Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 05-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #91
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

I didn't realize that Sony stopped production of the PS2 last year, so I scrambled to get one to replace my broken one. Maybe I'll try to play some Suikoden V once it arrives in the mail.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #92
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Did you pick up any titles for the 3DerpSXL? Also BOTH Deus Ex and Borderlands are super fun games, good job.
I didn't because money. I already have Theatrhythm which I played on Boy-type's 3DS. I do want to pick up Fire Emblem and Ocarina of Time. I was unsure if I should get a regular DS or the XL because I have tiny girly hands, but figured that I could just trade with Boy-type if it came to it. Both of ours are red. Speaking of which:

Me: Are red and blue the only colors you have?

Clerk: *excited tone of voice* Oh, we just got a pink one in!.

Me: *My face* Do I look like a pink person?

I'm really psyched that I can play at least some first person games. Hopefully I'll be fine with both of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
I didn't realize that Sony stopped production of the PS2 last year, so I scrambled to get one to replace my broken one. Maybe I'll try to play some Suikoden V once it arrives in the mail.
I bought a used first gen PS3 partly for the backward compatibility. My original still works but is a little wonky. BTW - GameStop is going to stop buying PS2 games at the end of them month.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #93
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I didn't because money. I already have Theatrhythm which I played on Boy-type's 3DS. I do want to pick up Fire Emblem and Ocarina of Time. I was unsure if I should get a regular DS or the XL because I have tiny girly hands, but figured that I could just trade with Boy-type if it came to it. Both of ours are red. Speaking of which:

Me: Are red and blue the only colors you have?

Clerk: *excited tone of voice* Oh, we just got a pink one in!.

Me: *My face* Do I look like a pink person?

I'm really psyched that I can play at least some first person games. Hopefully I'll be fine with both of them.
I too have a red 3DS XL, because I am a fan of my hands not cramping while playing the videya. And I have nothing but praise for FE: Awakening, because it is DA BEST.

I'm really curious what FP games you've yet to play. I could have sworn you've played Portal and Fallout/Skyrim, which are both FP. If you haven't then we need to get you on that stat.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #94
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I'm really curious what FP games you've yet to play. I could have sworn you've played Portal and Fallout/Skyrim, which are both FP. If you haven't then we need to get you on that stat.
Essentially all of them. I can't even watch racing and flying games. Or Mirror's Edge. I played Portal for an hour and was ill for the rest of the evening. I played Portal 2 with The Saint - he handled the controller and we worked out the puzzles together, then I'd hide my face in a pillow while he moved around. It was actually pretty fun! Quality time with The Saint always is. Never played Fallout. SV has warned me against New Vegas due to story elements. Skyrim is only FP for the intro then you can toggle to 3rd. I tried to play The Unfinished Swan. I could do the first section where you splatter paint to reveal where to go, but the second section, which had a lot of blocky white space, made me sick.

I think that I can handle Bioshock because the motion is not terribly fast and there is lots of detail in the environment so it is easy to focus. I do get a little woozy in the underwater parts where there is no reticule, but those are fairly short. So I may not be able to handle the skyhook in BsI.

I did some googling awhile back and apparently dizziness and nausea are not uncommon in FP games. Things with both head bob and gun bob being prime culprits. Portal is often mentioned as a problematic game. It's weird - I never get motion sickness. I can read in a car and don't get seasick (I spent a lot of time on a boat in high school). But I have an inner ear condition that sometimes causes vertigo and some games will set it off.
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #95
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Essentially all of them. I can't even watch racing and flying games. Or Mirror's Edge. I played Portal for an hour and was ill for the rest of the evening. I played Portal 2 with The Saint - he handled the controller and we worked out the puzzles together, then I'd hide my face in a pillow while he moved around. It was actually pretty fun! Quality time with The Saint always is. .
I d'awwed IRL.

Quote:
Never played Fallout. SV has warned me against New Vegas due to story elements. Skyrim is only FP for the intro then you can toggle to 3rd. I tried to play The Unfinished Swan. I could do the first section where you splatter paint to reveal where to go, but the second section, which had a lot of blocky white space, made me sick.

I think that I can handle Bioshock because the motion is not terribly fast and there is lots of detail in the environment so it is easy to focus. I do get a little woozy in the underwater parts where there is no reticule, but those are fairly short. So I may not be able to handle the skyhook in BsI.

I did some googling awhile back and apparently dizziness and nausea are not uncommon in FP games. Things with both head bob and gun bob being prime culprits. Portal is often mentioned as a problematic game. It's weird - I never get motion sickness. I can read in a car and don't get seasick (I spent a lot of time on a boat in high school). But I have an inner ear condition that sometimes causes vertigo and some games will set it off.
If you every are interested, Fallout 3 GOTY edition is worth your time and you can switch into 3rd not unlike Skyrim. But you're right to remian weary of BSI. There isn't A LOT of forced Skyhooking in the game, but it''s definetly mandatory. A shame, because it's my favorite of the 3 and it does some real interesting things with the plot, but maybe you can redbox it or something in the future to test the waters, or a demo will drop. I totes understand not wanting to drop $60 on it.

As for Deus EX, you should be fine if you were good w/ Bioshock. It's a lot more slower paced, and kinda on par with Skyrim at times. I'm a fan. Borderlands, which I love, MAY be problematic for you at times though, which again is a shame, because it's fun as both 1st and the sequel is hilarious.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #96
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Animal Crossing on the eShop because I had no restraint. Today I picked up The Last of Us, but it's for my fiancÚ so I'll just be watching it... while I tend to my AC town, yup. Usually it's him that watches me play Uncharted or Walking Dead or whatever!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #97
Debitto_of_Bond
The Quaker Man

Last game I bought was The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary edition, if I'm gonna pay 50-60 bucks for a game I gonna make sure it has all the downloadable goodies bundled with it :3 I also just paid off my pre-order for Deadpool and added some more money down for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Otakon 2014:

Dandy! Space Dandy
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Beelzemon: Digimon Tamers
Mousse: Ranma 1/2
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
TV's Frank: MST3K

AWA 2014:

Dandy: Space Dandy
Megabyte: ReBoot (HOPEFULLY!!! )
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
The First Doctor: Doctor Who
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Debitto_of_Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #98
luukaa

Kid Icarus Uprising, AC:New Leaf and I'm not sure if this counts but I'm supposed to be getting a free 360 in the mail pretty soon, haha.
luukaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Got Project X Zone on Tuesday, but my GameStop didn't have Muramasa Rebirth yet, so I picked that one up yesterday. Both are tons of fun, but at the moment I'm liking Muramasa Rebirth a bit more.

EDIT: And then today I finally got Fire Emblem: Awakening. Hopefully I don't suck.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 07-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #100
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Picked up Soul Sacrifice for the Vita - I'm a sucker for anything that people say is "like Dark Souls". Also got Remember Me - which was not even on the shelf at the GameStop. I had to ask for it at the register. Great marketing there guys.
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #101
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I just got Dragon Quest VI off Amazon, finally.

After I beat this one, that will be the entire series under my belt...except X, because Enix hates North America now and won't localize anything...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #102
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just subscribed to Playstation Plus. Downloading Saint's Row the Third for PS3, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and Uncharted Golden Abyss for the Vita.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 07-06-2013 at 06:43 PM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #103
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
Just subscribed to Playstation Plus. Downloading Saint's Row the Third for PS3, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and Uncharted Golden Abyss for the Vita.
I hope you played 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS first and got the true ending. Because while Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is great on its own, there's huge spoilers from 999 in there, and that will probably matter in the next Zero Escape game.
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #104
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
I hope you played 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS first and got the true ending. Because while Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is great on its own, there's huge spoilers from 999 in there, and that will probably matter in the next Zero Escape game.
Yeah, a friend told me the same thing. Unfortunately, I never had a DS and could not play 999. I may go the emulator route or just read a summary, but I don't mind spoilers for the most part.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #105
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

At the con I went to these last four days my friend picked up 999 for me since I've been wanting it for a while.

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is online now   Reply With Quote