Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #2116
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Celine: Wait...when did the 4 Fiends happen and why was I not there to see the amazing things? DAH!

You all look awesome, and I can't stop going nutso over your Palom/Porom combo. Next A-Kon we're totally going to overkill on the old school. I hope. XD

@Tabby: Wonderful job! I love the color of the dress. So pretty on you. ^^
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #2117
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Thanks, a lot of people say I look good in red.

Well, JAFAX was good, though nobody recognized me. Apparently less people play the after years than I thought. Only problem was that it was extremely muggy outside and inside, well, it was really loud and crowded and made me claustrophobic so my boyfriend and I decided to leave early.

One thing I learned though is that my boyfriend is not very heat-tolerant so if he wants to cosplay TAY!Cecil in all of that paladin armor, then he better need to man up. Do you guys think there is any way to make the oufit more cooler for him or will he either have to just bite the bullet or save it for a fall-spring cosplay?
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #2118
Seifer-sama

@ Celine: Oh that was your first Fanime? Awesome! Sorry you had to come on a construction year though! I am really hoping that this next year it will finally be over with. The convention really has a lot of issues running smoothly with it. In any case, sorry to hear your group was whining, but glad you at least had fun! I do hope to see you next year!! And holy cow the four fiends group is so awesome!!! Wow! I wish I had a FF4 costume now.... :P Oh and have fun at AX!!

Tabby Catty: You could always invest in a cooling system. I know some people have gone to the extent of buying AC's, but those are expensive. You can buy cooling packs though. I think there are some that work with just water, but you will probably have to re-hydrate it after a few hours. It's better than chancing heat stroke though. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #2119
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

yeah, cooling systems are nice, but yeah, too expensive for us.

I'll just have to make sure that the material for the suit he wears under the armor is a breathable.
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #2120
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Tabby: I can't find the link to these (damn) but there are these menthol pads that you can buy at most convenience stores. Basically they are insulated and once they hit the air, they activate and can keep you cool for up to 8 hours. I have friends who use it for their armor pieces. And! you smell nice. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #2121
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

If he doesn't like heat, you will NEED cooling packs or a fan or something. I am notorious for getting heat exhaustion and I just about died in Kain's armor after 45 minutes. No bueno. I couldn't finangle a cooling system in time since it was a rush job, but I purposely made it so I could strip to the waist within 30 seconds if I started to overheat and had a little battery powered fan to get under my wig and helmet since cooling the back of your neck makes you feel a whole lot better.

In Edward news, I just bought pant fabric, which unfortunately I have to dye to get from red-orange to a more burnt sienna color. At least it was only $3 a yard so if I screw it up it's not a huge loss. Also picked out the coat and shirt pattern for Harley. I'm probably going to cheat and use my usual pajama pant bottom pattern for the two of them with a little working the legs. I'm a sucker for comfort.
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #2122
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

okay guys, I guess it will be a good investment then, I'll mention it to him. Definitely link me to one that is affordable. I did find some nice cooling vests to go under his cuirass, but it waaaaaaaaaay over our budget. Still, I'll definitely shoot him that idea and let him know that his dream of cosplaying Cecil with me is not dead yet!

I do like those methol pads, but they seem to be one time use and will add up in costs overtime if I wear it a lot during the summer. Fortunately, the only real summer con we go to is JAFAX, most are typically in the spring and fall where its usually cool where I live.

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 06-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #2123
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Help, I can't decide whether I want to do TAY promo-artwork Rydia or old-school Amano type.
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #2124
MissLunatic
Someone

Hey,
I know I haven't written for quite a while. Maybe you don't even remember me.^^
But I just wanted to drop by and say that I haven't canceled my plans and that I'm currently working on my Locke cosplay. (I have to admit, shopping was fun, cause I could be more creative than usually when I have got a strict design given by the series.) In fact it's a little last-minute again cause the con is in about a week. But I have nearly all materials ready and the jacket is more than halfway finished.
It's just a question now how many details I'll be able to add in the time remaining.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #2125
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Well, I'm currently looking for a good cooling vest for my boyfriend's Cecil cosplay to wear under his paladin armor. I'm looking for one that is inexpensive but still is of a somewhat good quality and for a bigger guy like him (though he is losing weight at a steady rate so I am hesitant to purchase one yet, plus, this isn't until the distant future)

I just wonder if there are some cooling vests for the summer that are at a reasonable price since although he can wear pants in 90+ degree weather, he still dislikes heat. I do too to some extent, but I only have to wear pauldrons and I can make Rosa's long white dress out of a light, breathable material no problem.
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #2126
Seifer-sama

@ kaligoddess: Decisions decisions... the struggles of a cosplayer.

@ MissLunatic: Oooh Locke is still cool!! I bet that was a blast to shop for. My friend just completed her Locke costume and I swear it seems like the more you have on, the more you look like Locke. :P Please post pictures when you can!!

@ Tabby Catty: I think if he is losing weight as fast as you say, I would wait until the weight loss slows or stops, so you don't have to worry about fitting issues. Good luck to you guys!!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #2127
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

yeah, that's what I was thinking, he is losing weight at a fairly steady rate so I'm gonna wait until the spring. I actually might sew our Dragon Quest V costumes first. Again, since I would need to see him regularly in order to fit it properly and a long distance relationship is hard to do so. However, the toga seems like something that doesn't need too much fitting and it is forgiving enough for me to just go by his measurements, plus, I won't have to invest in a cooling vest (lol inVEST) and the outfit for the Hero itself seems to be easy to adjust if he does lose a bit of weight.

But yeah, again, this seems more like a costume for when we live together or at least I move closer to him.

In the meantime, I'm gonna do work on some costumes to help me practice with armor, especially pauldrons. Since I'll also need to make pauldrons for my TAY!Rosa. I will also have a lot of fun making the weapons since I do have some experience with making LARP weapons.

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 07-23-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #2128
MissLunatic
Someone

I'm going to if there will be any pictures halfway worthy to post of our group.^^
Although I have to admit: My cosplay won't be as flashy as some cosplayers make it and won't include as many pearls or fringes as some use (plus I'm not entirely satisfied with the patterns of my fabrics). Somehow I ended up with a design all in all containing rather cold colours and silver, a dark blue jacket, zebra shirt, silver wig as well.
Today I'm going to finish the main work on my daggers. I try to make the thief knife and the sword breaker as accurately as possible as they are depicted in a printed game guide for the SNES version.
Plus I learned a lot again working on this cosplay. First time I tried to embroider something. Although I have to admit one will notice that it is a first try.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #2129
Seifer-sama

@ Tabby Catty: I have found that armor is something you have to constantly fit and try on to get things right, so I agree, perhaps waiting until you live closer together would be a better time. Most fabric is forgiving enough to let you get away with not as precise measurements. I am really looking forward to seeing some progress from you. It sounds like you have a lot of amazing plans already.

@ MissLunatic: Awwww there must be at least one. I totally understand though, some cosplays are just a work in progress. As you move passed them and make new ones, you learn techniques that would have been helpful to know on your earlier costumes, but there is no saying you can't go back and work on the older ones. I do all the time... well if I think I need it. :P Sometimes it's good to just let an old costume be, but if it bugs you enough to want to fix it, go for it. Good luck to you!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #2130
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Thanks Seifer! I currently working on a Lien cosplay from Order of the Stick to help me practice making pauldrons haven't been able to do much due to school, but next week I should be able to get it done before NMAcon. It will definitely help prepare me for Cecil and Rosa in the future.