Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
5ds4ever1

I might bring Guy again this year. I am not sure yet though.

Thursday: Hatsune Miku
Friday: Shizuo, possible Guy
Saturday: Shizuo, possible Guy
Sunday: Shizuo or Hatsune Miku

Zenkaikon 2014 or Katsucon 2014?
5ds4ever1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #47
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Submitted time reservations on the Otakon gathering list:

Series/Gathering name: Tales of Series
Day: Friday and Saturday
Time: 4pm both days
Place: Meet by escalators of Indoor Fountain room (between escalators and windows)

While exact location may be up in the air, we can at least meet up at the escalator area and migrate to wherever else.

Just no outside plz. It's always so hot and unbearable especially now that Otakon has been moved back into August. If we are in a cooler location, we can get more games, groups, and special shots done.

Again, we're totally open to discussing and moving to different locations! So if anyone can think of places that aren't too far from the beaten path and out in the bright heat, please do mention it. Also, you are totally free to set up smaller, private gatherings for cosplayers in your game at other times and locations, borrowing any missed characters you meet at the big gathering. Sooo yep.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #48
Lady Arieta
Crazy Asian

Waugh, I should pay attention to this more often XD.

List completely updated. If there's anything I missed, please feel free to tell me! :]

-Currently Working on-

If you see me, don't be shy to approach me. I may be Asian but I'm not an elitist nor am I a jerk face :3. I'm just one crazy hyper Asian ^.^

If you find me on Facebook, please don't hold a grudge if I reject you :x. I just don't add random people.
Lady Arieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #49
Zand

HI everyone I will be there as Van form abyss. Yes i was the one form last year if any one else was there.
Zand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #50
loongy22

Thanks for organizing this Ion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Submitted time reservations on the Otakon gathering list:

Series/Gathering name: Tales of Series
Day: Friday and Saturday
Time: 4pm both days
Place: Meet by escalators of Indoor Fountain room (between escalators and windows)

While exact location may be up in the air, we can at least meet up at the escalator area and migrate to wherever else.

Just no outside plz. It's always so hot and unbearable especially now that Otakon has been moved back into August. If we are in a cooler location, we can get more games, groups, and special shots done.

Again, we're totally open to discussing and moving to different locations! So if anyone can think of places that aren't too far from the beaten path and out in the bright heat, please do mention it. Also, you are totally free to set up smaller, private gatherings for cosplayers in your game at other times and locations, borrowing any missed characters you meet at the big gathering. Sooo yep.
loongy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
Ion
Lyrical gangster

In the meantime, whilst everyone is either procrastinating or sewing, anyone want to add anything to poses etc?

Here's a list of what we did last year. [Scroll to bottom of post]
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...89&postcount=5

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #52
Wolfer

I'm coming again as Asbel with my sword. I am trying to think if there is anything I could bring along to make it interesting. So far one crazy thought come to mind is a straw hat like from one piece, that be interesting a bit.
Wolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #53
loongy22

I'm organizing a Tales of Dinner for Friday evening for any Tales fans. It's just a normal meetup for Tales fans at Nandos sometime after the photoshoot. Probably 6pm. Everyone is welcome!
https://www.facebook.com/events/192123740953322

I'm also organizing an Army of Asbels/Graces photoshoot on Sunday at 10am. Location TBA
If anyone knows any Asbels that are coming to Otakon, please let them know about this event! Other Graces characters are welcome as well!
https://www.facebook.com/events/142661752600857
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #54
loongy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
I'm coming again as Asbel with my sword. I am trying to think if there is anything I could bring along to make it interesting. So far one crazy thought come to mind is a straw hat like from one piece, that be interesting a bit.
Hooray!
You could do attachments or figure out poses/phrases. I'm going to be bringing the watermelon attachment. heh.
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #55
evenstar1
heart of darkness

I'll be at at least one of the shoots but not sure which Tales costume I'll be bringing yet. I have Yuri Lowell and Luke done but I may be working on a surprise one for a friend XD
Alone:Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
Nezumi:No. 6
Nagisa:Free!
Xemnas:Kingdom Hearts
Sebastian:Kuroshitsuji
evenstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #56
POOTERS

Goin as Richard(Tales of Graces) on Friday, Yuri Lowell(Tales of Vesperia) on Saturday. I'll let this thread know if something changes.

Next: Anime Central(5/2014), FanimeCon(5/3014), Anime Expo(7/2014)
POOTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #57
vLightnDarkv

Finally getting around to seeing what's going on Tales wise at Otakon this year. Glad to see the shoots are the same as last year, makes things simpler.

I will once again be returning as standard Lloyd, and will be debuting Keele Zeibel providing I can get him finished (started >.>). Was debating on doing my alt. Lloyd again because it's a fun costume (especially the cape) but no real point in bringing three Tales costumes with only two shoots.
vLightnDarkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #58
vLightnDarkv

And because I can't figure out how to edit/delete a post... (assuming that can even be done).

The Yuan and Botta that's usually with me will also be returning.
vLightnDarkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #59
Miakaylia

This will be my first Otakon, so I'm sure I'll be getting lost lol. However, I should be bringing my Asch the Bloody cosplay with me to the Friday photoshoot. I'd love to come to Saturday one too, but there's a Zelda shoot going on around the same time and my Zelda cosplay requires a lot of make-up so I doubt I'd be able to change in time to still see you guys on Saturday :C But I'll definitely try to make it to the Friday shoot as Asch!
Animazement | Otakon | (possibly) Anime Weekend Atlanta

DeviantART | MiC: My Cosplay Website
Miakaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #60
loongy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vLightnDarkv View Post
Finally getting around to seeing what's going on Tales wise at Otakon this year. Glad to see the shoots are the same as last year, makes things simpler.

I will once again be returning as standard Lloyd, and will be debuting Keele Zeibel providing I can get him finished (started >.>). Was debating on doing my alt. Lloyd again because it's a fun costume (especially the cape) but no real point in bringing three Tales costumes with only two shoots.
Unless you love Tales that much and just wear it for a normal day :P (And hunt down people from the series like a scavenger hunt)