Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #346
aiko_kikuchiyo
Female Gamer and Cosplaye
 
aiko_kikuchiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 140
Just got off the phone with the DoubleTree and the $99 a night is in another hotel 1.42 miles west of the con. I was offered a room there several times to hold a spot but I refused and said I would wait for the second block of rooms to be released. I know they usually "sell out" of rooms during the first block which opens shortly after the con but that I've never had difficulty booking in the middle of August before during the second block.

Keep that in mind but yes, currently I was also told that there are no rooms available at the DT.
aiko_kikuchiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #347
Grimmjow99
Registered User
 
Grimmjow99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_kikuchiyo View Post
Just got off the phone with the DoubleTree and the $99 a night is in another hotel 1.42 miles west of the con. I was offered a room there several times to hold a spot but I refused and said I would wait for the second block of rooms to be released. I know they usually "sell out" of rooms during the first block which opens shortly after the con but that I've never had difficulty booking in the middle of August before during the second block.

Keep that in mind but yes, currently I was also told that there are no rooms available at the DT.
weird...because my confirmation says it is at the TCC location for the same rate and i made sure to ask it was at the closer location and not another hotel.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #348
_Jun_
That Boomerang Guy
 
_Jun_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 149
Sheridan was like $170 for me for 3 people (two Queen beds). Did anyone get it cheaper by any chance?
__________________

Past Cosplays
Mugen | Davis Motomiya | Izaya Orihara | Takuya Kanbara | Book One Sokka

Anime North 2014
Wolf-Armor Sokka

Tumblr Account

_Jun_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #349
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow99 View Post
weird...because my confirmation says it is at the TCC location for the same rate and i made sure to ask it was at the closer location and not another hotel.
655 Dixon Road?
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #350
Scathefir3
Registered User
 
Scathefir3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Phew, stress over. Booked my room by phone before work. Three nights at the Doubletree, two people with a queen-sized bed, $140 a night plus tax.
How did you get $140 a night for quad? I was charged $160... wtf
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
DeviantART - http://scathefir3.deviantart.com/
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KasiaCosplay
Scathefir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #351
Lady Scaper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 57
Got charged $170
Lady Scaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #352
Shannynn
Registered User
 
Shannynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 76
I got a Sheraton room a couple days ago by phone.

$170 for three people is pretty standard for them... They're not the cheapest hotel (in fact, in terms of AN, they're the most expensive probably).

I just booked it mostly as back-up for next year. My eyes are more on the Holiday Inn East or the Crowne Plaza.
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #353
Grimmjow99
Registered User
 
Grimmjow99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
655 Dixon Road?
yeah the 655 location
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #354
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathefir3 View Post
How did you get $140 a night for quad? I was charged $160... wtf
Because I didn't book a quad. Two people (me and boyfriend), three nights, one bed. $140 a night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #355
SaikyouKira
タケル
 
SaikyouKira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow99 View Post
weird...because my confirmation says it is at the TCC location for the same rate and i made sure to ask it was at the closer location and not another hotel.
Yeah, I got the $99 rate (well, I booked for a quad, so $139/night) for the DT right across from the TCC. I checked my e-mail confirmation to make sure it was that location and it is indeed that. I can post a screenshot to show it's legitimate.
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #356
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,179
"Please note that the Doubletree Hotel will be undergoing a name change, it is returning to its old International Plaza name. This change should be fully complete in the next month or so.

Contrary to my previous post, they have been taking reservations for 2014. In fact, they are now FULLY BOOKED for 2014 (yikes!).

They are starting to use the International Plaza name again, in emails and the like, already, so if you have booked a room there please do not panic if your information refers to the International Plaza, you have NOT been moved to another hotel."
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #357
Nagii
Number Eleven
 
Nagii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
"Please note that the Doubletree Hotel will be undergoing a name change, it is returning to its old International Plaza name. This change should be fully complete in the next month or so.

Contrary to my previous post, they have been taking reservations for 2014. In fact, they are now FULLY BOOKED for 2014 (yikes!).

They are starting to use the International Plaza name again, in emails and the like, already, so if you have booked a room there please do not panic if your information refers to the International Plaza, you have NOT been moved to another hotel."
I believe people are more worried about booking two weeks ago under the Doubletree name, if their confirmations still valid
__________________
******************************************
Anime North 2015 Cosplay List:

Friday: C.A Cupid (Ever After High)
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday: Viperine Gorgon (Monster High basic)

Transformers Con 2014 - IDW Chromia
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #358
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagii View Post
I believe people are more worried about booking two weeks ago under the Doubletree name, if their confirmations still valid
Who knows. They've fumbled with things for a few years now so I wouldn't be shocked if it reservation mishaps did happen.

Curious as to why they are leaving the DoubleTree brand though...
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #359
Miliyah
Registered User
 
Miliyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 703
^ does it mean no more free cookies?
__________________
Pop Idol Dance Showcase 2014
Miliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #360
Nagii
Number Eleven
 
Nagii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Who knows. They've fumbled with things for a few years now so I wouldn't be shocked if it reservation mishaps did happen.

Curious as to why they are leaving the DoubleTree brand though...
Most likely to try and redeem themselves. There was a lot of issues under the Doubletree name, so if they change it, people will think they changed control and will be better.
__________________
******************************************
Anime North 2015 Cosplay List:

Friday: C.A Cupid (Ever After High)
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday: Viperine Gorgon (Monster High basic)

Transformers Con 2014 - IDW Chromia
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.