Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Unread 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Dreamerwolf

11th Doctor jacket help

Hello community! I'm newly joined. After taking my son who is 8 to Wizard World comic con we had a great time and I know our family will be doing more dress up fun. For that, I'd made him a very DIY 10th Doctor, but this year for Halloween he wants to be 11 from The Big Bang. So this time I'm taking a little more care to get a costume he can wear for the next year of conventioning.

The main thing for The Doctor, to me, is the jacket. So I've been searching around for one I like. I don't care if it's 100% perfect, but pretty close. I found this one up online but before getting it, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on if you with more experience think this is a fitting jacket. I figure I can add elbow patches to it easy enough.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Gorgeous-CHAPS-BLAZER-SUIT-COAT-SIZE-12-BOYS-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjM=/z/iSUAAOxyqOxRuLvf/$(KGrHqR,!rIFG,Z7S6C-BRuLveyuvg~~60_12.JPG?rt=nc

What do you think, suitable for 11?
Dreamerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
jenksotaku

Absolutely! I think that is a great find.

If you are looking for a quick way to do elbow patches, pleather and Fabri-Tac would work well. I warn you, it is heavy duty stuff. It is like applying hot glue, however it is cold. It can get a little stringy. When drying the glue gets chilly. After it is dry, it is a permanent bond, but still has a little give unlike Aleene's.

Best in your endeavors!
jenksotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #3
Kelley
Devil of Details

If you don't want to sew it and just buy it, I think that's fine and probably as close as you're going to get in his size without spending a lot of money.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Dreamerwolf

Thanks for the tip jenksotaku! I will look into that.

Kelley, cool! I'm going to go ahead and buy it. When he wants the 11th's new outfit (And I know he will!) then I'll make that one.
Dreamerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote