mid 20's here and I am not an older cosplayer. Mid 20's simply is not old.
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #25
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_cosplay View Post
There's a very well-known deaf cosplayer up here in Brisbane. You're definitely not alone; finding the people in the scene is just going to take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
I keep on getting worse at guessing people ages it seems.
So long as you guessed I was younger, I'm very okay with this.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #26
Chryso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
Isn't 26 still considered Mid Twenties? If you break it up into 3 categories you'd be left with 21-23 as an Early 20s, 24-26 as Mid 20s, and 27-29 as Late 20s.
Yes. That is my point. The OP thought 24 was "older" but from my own experience, my group of friends who cosplay are mostly in the same age group and we consider ourselves the norm (hah! what an absurd concept). It may just be our state (Victoria) but most people seem to be in their twenties.

Run without rivals
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #27
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
So long as you guessed I was younger, I'm very okay with this.

Hhmmm, to risk getting a e-slap or not.

(I thought you where early 20's when I looked through your costumes).
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:01 AM   #28
cheneycos
Banned

HI guyes
I am a cosplay costume seller , if you want any outfit of any character
just leave me a message pls
you may search " paul cosplay store " on Amazon , where is my shop .
cheneycos is offline   Reply With Quote