Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 680 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #10516
Black_The_White

I found this a while ago and had it bookmarked but it is small.

And yeah, when I patterned out the designs I enlarged photos of the artwork as well as cosplayers own to get a reference. I just enlarged it, copied it on tracing paper off my screen and then onto better paper.

Conventions
Anime LA 2015
Fanime 2015
Black_The_White is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #10517
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I've almost finished my SS zelda!! DD
Everything is done asides from the Harp, the gold belt, the center jewel and wig!
My resin ended up not working for a third time so I just ended up painting my clay copies and actually like them more than I think I would have liked the resin, Go figure! xD
I may also redo the top of my dress as I think the neck line is too high and the sleeves don't look right. (:
For the wig I'm thinking of ordering a Claudia wig from Arda to straighten and add in as wefts to make my wig have tonssss of natural volume. (I don't wanna use foam!!!!!!! XDDDD)

Ahh well! What do you think? [link]

Oh yes! Also I'm making SS Link (skyloft) for my boyfriend! I have everything cut out and the appliques are heat n bonded on I just need to satin stitch them! Yay!!!
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #10518
allycat6247

Thanks. I googled it and found a good one.

@Rangiku12 I just finished adult Malon and I have a file with the design for the sleeves. We (me and my mom) used transfer paper. Would probably have to make it bigger for the bottom, but this is the file I used: http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb7f1ed52.png

As for the Bowser broach, I bought it from someone a while ago, so I can't help with that.
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #10519
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Attended the Zelda Symphony: Second Quest in San Francisco this past Monday night, and it was amazing! Along with the standards of the Symphony, they added new selections form Link's Awakening, Spirit Tracks, a version of Dragon Roost Island added to the 3-part encore, new material in A Link to the Past, and a new version of Ballad of the Goddess. Just as awesome if not more so than the other times I've seen it! I actually cosplayed SS Link this time (didn't cosplay the other two times), and had a blast!

rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #10520
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Yay Malon!!!! xD When I did Adult Malon I just went online to see a picture of her outfit and then enlarged it to trace the pattern and then traced it onto a sturdier surface and cut out the outline of it! (Hope I'm wording everything correctly xD) But I'm sure these peeps know a better way of doing it haha!

Oh and the face is actually bowser! xD
http://www.kasuto.net/image/officialart/malon.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_The_White View Post
I found this a while ago and had it bookmarked but it is small.

And yeah, when I patterned out the designs I enlarged photos of the artwork as well as cosplayers own to get a reference. I just enlarged it, copied it on tracing paper off my screen and then onto better paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat6247 View Post
Thanks. I googled it and found a good one.

@Rangiku12 I just finished adult Malon and I have a file with the design for the sleeves. We (me and my mom) used transfer paper. Would probably have to make it bigger for the bottom, but this is the file I used: http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb7f1ed52.png

As for the Bowser broach, I bought it from someone a while ago, so I can't help with that.
Thanks guys!! I will look and see if someone makes the broach and glad I asked about the pattern. My Malon research got done quicker. Now on to Link @_@

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #10521
Black_The_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Thanks guys!! I will look and see if someone makes the broach and glad I asked about the pattern. My Malon research got done quicker. Now on to Link @_@
I made my own but if you're looking for a quick commission that's cheap I'd go with Jennifer's It's pretty much perfect. :]

Conventions
Anime LA 2015
Fanime 2015
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #10522
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_sosongco View Post
Attended the Zelda Symphony: Second Quest in San Francisco this past Monday night, and it was amazing! Along with the standards of the Symphony, they added new selections form Link's Awakening, Spirit Tracks, a version of Dragon Roost Island added to the 3-part encore, new material in A Link to the Past, and a new version of Ballad of the Goddess. Just as awesome if not more so than the other times I've seen it! I actually cosplayed SS Link this time (didn't cosplay the other two times), and had a blast!
I saw it last night in LA. I had a blast and it was much better then last year for me too. The Skyward Sword arrangement ended it so much better then Majora's Mask last year which I felt was anti-climatic and did not show the real greatness of the game.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: 15% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #10523
allycat6247

Quote:
I made my own but if you're looking for a quick commission that's cheap I'd go with Jennifer's It's pretty much perfect. :]
Yeah that's the one I have. I love it! It was a good price and she also sent me the designs for the sleeves and apron that I used.

Another question, for a bottle, is there something that would work to make it look like there is milk in the bottle, besides using milk?
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #10524
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
how do I ask her for one? I don't use deviantart.

Quote:
Yeah that's the one I have. I love it! It was a good price and she also sent me the designs for the sleeves and apron that I used.

Another question, for a bottle, is there something that would work to make it look like there is milk in the bottle, besides using milk?
candle wax,playdough,clay,or um baby powder? Those might work. I have a Lon Lon bottle and its filled with candle wax. Looks like milk but the wick at the top is a giveaway lol.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #10525
allycat6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
how do I ask her for one? I don't use deviantart.
You can send her (AnimeGeer) a pm on here. That's how I got mine from her.
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #10526
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

What about that expanding foam stuff? Space filler I think they call it.

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #10527
Black_The_White

Quote:

Wah. I totally had an answer for this too. I think some people mix something with water..I think it was paint? Or maybe it was glue. Either one would probably work.

Conventions
Anime LA 2015
Fanime 2015

Last edited by Black_The_White : 06-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #10528
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

Not to hijack, but I found another cpn pic. This one with Link

The only drawback to hi-res pics is you see where you made goofs even more :/ Lol

Zelda and Link MEFCC

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #10529
allycat6247

I think I might use a candle and I could probably cut off the wick to make it look more like milk if I want to. I've seen a couple on etsy that have a candle in it while looking for ideas too.
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #10530
LKD
Is a princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
I've almost finished my SS zelda!! DD
Everything is done asides from the Harp, the gold belt, the center jewel and wig!
My resin ended up not working for a third time so I just ended up painting my clay copies and actually like them more than I think I would have liked the resin, Go figure! xD
I may also redo the top of my dress as I think the neck line is too high and the sleeves don't look right. (:
For the wig I'm thinking of ordering a Claudia wig from Arda to straighten and add in as wefts to make my wig have tonssss of natural volume. (I don't wanna use foam!!!!!!! XDDDD)

Ahh well! What do you think? [link]

Oh yes! Also I'm making SS Link (skyloft) for my boyfriend! I have everything cut out and the appliques are heat n bonded on I just need to satin stitch them! Yay!!!
I wish I could sew that fast *-* I miss the days I use to zoom through the costumes now I'm like, "A PUCKER DIEEEE" and redo it over..and over..and over again q-q not fun

I hear you on the no foam thing, I want to reuse the wig for my Alice costume since I do parties in it (surprisingly it gets booked more often than I would think) so I need to keep it brush able and loose. And I like to keep it natural looking~

I used a Claudia straightened for my Alice wig before I remade the costume, it was perfect, really thick and easily intangled. It was bought back when arda first started and it lasted through millions of transformations until I accidently gave it away..as in I let someone borrow it and never got it back xD it's cool though, she does so much for me that I don't mind.
I haven't had a wig from arda like that again though..makes me sad.
Hope it works out for you! here's a pic of it http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3050982/ see how nice and full it is~ I would recommend trimming the ends since the layers are uneven though.

Speaking of that Zelda, after the symphony (which was amazing), I got sooo excited for mine! I'm not making the costume since I have no time because of commissions but its in capable hands I went texture crazy and bough peach skin, dupioni, canvas, tafetta, corduroy, and I forget what else~ looksie; the colors are a bit off..stupid phone. Just putting the link to keep this from getting even longer than it is.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2uz4403.jpg

I bought my wig from epic cosplay because I still had my $10 certificate they sent me for sharing my rarity wig with them~ I basically got the wefts for free. I sewed them in today but it did almost nothing. The left is pre weft and the right is after sewing them in..
i used up my saved points (I have just enough to finish paying off everything for AX so I didn't want to spend money) to buy matching ponytail clips to straighten and sew in the front and back.
http://i44.tinypic.com/3127azo.jpg

Again since I'm tight moneywise, I accompanied my dad to the thrift store since he was picking up suits to send back to his country and I found one pair of boots that would work for her which he bought for me ($10) It even has the flaps but they're a darker brown but eh I'm already going far from being screen accurate so Im dealing with it can't say no to free boots.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2yni7pt.jpg

And lastly xD I styled the bangs right now :3 I don't like flat bangs so I gave it more of a poof~

AAAAH sorry for spamming this giant post but IM SO EXCITEEED. I need to do a makeup test tonight >>;

-explodes-

Last edited by LKD : 06-14-2013 at 08:49 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote