Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isikaru View Post
I know the feeling. After conventions I always have mixed feelings about wanting to find pictures of myself or not. If I find some, I feel like "cool, I was good enough to take a photo of and post online"! But then I also don't want to find them because I feel like in most of them I'm extraordinarily ugly. I'm trying to improve my appearance, but...it's really hard. And with some things I feel like it's impossible. =3= But then, when I really think about it, physical appearance is not what life is about and even at conventions a lot of people, and the only people really worth caring about, don't really care what you look like as long as you're having fun or trying your best.

Thank you for commenting on here. I know, I try to avoid taking pics no matter what it is for. I'm just not used to seeing myself in pics, it feels weird, but I should try to be in pics to make myself be in them and not feel weird about it. And to say I look good and not ew who is that.

Your right it's not about appearance and to not care what others think because it is all about having fun with what you love. And it's true, most people don't care and the ones who do, they are haters forget them, don't let them ruin your day. Just have fun with what you love is my motto!
Blackrose71398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
Ilafatyu
That guy

Photos are the worst. No matter what, they look bad. Whether it's the wrong angle, wrong lighting, they all tend to be unflattering. I mean, I look at myself in a mirror and think that all is well, but as soon as I look at a picture all I can think is 'my nose is huge', 'my hips are wide', 'those weird lines under my eyes won't go away'.

Like it's been said, it's nothing to worry about. Hating pictures is a pretty normal thing, like hating the sound of your voice in a recording.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ose_93 View Post
I also dislike how I look in pictures. I think I just suck at posing and lighting is also a problem for me.

Thanks for commenting. I like it Nay, you look cute with your kitty cat. I have to be in the dark when taking a pic because lighting on me shows a little too much of what I don't want to see, but I am trying to be more positive and trying to take pics of myself so I can get use to it. It is hard to make yourself be in pics, but in the end it helps to get use to it and being more confident in yourself.
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
Isikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose71398 View Post
Thank you for commenting on here. I know, I try to avoid taking pics no matter what it is for. I'm just not used to seeing myself in pics, it feels weird, but I should try to be in pics to make myself be in them and not feel weird about it. And to say I look good and not ew who is that.

Your right it's not about appearance and to not care what others think because it is all about having fun with what you love. And it's true, most people don't care and the ones who do, they are haters forget them, don't let them ruin your day. Just have fun with what you love is my motto!
That's a good idea. Getting used to it would surely help a little. =D

Yes!
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #20
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Photos are the worst. No matter what, they look bad. Whether it's the wrong angle, wrong lighting, they all tend to be unflattering. I mean, I look at myself in a mirror and think that all is well, but as soon as I look at a picture all I can think is 'my nose is huge', 'my hips are wide', 'those weird lines under my eyes won't go away'.

Like it's been said, it's nothing to worry about. Hating pictures is a pretty normal thing, like hating the sound of your voice in a recording.

Thank you very much for commenting, it is most appreciated I do the exact same thing. Sometimes from far away in the mirror, not to up close, but I am starting to say I look good. But in photos I am still a little iffy about it. In do time I will get used to it. Just think more positive things and in time things will get better.
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
Blackrose71398

Quote:
That's a good idea. Getting used to it would surely help a little. =D

Yes!

Oh my I am glad you like it. And I have to say I like you pic. The lighting is very nice and you have a lovely face
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
Isikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose71398 View Post
Oh my I am glad you like it. And I have to say I like you pic. The lighting is very nice and you have a lovely face
Oh thank you. =') Same for your picture. It may be dark, but your features still look very lovely. =D
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Oh thank you. =') Same for your picture. It may be dark, but your features still look very lovely. =D

Oh thank you very much I'll try to do it with the light next time
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I can't tell all that well from your profile picture since quality and lighting could definitely use improvement but you look perfectly photogenic from that image!

Practice what angles or different ways of smiling/expressions flatter you best in the mirror. It's hard when you get infront of the camera but it will help. Get a friend to photograph you, they should be able to help you find what's flattering.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I can't tell all that well from your profile picture since quality and lighting could definitely use improvement but you look perfectly photogenic from that image!

Practice what angles or different ways of smiling/expressions flatter you best in the mirror. It's hard when you get infront of the camera but it will help. Get a friend to photograph you, they should be able to help you find what's flattering.

Thank you for the advice! I know, I am still a little insecure to have too much lighting. I should practice more with taking pics of myself with the mirror, but I tend to get discourage when looking in the mirror. But I am going to try and be more secure with my looks.
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
Celiabeth

Its all about self image, not about weight. I used to be underweight and I still thought I was fat. Excercise and diet are the key to loosing weight but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder :V
Day 3- Princess Garnett
Day 4- Princess Nia
Celiabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #27
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiabeth View Post
Its all about self image, not about weight. I used to be underweight and I still thought I was fat. Excercise and diet are the key to loosing weight but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder :V

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. Your right, I could though lose some weight, but I shouldn't let get to me.
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
Blackrose71398

Ah man! i did it again. I was going to wear this Batman shirt, but it made me look fat... Soo I took it off and wore a different Batman shirt... I feel ashamed and sad... at the same time :'(
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
Saki_Watari

I know the feeling. I just got back from a convention a few hours ago. The second I saw that the con website had put up a pic of me it took every ounce of self control I had to not cry. I really thought that I looked okay. I'm at what my doctor calls the high end of healthy BMI, but it IS healthy. I look short and wide in my pics.

I just can't take this anymore. Weight loss and body issues are hard enough without trying to compare yourself to a fictional beauty. I think I'm just going to drop cosplay all together until I get my act together. Those of you who are still going strong and happy to go to cons anyway definitely have my respect!
Saki_Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #30
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_Watari View Post
I know the feeling. I just got back from a convention a few hours ago. The second I saw that the con website had put up a pic of me it took every ounce of self control I had to not cry. I really thought that I looked okay. I'm at what my doctor calls the high end of healthy BMI, but it IS healthy. I look short and wide in my pics.

I just can't take this anymore. Weight loss and body issues are hard enough without trying to compare yourself to a fictional beauty. I think I'm just going to drop cosplay all together until I get my act together. Those of you who are still going strong and happy to go to cons anyway definitely have my respect!

Thank you for commenting U know my pain I know it is hard to accept the person seen in the pics. I have bad issues with that, but I see cosplaying as a means of fun and not to be criticism on oneself. At least ur on the healthy side of ur BMI, I'm probable past it.

U should cosplay still, u shouldn't let it get to u. And I should also follow my own words myself as well.