Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Kittercat

Help with some crazy design ideas for a Big Sister Costume?

So I decided I was going to build my own Big Sister Costume as accurately as possible and I have everything planned out and am saving up for all the materials. An idea I hatched and have been mulling over while seems totally awesome, I'm sort of lost at the best way to go about it.

So here's the deal, I want to put a speaker in the oxygen tank, yep crazy right? I want it to play the battle music when you fight a big sister and some audio like the little sister saying "Big Sister doesn't want me playing with you anymore." and maybe even that dramatic screeching the Big sisters does. (I can get the audio just fine, I have a killer recorder if I need to record it straight from the game.)

My main problem that I've run into is how to activate the speaker remotely. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. It was suggested to me to just cable my ipod to it, but like I said, I'm going for as authentic looking as I can get, so a Big Sister whipping out an ipod often is not very authentic.

I'm curious because I know they have speakers that take cards with mp3s for sound effects and such, but what would be the best trigger? I want something small and discreet that I can hide maybe on the gauntlets so when I hit the trigger it won't seem so obvious (I figure with all the gear on the arms, it shouldn't be too hard to hide.)

I don't really know where to start looking for a trigger and if I'd need to do my own wiring, and I'm still trying to learn how to do my own LEDs for the helmet, but any advice or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
KC
Kittercat is offline   Reply With Quote