Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #46
subrina

this is a big problem.
subrina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #47
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Probably the same folk, but I had a fairly similar interview experience several months back from "Cosplay: Not Just a Hobby" and got interviewed by Jennifer Smith. No sound, no video, but I hadn't ever used Skype before so I didn't think to question it. They didn't ask any sexual or inappropriate questions, but the end of the interview they asked me to pose like the character and would find me racier and racier poses from fanart. jonnymnemonic44 was the sn that was used to initially note me on DA.

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

Sometimes I'm rather glad I'm not hugely active in the cosplay community anymore to attract any unwanted attention. Even with experience in dealing with oddballs at conventions or creepers online, I probably would have been one of the ones to fall for this stupid scam. I'd be questioning myself right up until the time of the interview and only halfway through I'd probably be saying, "Yeah, this was a terrible idea."
Honestly, what kind of weirdo has this kind of time, energy, and motivation to contact and organize interviews with cosplayers, sit on Skype with a bunch of strangers and conduct themselves in a semi-"professional" matter until they start asking someone to strip? Really, do they have no lives that they gotta start harassing us?
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #49
TheCosplayFox
What the hell?

Wow, this is just so weird. I don't understand why people go around doing thing like this.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
Atashi~
Rawr!

I want to tell you that in February a guy named "David Murray" contaced me for one of those strange skype interviews. I reported him to that time, and one of the admins from deviantArt banned him because he was the same guy from 2012 who did this.

So and now... I got a message on my facebook page from "Dave Mirra" (pretty similar name, no?) who asks me: "miss atashi we still wondering if u may be interested about the interview". note the STILL. So I assume it is the same guy again. And yes he was again asking to wear a cosplay... Just to warn some of you.
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #51
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Oh good, the names in this thread match the suspicious people I've been dealing with! "Dave Mirra" messaged me on my cosplay FB page, and his girlfriend "Jasmine Jackson" is messaging me on Skype to schedule an interview. Jasmine's Skype photo is HezaChan in her Guilty Gear I-no costume.

They said nothing about a video interview until Jasmine started talking to me, and requested this costume be worn for it. Welp.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #52
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
"Dave Mirra"
REALLY!? lol They couldn't be smarter then to use a real name of someone that was actually famous (not sure if he still is or not). All they did was add an extra "r" in the name..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #53
HezaChan
Cosplay is my CRACK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Oh good, the names in this thread match the suspicious people I've been dealing with! "Dave Mirra" messaged me on my cosplay FB page, and his girlfriend "Jasmine Jackson" is messaging me on Skype to schedule an interview. Jasmine's Skype photo is HezaChan in her Guilty Gear I-no costume.
Could you message me on FB with this "Jasmine" profile so I may message them about my image being used? Thanks!
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #54
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezaChan View Post
Could you message me on FB with this "Jasmine" profile so I may message them about my image being used? Thanks!
"She" which is actually he won't respond if he knows you are there to scold him and will actually just block you
Unread 07-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #55
Hellooo ^_^
Tadaima! \(^_^)/

About 4 months ago i was contacted by a ElephantWendigo through facebook. She/he wanted to draw me dressed as San from Mononoke Hime using skype and wanted me to do the same pose i was doing in the photo. (Found me cause of my DA account).
I told her/him that that photo was a old one and that now i was more into cosplay photography than in cosplay itself.
Even so wanted to draw me in cosplay using skype.

Honestly, i thought it was kind of weird since she/he could draw me by simply using my photo instead. And why didn't she/he contact me through her/his DA account too?

Since it was kind of fishy, i refused.
After some research i found a elephantwendigo in DA (she is a talented artist) and in FB. I sent a PM to both accounts about the issue and to verify if it was the real elephantwendigo that contacted me but never got a reply so i let it go since no warm was done.
Hellooo ^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote