Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #31
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
I can verify because as of today, it has been removed from the Anaheim Convention Center website schedule.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, go here:
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.c...tCalendar.aspx
And then click on the months until you get to August.

Two days ago, it was there, now it is not. I know the website is still there, but 99.9% chance, this is it for AM2.
Agreed, ouch now that sucks, well I guess all have to see if I can make it to PMX or comic on, hopefully ALA too. D:

Thanks so much for the info!

AX 2014
Day 1: Struttin on fairy kei
Day 2: Mariah - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Day 3: Chen - Touhou
Day 4: Mariah - JJBA:SC
choxie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #32
Access

I can't speak for comic-con but if you do PMX or ALA be sure to pre-reg, both those cons might hit their cap.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
I can't speak for comic-con but if you do PMX or ALA be sure to pre-reg, both those cons might hit their cap.
Ah I see, gotcha, thanks for letting me know~!

AX 2014
Day 1: Struttin on fairy kei
Day 2: Mariah - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Day 3: Chen - Touhou
Day 4: Mariah - JJBA:SC
choxie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #34
El_Duque
miyoshi82

RIP AM2, We hardly knew ye.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Wondercon - Did not attend
Anime Expo - Did not attend
San Diego Comic Con - Done and tired
Comikaze Expo
Long Beach Comic Con
Pacific Media Expo
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #35
AnimeGamer
Photographer / Blogger

Well, you alternative options now that this con is dead is K-CON, which is a K-Pop Convention in Anahiem happening the same weekend or Japan Expo USA - which is also on the same weekend.

I wasn't planning on going to AMē this year because lol work - but I'm not surprised this con is gone.

TBH - there are already way too many SoCal cons as it is with ALA, WonderCon, Conji, AX, SDCC, JX USA, Comikaze, and PMX. That is not even including cons like BlizzCon, K-CON, E3, etc.

EDIT - Oh, and can someone notify the Cosplay.com Staff about this? Most likely they should be coming around soon to lock & archive this forum. Or remove/delete it. Whatever they do for cons that don't exist anymore.

There are links to all the photos I take on the sidebar of the blog.

Upcoming Conventions/Events:
San Diego Comic-Con 2014
Pacific Media Expo 2014
BlizzCon 2014

Italics indicate there is a chance I will not be able to attend due to various reasons or because I have not yet bought a convention badge.

Last edited by AnimeGamer : 06-07-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: See EDIT
AnimeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #36
Xaila
*hoardes makeup forever*

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxie-chan View Post
Agreed, ouch now that sucks, well I guess all have to see if I can make it to PMX or comic on, hopefully ALA too. D:

Thanks so much for the info!
If you want to attempt to attend SDCC, you need to get your member ID (this is the only way you'll be able to buy passes) PRONTO because they have one final round of refund passes they intend to sell before the con, as SDCC no longer does on-site reg. Once the member ID button at the top right goes away, the badge sale will occur shortly afterwards and then member ID will open up again at a later date...

For SDCC 2014.

Last edited by Xaila : 06-07-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: grammar!
Xaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #37
typu

This was an email from the former artist alley manager I found on the convention forum.

"Hello Artists,

It's your former Artist Alley Manager for 2012, as I have left staffing AM2 last January due to schooling reasons, so I'm emailing you from one of my personal accounts. I found a replacement and assumed all was well. However it has been brought to my attention that there is a rumor that AM2 has been cancelled. Attendees have mentioned calling the convention center to ask about it and have been told that it has been cancelled, and recently removed from the ACC site as well. I have also just confirmed with a staffer friend that it has been canceled as well, as they are surprised it has yet to be mentioned anywhere by the CEO. While I am no longer obligated to be involved, I felt this is the best method to reach all the current artists, hoping the former artists can pass this news around ASAP as I don't have access to the current artist alley list. I've also posted this in the AA Network International on FB as well, trying to broaden the net. I apologize to those who had to find out this way. I believe Japan Expo USA has an AA the same day so perhaps your plans can be adjusted. Again, I sincerely apologize to what has happened, I never thought it would turn out this way. I recommend doing a paypal dispute as soon as you can."

People are STILL having trouble with refunds, and as far as I can tell, Chase has been silent on the matter.
typu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #38
Xaila
*hoardes makeup forever*

Watching this unfold has really REALLY made me give the con Chair the sideeye. He is like hoping everyone is gonna forget this and pretend AM2 is on still? The fact someone who QUIT staff had to come in and seal the nail on the coffin really cheeses me off.

Glad I never supported this con... hope this dude never weasels his way into cons or con staffing again.

Side note: I checked out AA Network International, Roxie's called the company who handles the badge purchasing for AM2, they had no idea this was the case and they're on it to get to the bottom of this and attendees quite likely will be refunded their badges.

Cheese and crackers this year has been weird for Cons!
Xaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #39
Diedrupo

Glad this terrible con is canceled. Why did cosplay.com even make a subforum for them? This is one of the smallest cons in the country and now its canceled for good.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #40
Access

Diedrupo I don't think anyone is ever glad that a con was cancelled, I brought this up yesterday and the people who didn't already know were disappointed; fortunately none of us had paid yet.

I mean we kinda knew it was coming (no staff and no money) and some of us were going to Japan Expo instead of this one but hopefully the money that people put into it (artists alley, dealers, badges, etc.) can be recovered. The only consolation here is that it's good that we figured these things out sooner rather than later.
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
loongy22

It's really bad they haven't announced it on the website though. People might book flights and all....
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
Access

loongy22 I wouldn't assume it's intentional, there might just be no one left to update the site so it just stays like it is, at least through the end of its term with the hosting company after which it will simply disappear.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...ain=am2con.org
If you look at the WHOIS info the site it likely already a zombie but doesn't expire till mid-November of this year, after that it will likely just disappear.

Quote:
Domain Name:AM2CON.ORG
Created On:16-Nov-2010 03:18:47 UTC
Last Updated On:28-Nov-2012 00:13:48 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Nov-2013 03:18:47 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Moniker Online Services LLC (R145-LROR)

Last edited by Access : 06-14-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #43
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I believe they are now refunding people who pre-reg. I read it on someone's Facebook that they got their $10 back.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Wondercon - Did not attend
Anime Expo - Did not attend
San Diego Comic Con - Done and tired
Comikaze Expo
Long Beach Comic Con
Pacific Media Expo
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #44
typu

I'm pretty sure that you just have to pay the annual dns fee to have the website say updated. Since I didn't buy a passport and I sort saw this coming, I've found this experience pretty interesting. I am a bit disappointed, but you can't honestly say that AM2 really went up from the first year. Sure there were a lot more attendees and people had a lot of fun mingling, but the actual con itself sucked, to put it bluntly.
typu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #45
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

I attended last year for the first time and although it was nice going to a small con, there really wasn't much to do so half the time I got really bored. It was nice seeing all the cosplayers though.
[Alvin-Tales of Xillia]
[Lamp Miku-Vocaloid]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote