Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Critique

Unread 06-14-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
Macky-San

Looking for critiques on my Photogallery

http://macky-sama.deviantart.com/gallery/44207143

I'm looking for critiques on my latest set of photoshoots I've taken over at Anime North. I taken into consideration on some advice and critiques on my last set of photo's a few months ago and hopefully I did improve overtime but I know still have a long ways to go. I still think my editing does need work, but that's what critiques and improvement is for, now with that being said I still don't have a flash (ugghhh I know someone pointed that out on my last thread about getting one)
I would love some recommendations on equipment and hopefully something that I can afford for the time being.
Macky-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Brea
Business Student

Lol, I wish I asked for a photoshoot... damn you :P

Caitlyn:
1st shot: Her gun seems be pointed LEFT. The crop should show her on the right because o f that - to add some flow into the picture... because as it is the right side of the photo seems pointless at the moment. If you know how to manipulate using Lightroom the red should be less saturated and since you have no flash and you should add a radial filter around her face and increase the exposure since the camera focus is on her face.

2nd shot: Shots like these are best if you showed the background more. The shot seems to rightly cropped to leave an interesting picture.

3rd shot: Again, odd crop. If you're going for these shots, show all the way to the shoes. Or at least crop it off right after the a tiny bit of leg after skirt. Cutting after the knee is a very odd crop.

4th shot: Again, should more background or more of the cosplayer in these type of shots. Her arms seemed cut off since its cropped that way.

Take these with a grain of salt. Just my opinion, of course.

PS. If you have a Flickr add me! Flickr

Last edited by Brea : 06-17-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Brea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Macky-San

Hmm I see, alright I'll take that into consideration next time...Also I think I remember talking to you as well! Yeah! I still have your business cards on me with the photography and the figure photography....Correct if I'm wrong.
Macky-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Brea
Business Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky-San View Post
Hmm I see, alright I'll take that into consideration next time...Also I think I remember talking to you as well! Yeah! I still have your business cards on me with the photography and the figure photography....Correct if I'm wrong.
I'm not a cosplayer, I'm a photographer. I didn't talk to you during the con, maybe you're mistaking me with someone else
Brea is offline   Reply With Quote