Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 06-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
StefanixBubz

Fabric Outlets in NSW?

Hey everyone =)

I hope I'm posting this in the right place >_<"
Anyways, I am looking for fabric. To be more specific, I'm looking for either Vinyl, Polyurethane Laminate or Leather-look (Has to be stretch).

I am located in Sydney NSW, & have checked Spotlight (Bondi) with no such luck. Does anyone know where I can buy either of these? Or know of a place I can check out? I don't particularly want to import fabric from the US :X

Thank you very much =3

Check out my Facebook page:Click Me!!
Check out my YouTube channel:Click Me!!
Check out my Website:Click Me!!
Up-coming appearance at EB Expo (Sat Twilight) Lady Sylvanas (World of Warcraft)
Hope to cya around (⌒▽⌒)ノ☆

StefanixBubz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
Miss-Kagamine

You could try Lincraft you i think you will probably run into the same problem you did with spotlight.
I find that Cabramatta is really good with fabrics. There are so many different stores that you could probably find what you're looking for. So i suggest that you go out to Cambramatta and have a look and see if you can find it there (:
Miss-Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
CorporatePuppet

I agree with Kagamine, Cabramatta is rather good for finding things and yes, you could try Lincraft. If you don't mind traveling you could also try other Spotlight store like in Rockdale and Miranda since not all Spotlights carry the same stuff, like for instance one Spotlight might have the fabric you want but another one doesn't that kind of thing (( my best bet is to try Rockdale since it's bigger then Miranda and I think there's a sale right now on fabric))

try looking at artsy districts around NSW, like maybe Marrickville? My art teacher says that's a pretty good place to look for artsy stuff and fabric ((my teachers into Steampunk and I haven't really been to Marrickville myself but I've heard that it's good for art things -_-; ))

check up on the net and maybe Google Maps or something? you could also call businesses and see if they have the fabric in stock to save time? here's a list of stores in Marrickville that might be of help http://www.truelocal.com.au/find/fab.../marrickville/

I know there a good fabric store in Hurstville and are relatively cheep depending on how may meter's you need. Another alternative is maybe make fake leather, there are tutorials on the net that tell you how too like this one, http://bijouscosplay.deviantart.com/...ther-110965427 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZSr2CZRp4

Yet it depends on what your making with it. I think making leather is good if your making something small like straps or armor cuffs but if it's a costume then...erh...yeah...I have nothing but to just look around for stores. I mean there has to be a store that carries your specific fabric close to you.

I wish you the best of luck ^-^
and apologies for the giant slab of text.
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #4
StefanixBubz

Thanks so much everyone =D

Check out my Facebook page:Click Me!!
Check out my YouTube channel:Click Me!!
Check out my Website:Click Me!!
Up-coming appearance at EB Expo (Sat Twilight) Lady Sylvanas (World of Warcraft)
Hope to cya around (⌒▽⌒)ノ☆

StefanixBubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
stickyskip

I agree with the Cabramatta suggestion, but whether you actually find anything there is all up to luck. The shops there have different stuff all the time.

Another idea might be to ring E.M Greenfield. They're a fabric wholesaler in Surry Hills, but will often sell you a couple of metres of something instead of a whole roll. Obviously you pay more if you only want a "retail" quantity and they charge you a cutting fee, but they will probably have what you're after.

http://www.emgreenfield.com/products...nd%2 0Plastic

Is there a specific colour you want? There are a bunch of places down in melbourne which might have what you're after as well (and will probably send you a swatch.)
stickyskip is offline   Reply With Quote