Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
5ds4ever1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
I might bring Guy again this year. I am not sure yet though.
__________________
Otakon 2013:

Thursday: Hatsune Miku
Friday: Shizuo, possible Guy
Saturday: Shizuo, possible Guy
Sunday: Shizuo or Hatsune Miku

Zenkaikon 2014 or Katsucon 2014?
5ds4ever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #47
Ion
Lyrical gangster
 
Ion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,318
Submitted time reservations on the Otakon gathering list:

Series/Gathering name: Tales of Series
Day: Friday and Saturday
Time: 4pm both days
Place: Meet by escalators of Indoor Fountain room (between escalators and windows)

While exact location may be up in the air, we can at least meet up at the escalator area and migrate to wherever else.

Just no outside plz. It's always so hot and unbearable especially now that Otakon has been moved back into August. If we are in a cooler location, we can get more games, groups, and special shots done.

Again, we're totally open to discussing and moving to different locations! So if anyone can think of places that aren't too far from the beaten path and out in the bright heat, please do mention it. Also, you are totally free to set up smaller, private gatherings for cosplayers in your game at other times and locations, borrowing any missed characters you meet at the big gathering. Sooo yep.
__________________
OUR SHENANIGANS ARE CHEEKY AND FUN
LINK OUT + StealthStore

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #48
Lady Arieta
Crazy Asian
 
Lady Arieta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 279
Waugh, I should pay attention to this more often XD.

List completely updated. If there's anything I missed, please feel free to tell me! :]
__________________
-Katsucon-
Claves-Eternal Sonata/Tomoe Mami-Puella Magi/Secret!Cos from Fire Emblem: Kakusei(Awakening)

-Currently Working on-

If you see me, don't be shy to approach me. I may be Asian but I'm not an elitist nor am I a jerk face :3. I'm just one crazy hyper Asian ^.^

If you find me on Facebook, please don't hold a grudge if I reject you :x. I just don't add random people.
Lady Arieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #49
Zand
Registered User
 
Zand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 138
HI everyone I will be there as Van form abyss. Yes i was the one form last year if any one else was there.
Zand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #50
loongy22
Registered User
 
loongy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
Thanks for organizing this Ion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Submitted time reservations on the Otakon gathering list:

Series/Gathering name: Tales of Series
Day: Friday and Saturday
Time: 4pm both days
Place: Meet by escalators of Indoor Fountain room (between escalators and windows)

While exact location may be up in the air, we can at least meet up at the escalator area and migrate to wherever else.

Just no outside plz. It's always so hot and unbearable especially now that Otakon has been moved back into August. If we are in a cooler location, we can get more games, groups, and special shots done.

Again, we're totally open to discussing and moving to different locations! So if anyone can think of places that aren't too far from the beaten path and out in the bright heat, please do mention it. Also, you are totally free to set up smaller, private gatherings for cosplayers in your game at other times and locations, borrowing any missed characters you meet at the big gathering. Sooo yep.
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
Ion
Lyrical gangster
 
Ion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,318
In the meantime, whilst everyone is either procrastinating or sewing, anyone want to add anything to poses etc?

Here's a list of what we did last year. [Scroll to bottom of post]
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...89&postcount=5
__________________
OUR SHENANIGANS ARE CHEEKY AND FUN
LINK OUT + StealthStore

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #52
Wolfer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 38
I'm coming again as Asbel with my sword. I am trying to think if there is anything I could bring along to make it interesting. So far one crazy thought come to mind is a straw hat like from one piece, that be interesting a bit.
Wolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #53
loongy22
Registered User
 
loongy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
I'm organizing a Tales of Dinner for Friday evening for any Tales fans. It's just a normal meetup for Tales fans at Nandos sometime after the photoshoot. Probably 6pm. Everyone is welcome!
https://www.facebook.com/events/192123740953322

I'm also organizing an Army of Asbels/Graces photoshoot on Sunday at 10am. Location TBA
If anyone knows any Asbels that are coming to Otakon, please let them know about this event! Other Graces characters are welcome as well!
https://www.facebook.com/events/142661752600857
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #54
loongy22
Registered User
 
loongy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
I'm coming again as Asbel with my sword. I am trying to think if there is anything I could bring along to make it interesting. So far one crazy thought come to mind is a straw hat like from one piece, that be interesting a bit.
Hooray!
You could do attachments or figure out poses/phrases. I'm going to be bringing the watermelon attachment. heh.
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #55
evenstar1
heart of darkness
 
evenstar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,989
I'll be at at least one of the shoots but not sure which Tales costume I'll be bringing yet. I have Yuri Lowell and Luke done but I may be working on a surprise one for a friend XD
__________________
Otakon 2013
Eren Jaeger: Attack on Titan
Will of the Abyss: Pandora Hearts
Alone:Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
Nezumi:No. 6
Nagisa:Free!
Xemnas:Kingdom Hearts
Sebastian:Kuroshitsuji
evenstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #56
POOTERS
Registered User
 
POOTERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 262
Goin as Richard(Tales of Graces) on Friday, Yuri Lowell(Tales of Vesperia) on Saturday. I'll let this thread know if something changes.
__________________
facebook.com/princepooters
http://www.acparadise.com/ace/display.php?a=83824

Next: Anime Central(5/2014), FanimeCon(5/3014), Anime Expo(7/2014)
POOTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #57
vLightnDarkv
Registered User
 
vLightnDarkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Finally getting around to seeing what's going on Tales wise at Otakon this year. Glad to see the shoots are the same as last year, makes things simpler.

I will once again be returning as standard Lloyd, and will be debuting Keele Zeibel providing I can get him finished (started >.>). Was debating on doing my alt. Lloyd again because it's a fun costume (especially the cape) but no real point in bringing three Tales costumes with only two shoots.
vLightnDarkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #58
vLightnDarkv
Registered User
 
vLightnDarkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
And because I can't figure out how to edit/delete a post... (assuming that can even be done).

The Yuan and Botta that's usually with me will also be returning.
vLightnDarkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #59
Miakaylia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87
This will be my first Otakon, so I'm sure I'll be getting lost lol. However, I should be bringing my Asch the Bloody cosplay with me to the Friday photoshoot. I'd love to come to Saturday one too, but there's a Zelda shoot going on around the same time and my Zelda cosplay requires a lot of make-up so I doubt I'd be able to change in time to still see you guys on Saturday :C But I'll definitely try to make it to the Friday shoot as Asch!
__________________
Cosplay Plans of 2013:
Luke fon Fabre | Asch the Bloody | WW!Zelda | Sprite | Vaati | (remaking) Neku Sakuraba & Genis Sage
Conventions:
Animazement | Otakon | (possibly) Anime Weekend Atlanta

DeviantART | MiC: My Cosplay Website
Miakaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #60
loongy22
Registered User
 
loongy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vLightnDarkv View Post
Finally getting around to seeing what's going on Tales wise at Otakon this year. Glad to see the shoots are the same as last year, makes things simpler.

I will once again be returning as standard Lloyd, and will be debuting Keele Zeibel providing I can get him finished (started >.>). Was debating on doing my alt. Lloyd again because it's a fun costume (especially the cape) but no real point in bringing three Tales costumes with only two shoots.
Unless you love Tales that much and just wear it for a normal day :P (And hunt down people from the series like a scavenger hunt)
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.