Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
pinkirlia

Panties?

I tried crossplaying MtF recently (and I plan to many times in the future) but I quickly realized that I would have to be really careful about not showing off my briefs. I chose the scantiest pair I own to lessen the risk but I'd like to know if I should wear women's underwear in the future. I still don't want anyone looking up my skirt but I at least don't want a dead giveaway if someone does. I'm also worried there won't be enough fabric to keep me covered. I definitely don't want anything slipping out. My next crossplay has leggings so they should be opaque enough to render the issue moot but it would be nice to know for future reference.
pinkirlia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

As a girl I wear ultra-seamless boy-short undies (that are far closer to biking shorts anyways) in a matching color under skirts just to discourage those that might work to get a peek to begin with. Depending on what cosplays you are going you could make puffy boomers, those hide everything! But remember, always bend at the knees anyways. Good luck!
Misseeriechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

just for the fun of it, when i crossplay i wear briefs. makes me feel manry
psycho pass ginoza 95% making dominator
amnesia orion- 95% elf ear making
Annie (attack on titan) 80% dying/making 3d gear
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
meb9000

For my MtF crossplays I wear a sort of cheerleader-style brief that is conservative (meant to protect against upskirt issues) but looks and feels right. I try to match the color of the skirt being used as well.

Booker Dewitt (Bioshock Infinite)

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

In Progress: RWBY Weiss Schnee
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
PoodleBoy

Two of the previous posts hit the nail on the head. Depending on my MtoF crossplay, I wear very short , yet very puffy bloomers, usually with ruffle trim at the elastic around the legs. These hide everything and are very comfortable, yet coordinates nicely with my costume (or my sweet lolita dresses). For my Sailor Moon type costumes (short pleated skirts) I wear spandex "cheer" briefs. These are very stretchy and cover everything and look "correct" in case anyone gets a glimpse up there!
I ALWAYS stay away from thongs. I know many crossplayers who try to wear them and it looks quite scary. They only are good for wearing under very skin tight pants. I also never wear male underwear or "boycut" female underwear. After all, I AM crossplaying. I dont want to wear anything "male" when Im crossplaying!
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Reilala

Boyshorts and bikini style work best for the crossplays I do. Just need to find the right fabric and the lines are hidden.
Reilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
iamthelain

I have tried many brands and styles and found haines cotton strech bikinis to be very comfortable and functional for both cosplay and everyday use. I actuly found them to be so much better fitting then the guys underwear I used to were that I switched to them full time over 4 years ago. The 3 pack is only like $7 at walmart and they come in a verity of patterns and colors.

http://www.hanes.com/clothing/women/...istband-3-pack
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
bahmont

I would suggest female bikini panties unless they would show lines then i would suggest a thong.Seamless boy leg shorts would work fine if you want something more conservative.
bahmont is offline   Reply With Quote