Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1065 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #12661
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Amiee- Meg is already done lol! I just had to make alterations (well mom did), just got the darting to put into the front so it's fitted a bit more in the waist. XD! It's a rewear to the upcoming con. Also, thank you! I adore those contacts and can't wait to wear them with the entire outfit lol!

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #12662
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Vanellope skirt is 95% done! Woot!

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #12663
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

aimee- I LOVE your Ariel! It is so unique- I love all the little details in the fabric and embroidery! *_*

Rangiku12- Your Vanellope skirt is fabulous! The pleats are perfect!
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #12664
aimee
it's a sparkly!

Thanks Suzie!
aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #12665
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

Here is a pic of me as Athena on the beach in Scheveningen (The Netherlands). It was very windy so it was very difficult to take nice pics then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Athena 16b.JPG (160.2 KB, 0 views)
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #12666
LKD
Is a princess!!

Rangiku- that skirt is AMAZING! Love it!

Aimee- I love it! The black border on your corset is such a neat touch ^^

Question, how do you get your embroidery to match up so well? I've been having troubles doing so ><
Thank you! I got fancy fairies extra large glow in the dark Tink wings. I don't have them yet though :/ she said she would try to get them to me by next Wednesday :/

I've been so busy lately @-@ damn ax is killing me. Working on a Rapunzel commission and WHOO I forgot how detail crazy that costume is.

Anyone going to D23? I have a huge Madame Villian group I'm debuting there you've seen Gaston. I have a friend being Hook. Jafar and Ratcliffe are in the group as a well I was going to be Ratcliffe but Im still looking for another girl and most my friends are pale so I'm probably going to be Jafar haha I'm thinking of making it a mermaid style gown so I won't need a hoop..and I dislike hoops so I wouldn't mind giving up Ratcliffe xD
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #12667
TechnoxXxDeath

Well had to put my Evil Queen to the side for now until I can get more fabric for her, and do the jeweled belt.

So for now I'm thinking of working on Peter Pan instead (since I recently acquired a pair of pointy ears and green fabric) for the time being since I have the resources to do so. I hope he's not too simple to do since I find it rather hard to find a suiting Disney character that isn't a princess (not that I have any hate for them! I love seeing Disney Princesses running around, I just don't want to cosplay as one myself >.< )
TechnoxXxDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #12668
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Does anyone have any recommendations for contact lenses for Ariel? Also, do you think cotton will be okay for her pink ballgown?

Sakura (Card Captor Sakura)

timeisgalleons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #12669
aimee
it's a sparkly!

I can't decide whether to go to D23 or not... it's kinda expensive and i'm really busy....

LKD - I think it helps to have something to guide you. In this case, I drew the hemline in removable dressmakers marking pen and left extra past that so I could hoop it. I then used that hemline as the guideline of where to put the left side of my hoop if that makes sense. So I made sure that hemline was in the same place at the edge of the hoop each time I hooped it. I also figured out that my embroidered design would start about 3" down from the hoop and once I did one or two, I figured out where that 3" would line up in the previous embroidery line. There was one bubble that would help me line it up. so that's how I did it, but it's not perfect. Goodluck!
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #12670
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Wondering something you all might be able to help me decide on or help with input's/suggestions which I don't mind at all.

A few have figured out what my Surprise Cosplay is for a Convention on July.12th until July.14th here in my city where I live through either the reviews I put up on Cosplay.com about them or through watching what I liked or commented on to figure it out.

I will be doing Photo shoots next weekend with the Surprise Cosplay's which is 1 week before the convention that I would be debuting them at and I already asked the photographer when they would be posted he said probably within a few days afterwards but that he could hold onto them so the surprise doesn't get ruined for Ai-Kon

So this is my question: Should I let the Surprise go once the photo shoots are done even if it's 3 days to 8 days or more before the convention ?

Or should I ask him to hold onto the photo's until my debuting of the Surprise Cosplay's ?

I think a lot know cause they could see it on the person's page that made it for me.

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #12671
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Taffyta from Wreck-it-Ralph outfit almost done!
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps070b594e.jpg

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #12672
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Well, I've figured out that if I want to make a long skirt out of a sheet (for Mulan), it's best to use a fitted sheet - fitted ones already has the elastic sewn into it - good thing, too, my sewing machine doesn't work right..

And I've made a white, fairy-wing cloak for Tinker Bell - And for the hair, I'll be using her "new born" hair - placing my hair up in the default style (the bun style) hurts me way too much.. Sensitive scalp. >_<

Anyways, I'll post pics of those when I get them figured out and made.

July 3, 2013 update:
I also tried my luck at making an A-line skirt today for the first time. it turned out great! - that'll be the design for any future skirts of mine.

Last edited by alice4ck : 07-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #12673
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Finished my Vanellope tights! They look ok...wish I had the paint to paint them with though.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 07-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #12674
aimee
it's a sparkly!

Me and my twin babies in our Little Mermaid costumes at AX

Unread 07-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #12675
Callesto
C'MON SON

Aimee - loooove it!! You look amazing and your twins are so, so cute!! The colors look gorgeous together too! Have you decided if you're going to D23 or not? I'd love to see your Ariel in person! (:

D23 Expo 2013: Merida, Disneyland dress w/ cape (Brave); Merida, 2D Version (Brave); Tinkerbell

Last edited by Callesto : 07-04-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Callesto is offline   Reply With Quote