Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #60781
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Finally got around to updating my signature, now that cosplay.com works on my computer again!
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #60782
Emi
want some pins with that?

My Junko wig came in today and I love it! Except now I'm getting the urge to rip apart her skirt in order to make it a little shorter and put darts in the waistband. It just...doesn't sit right with the large difference between my waist and hips.

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #60783
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Just found some pictures of cosplay from Beet the Vandel Buster. I honestly thought I was the only one who was cosplaying from the series (especially since the series never had a real ending). It's awesome! Too bad the character I am doing has not been done before so that's a no-go for reference pics.

Possible Future Cosplays
Ippo (Hajime no Ippo)
Guts, Golden Age (Berserk)
Teen Goku (Dragonball/ Dragonball Z)
Steve Rogers civilian uniform (Captain America: First Avenger)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Author of the "Getting Fit for Cosplay" Katsucon panel.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #60784
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Spent the past few hours taking a cheese grater to my pants, and they look awesome now!
The downside? My fingers and knee now match my pants in terms of damage and I still have to finish the shirt-Which is getting a color treatment as I type this.
I'm excited, even if it is a quick put-together.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #60785
Isikaru

Anime Expo is almost upon us. Last week I was super excited, but now comes the familiar "nervous and pessimistic" part that I hate. I'm starting to get scared that I won't be able to meet my own expectations of being friendly or having fun or...well, being even semi attractive in my cosplay. OTL (I don't think that matters in reality, but I want to do my favorite character's at least a bit of justice).

I'm also not sure when I'll be able to make any progress on future cosplay. After losing my car and being notified that I'm in deep shit if I don't pay a minimum payment towards my tax debt...I realized I should take money seriously and start saving a bit. I guess going to Good Will or Savers every now and then wouldn't hurt though. =P I don't want to stop working on cosplay completely for too long.
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #60786
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
I'm so looking forward to going back to Finland to visit my friends and attend a con! It'll be so awesome. XO Gotta repair the two costumes I'm taking! Packing DWC Miku will be a challenge, though... XD
Oh, what con?
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #60787
MidnightMinx90

I figured yesterday morning that I'm not sure if I bought enough fabric for Nocturnal or not, and mom said we can head there tomorrow to buy more.
Problem is I haven't started on the cosplay yet, so I still don't know if I have enough.
I REALLY need to stop being so lazy...

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead ~ Sera from Dragon Age: Inquisition
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #60788
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I just realized if I add fem. Gilgamesh to my con schedule for Otakon...that makes things very difficult. -_- I don't know when I'm going to cosplay her, unless I remove Camellia Gumi from my lineup but I don't want to and I want to be Fate/Extra Heroine for the Type-Moon shoot. Decisions...decisions...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #60789
Scarecrow1992
Enthusiast of the Obscure

Had an amazing time at the meetup yesterday. Everyone loved the Sniper outfit, though I need to work on it some more (Arm patches, ammo pack, quiver). Still, it was great and I made a few new friends and referred them to here (If they're not already members)
Mankind (WWE)
The Undertaker (WWE)
JasonPool (Deadpool/Friday the 13th)
Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)

Working on:
Leatherface (0%)
Macho Man Randy Savage

Planned:
Hillbilly Jim (WWE)
Road Warrior Thor (Original Marvel concept)

Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #60790
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I didn't fail!!!! I just finished Fleur's wand handle, and while it isn't perfect, I still think it's pretty good, especially considering I've never done anything this detailed/difficult before! The swirl is too bit, but that's the only way I was able to do it. I'm pretty happy with it!

Pic
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3400767/
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #60791
MidnightMinx90

Started on Nocturnal (AT LAST!).
Done the sleeves so far, then moving on to the back. Will probably not start the hood and front until tomorrow, when I'll also buy gold and silver ribbons and silver textile paint or something similar to do the swirls

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead ~ Sera from Dragon Age: Inquisition
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #60792
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Found a gorgeous gold trim in the exact shade I want for Maximilian on eBay...but do I really need 13 yards of it?

This costume is getting so damn expensive. Ohhhh well!
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Winter
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #60793
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So, after six weeks I have finally returned to the US of A. I bought all sorts of kimono accessories while in Japan so all that's left is finishing Len's kimono... in one week. And then finish my friend's costume in one week.

Oh yeah, and my tailbone got bruised on my trip back to the states.

FML, but I must endeavor to persevere!
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #60794
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

I'm in such a cosplay funk right now. ;_; There's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now that is occupying most of my attention. But I've got projects that are sitting untouched on my to-do list, and I still have materials that need purchasing. I just can't seem to find the proper motivation to get my butt moving.

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2016 Conventions:
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #60795
Khorrupt

I retired my formal Soul Eater cosplay this past year, and so now I've just got a (cheap) pinstripe suit staring at me.

I am SO very tempted to dye it black, hem the jacket, turn the pants into a skirt and make a Meg costume (from Paperman.) If only I had a George...

Last edited by Khorrupt : 06-23-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote