Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #121
Etherelle
OH GOOD GOD

All of those things, for sure. That would be really awesome to meet favorite authors and talk with them or ask questions. 8D

Perhaps read aloud sessions? Oh, and workshops, along with panels! 8D Perhaps, uuh...scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but perhaps like showings of movies based on books?

AND A BOOK RAVE.
Etherelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #122
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

HAY GUISE, remember LitCon?
Well, I'm starting to put one together.

All those things I talked about?

They're happening. And my school will pay for all of it.
It'll be held at the on-campus Hilton at the University of Houston.

Because I'm a freakin' wizard, you guise. Fo realz.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #123
abutlertodiefor

I just posted pictures of my Picture of Dorian Gray cosplay I did out of my closet today because I got bored, lol. As Dorian, made one half of my face all pretty, and then made the other out to be all old and decrepit. Seriously one of my favourite books, trying to convince a friend to be my Basil Hallwood, but idk how well that'll go over.
abutlertodiefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #124
AgentORC
Robot

I don't know if anyone else has read Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke, but I'm working on a Twigleg crossplay.
AgentORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #125
IamAriel

There's a small chance I might be cosplaying Thalia from PJatO at a con next year...we'll see how that goes if I do it. XD

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #126
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I cosplayed a character from the third book of James Patterson's Witch and Wizard series. Pearce is only in book three, but I love cosplaying him.

I also cosplayed as Number Nine from the 3rd I am Number Four book (AKA the part of the series that wasn't ruined by the movie.) I'd Consider that pretty obscure since the only real defining factor is the pendent he wears, and even so I think mine is backwards...

And I cosplayed Celia from The Night Circus, but I didn't have my wig, so I'm re-vamping it. My best friend is gonna be my Marco!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 10-26-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #127
B.O.M.
Bank of Mom

For those wanting a LitCon, the closest you may get to a LitCon is WorldCon. The locations are bid on & your membership allows you to vote for the Hugo awards. Next year will be my first WorldCon. It is MUCH more expensive than an anime con though.

Kayle (IntoxicatedPeng) - Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji), Yuki Onna (Nurarihyon no Mago), 8th Doctor (Doctor Who), Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater), Lucy (Fairy Tail) - Also attending Gallifrey One 25
Mara - Lulu (FFX), adult Nel (Bleach), Hagoromo Gitsune (Nurarihyon no Mago) WITH Baby Moogle, Trystan
Me - Mary Poppins, The Woman (Doctor Who, The End of Time), Sibylline Sisterhood (Doctor Who)

Photos
DA
Blog
B.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #128
MidnightMinx90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersweet View Post
I can't really see MYSELF cosplaying them, but I'd be so ridiculously happy if I ever came across any of the main characters from the Black Jewels Trilogy.

Jaenelle, Daemon, Surreal, Lucivar.... Oh the fangirl in me would burst from happiness. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraelynRose View Post
If I didn't have so many costumes I would like to do, I would do Jaenelle. Might add that to my list though. Still, I'd like to cosplay characters from the Wheel of Time, Song of Ice and Fire, and Sword of Truth series first.
So I know this was written ages, ago, but still...^^"

I've read the series multiple times (I read it twice a year), and my dreamcosplay has been Jaenelle for a VERY long time!
I not only want to do the widow's web gown described in Heir to the Shadows, but Mother Night, I want to to Witch as well.
I have never wanted to do a cosplay as much as them.

I've drawn and painted a concept art gown for the dress Morghann wears when she first appear (the autumn woods in motion dress), but I have now fallen in love with the way it looks on my paining, and that exact pattern/colour combination doesn't exist

But I WILL one day have the money (and mayhaps the skills) to cosplay Lady Jaenelle Angelline in her Widow's web gown, complete with scepter and Black/Ebony Jewels

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #129
Sachi.00
Occasional Cosplayer

I love the idea of cosplaying a character from literature. And there are so many things I'd love to see--especially the main priest from Brandon Sanderson's first book, Elantris, the sculpt on that would be crazy awesome--but I think if I ever cosplayed a lit character it would be either be something really crazy and obscure or something that is really recognizable, like Miss Havisham or Alice.
Sachi.00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #130
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I'm cosplaying Henry Branwell from the Infernal Devices trilogy at a convention this weekend, and I'm going to be cosplaying Woolsey Scott from the same series later on -w-b

Here's my Henry cosplay!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 04-21-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote