Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
narutokunobsess

Tips for Cosplaying Great Fairy from MM/OoT

Hi guys its me fi, but this time I want to do a great fairie cosplay from MM basically and I was inspired by this costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6p77cIJc8M

Basically I was thinking of buying a nude unitard painting on the leaves for the body instead of attaching real ones. I was either thinking painting white first on the leotaurd and then painting the green, or getting a synthetic fabric and painting on that like in the video.

I think attaching synthetic route seem to work but Im not sure what white synthetic fabric she used, so im deciding what kind of synthetic I should use. I got a choice at Joanns of the following:
95% Raylon 5% spandex
100% polyester
82% Nylon 18% spandex

Then I was wondering how to attach it. Ive seen velcro, and stuff like that, but what if I were to use the iron on adhesive? Would I need to use some sort of dummy or stuff the unitaurd?

And also what would be a good marker to use to draw my patterns especially for white spandex?

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

I don't know what type of white fabric you'd want to use or how to attach it, but i figure you'd want to use special fabric markers. Anything else might bleed or seep.
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
narutokunobsess

Well i was planning to use Jacquard's textile paint just like in the video and one of those types. Spandex, polyester, etc.

They say textile is made for synthetics and you can make it permanent by ironing the back.
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
narutokunobsess

Ok guys, I decided to try out swim wear lining fabric, since I couldn't decide anymore. Ive always got a hard time choosing things sometimes, because I get too perfectionist sometimes.

The lining just has a nice sheen and its not as see through. Hopefully it will work when I paint it into actual leaves on the torso, and legs.

Ill turn this into an in progress forum. Ill be doing some tests with Jacquards textile for my swim wear fabric and see how well the paint reacts. Im assuming it would be ok because of the video, the person who did this stuff look ok in the final video when she attach all the pieces together.

Im really inspired to try and make it into a gymnastics outfit, or like a production suit. I could probably add beddazlers or something. XD. But Ill stay simple and only sew the leaves and patterns for now.

Im wondering though, do iron ones such as heat bond work on the back of swimwear lining to a dancewear outfit? I might try something like that. Other wise its also a test with my other friend.
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
narutokunobsess

Guys I have an idea. I need though a 3D model rip. Is there a way to rip the great fairy model somewhere?
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
biancabellalove

i am excited to see the progress of your great fairy cosplay! mine is a bodysuit and fake ivy sewn on. i don't think i've seen a great fairy with a painted bodysuit. sounds interesting!
biancabellalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
narutokunobsess

Ive already finish. Sorry for belated post XD. My friend Peachy pie cosplay really helped me out for sewing these on.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/457705/

I might perpetually switch to a better wig.