Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 230 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #7921
ChevyM14

ya, I am really bummed. I am really hoping that they will have Solid Snake voiced by David at some point in the game. as far as the game it looks really cool. I must have watched the trailers 100 times by now.
ChevyM14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #7922
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

My EVA costume is 95% put together...! I might not have little details like her watch or gun holster, but I plan to debut it at Anime Expo next week in Los Angeles! Anyone else bringing Metal Gear cosplay there?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #7923
Petchymon

Hey guys, planning Punished Snake cosplay for Eurogamer Expo 2013 in September, (Konami UK begged me to get it done for then.)

Everything is 90% done, the only problem is hair. Can't find any great and clear hair references for him.

If anybody can find me some I'll be most grateful. :3
Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #7924
Gollum

Fan film MGRR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BPJ31EUsL8

Movie viewed by Mr Kojima at MGSR master class in PARIS ! Awesome !!! Mr KOJIMA was surprised...

And the making off : http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=QlY78k66cms

Enjoy !

Last edited by Gollum : 07-10-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #7925
Petchymon

Wooo! Found it! Basically Punished Snake's hair style is this with a added ponytail. Seems simply enough.

Leaving this for reference of hair (minus ponytail) and scars for people planning to cosplay him. Hope it helps you guys the same as it's helped me!

Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #7926
Oshio

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've been searching to see if anyone has done a cosplay of Snake in the Portable Ops suit, but nothing turned up until I found this thread. A few pages down I found a post that someone tried to attempt making a suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
Water or surf shoes.... sounds like it might work. Its hard to find something that looks similar enough, I mean, color can be changed, right? It's just difficult, what do you guys think, does that happen to be a giant zipper up the middle of the shoe?
But nothing much followed up after that. Going down the pages gave me more of an idea of how to approach of making the suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyM14 View Post
Hi every one, Just Joined the forum. I am working on a big boss sneaking suit from Peace Walker-Ground Zeroes. I got my first peace in the mail the other day. I scored a real SPI/E harness New in the box on ebay for $145. I am planing to use a black and gray wet suit as the bass for my Sneaking suit because it looks like something a real special forces soldier would where. I took some photos with a surf wet suit that I have. what do you think?

After seeing your wetsuit, I knew this fit in with the Portable Ops suit. Can I ask where you bought it and for how much? Would gladly appreciate it.
Oshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #7927
ChevyM14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshio View Post
After seeing your wetsuit, I knew this fit in with the Portable Ops suit. Can I ask where you bought it and for how much? Would gladly appreciate it.
That is a 3mm xcel surfing wetsuit. It is not the wet suit I plan on useing because it is a bit to hot. It is made for 65* water, not 75* air. It was about $250 or $300 (another reson I don't want to use that one) I got it at a surf shop. I plan on getting a 1mm diving wetsuit. They are not as hot and are much cheaper. I was looking on line at them from anywhere that sell dive stuff. You need to know what size you are because wetsuit have to fit just right.
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #7928
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Whoa, it's been a while since I've posted here...

I'm also a bit disappointed to hear David Hayter won't be voicing Snake. Seems like a strange decision on Kojima's part, since apparently he hasn't replaced Snake's Japanese voice actor.

On the topic of cosplay, does anyone happen to have any screenshots or info on Vamp's throwing knives from MGS2? Info on his main knife would be appreciated as well. (I have some screenshots, but I could always use more.)

Also, for you Big Boss cosplayers, do any of you reinforce/interface your pouches with anything to keep them square/boxy? I know they only look like that in the game because they're polygons, but does anyone try to recreate that look in real life, or should I just let them be?

And another thing... My pouches are kind of big for me, I think. Does anyone have any tips on how to make them smaller? I don't want to rip 'em apart only to find I can't put them back together properly.

One last thing... ^^; My boots turned out to be a size too big, an error on my part. I can't return them anymore. Is there any way to pad them to make them fit? Should I use layered insoles, heel inserts, extra socks, cut-up foam pieces...? I have no idea how to go about this.

Thanks for any help, guys. I really want to work on my costumes some more.
Umbra.Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #7929
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
Also, for you Big Boss cosplayers, do any of you reinforce/interface your pouches with anything to keep them square/boxy? I know they only look like that in the game because they're polygons, but does anyone try to recreate that look in real life, or should I just let them be?
I put small sections of bent cardboard in mine. Just tall enough to fill the pouch and make it boxy. The top still sticks out a bit at the sides, but I haven't figured out how to fix that.

Quote:
And another thing... My pouches are kind of big for me, I think. Does anyone have any tips on how to make them smaller? I don't want to rip 'em apart only to find I can't put them back together properly.
I wouldn't. They seem a bit big for me too, and I'm 6'2". I think that's just one of the annoying "creative liberties" the modelers took that we're going to have to live with.

Quote:
One last thing... ^^; My boots turned out to be a size too big, an error on my part. I can't return them anymore. Is there any way to pad them to make them fit? Should I use layered insoles, heel inserts, extra socks, cut-up foam pieces...? I have no idea how to go about this.
Get the thickest SPORT insoles you can find. You'll LOVE them. I always buy my boots a half size too big and put big insoles in them. I can walk concrete convention floors all day without my feet hurting. You'll probably have to go to an actual shoe store, as multi department stores don't usually have them.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #7930
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, I finished EVA back at Anime Expo...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647966541882582

I definitely need more photos though. I didn't do a shoot and finding photos post-con is such a chore!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #7931
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Wow, its been awhile since I posted here as well. A buddy and I are both going head on into Punished Snake cosplays.

If only SVA Tiger Stripe Advisor's Type dense (Punished Snake's camo) was cheap... I'm just going to stick with Six Color Desert for this though.

Also, for those who are wondering, the guns in the Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain trailers are all made up.

As far as my cosplay goes, I'm moving along with it. I'm in the process with the harness and I make the hand and the shrapnel.

http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.co...-WIP-387748126

Since then, I've made the brassards and figured out some things with the LBV. I do plan on doing another WIP shot soon. I think I've done enough with it.

Good luck to everyone else. If you guys have questions, feel free to ask me. I know way too much military and gun knowledge, along with prop making and such.

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes

Last edited by eBay Sniper : 09-06-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Just rewatched the Ground Zeroes and first Phantom Pain trailers, and realized the guns were made up as well.
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #7932
ChevyM14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay Sniper View Post

Also, for those who are wondering, the guns in the Phantom Pain trailers (sans the parts from Ground Zeroes) are all made up.
I think the gun is is using is a FN FNC

http://www.cosplay.com/attachment.ph...2&d=1378392117

http://www.cosplay.com/attachment.ph...3&d=1378392154
Attached Images
File Type: png 2013-09-04 20.01.12.png (133.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 2013-09-04 20.00.41.png (85.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ChevyM14 : 09-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #7933
ChevyM14

I need to buy a wig for Snake/Big Boss. I have never got a wig before, where and what should I get?
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #7934
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Actually, huge negative. It doesn't look anything like a FNC. It looks more closely to the Imdel MD series, but even then a lot of the characteristics don't match up.

I hope these links work, if not, I'll try a different method.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...19019273_n.jpg

Note the sort of M16 like stock and the full FAL hand grips

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...66854004_n.jpg

Note the M16 pistol grip and that generic ejection port

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...19547467_n.jpg

Note the M16A2's trigger gaurd, and the HK/AK style mag release lever.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...89291322_n.jpg

Note the M16A2 rear sight, sans the rest of the carrying handle, and the forward sight that is like the M16A2's. Except its just one post (sans the triangle design with the bayonet stub), and the "U" with the prong in the middle is more angled.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...91598263_n.jpg

The top left rifle is the same rifle Punished Snake uses in the trailer, just been fitted with a carry handle and a scope (possible customizable weapons in the game, like MGS4 and Crysis?)

Now, I bet people are wondering why this is and why they couldn't use real guns. My buddy and I have a few theories.

1. Since the game hasn't come out yet, they don't have the rights yet to use the weapons, so they created in game models to take their places.

2. Since the whole R&D thing from Peace Walker, its possible that Big Boss's forces just created these weapons (It would also mean Konami wouldn't have to pay royalties to the IRL gun manufacturers). Note that in Peace Walker that even some of the names of the guns were fiddled around with, like the Hungarian Kalashnikovs.

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes

Last edited by eBay Sniper : 09-06-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Links didn't work.
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #7935
ChevyM14

The links don't work, but I think you may be right. I was stopping the trailer on my big tv last night and I was pulling up every gun I could find and none of them where a 100% mach. the stock was right on one, the hand hand grads were right on another. I think it is a FAL stock, and a sig 550 hand grad and front sight.