Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 06-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
amaim0n

Amaimon Cosplay Help ;A;

Alrighty well I'm planning on doing an Amaimon cosplay for an upcoming con.
The only problem is, I have no clue how to make his coat..
So if anyone could help me out or direct me towards a tutorial, that would be wonderful <3
thank you! c:
amaim0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
SafetyPinBandit

Are we talking about Amaimon from Ao no Exorcist? (Blue Exorcist) If so, this is how I made mine: I used Simplicity pattern 4083 with minor alterations. In the pattern, the coat is divided in "upper" and "lower" halves -- I just taped those pieces together since I didn't want that weird horizontal seam.I didn't line the coat. Instead of the long sleeves on the pattern, I made short sleeves. I made the lapels look normal sized, and made the collar jumbo sized. (Be sure to use interfacing for the collar. It'll need to stand up.) Since I didn't line the coat, I finished the seams and edges. Once I did all of that... I took a lighter to the jacket bottom. :> It was fun. If you use a lighter to distress the jacket, practice safety. The fabric I used wasn't synthetic, so I had to go over the spots with FrayCheck. If you use something like polyester (which I wouldn't suggest, but still), then there would be no need for the FrayCheck.

Hope that helps.
SafetyPinBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
amaim0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPinBandit View Post
Are we talking about Amaimon from Ao no Exorcist? (Blue Exorcist) If so, this is how I made mine: I used Simplicity pattern 4083 with minor alterations. In the pattern, the coat is divided in "upper" and "lower" halves -- I just taped those pieces together since I didn't want that weird horizontal seam.I didn't line the coat. Instead of the long sleeves on the pattern, I made short sleeves. I made the lapels look normal sized, and made the collar jumbo sized. (Be sure to use interfacing for the collar. It'll need to stand up.) Since I didn't line the coat, I finished the seams and edges. Once I did all of that... I took a lighter to the jacket bottom. :> It was fun. If you use a lighter to distress the jacket, practice safety. The fabric I used wasn't synthetic, so I had to go over the spots with FrayCheck. If you use something like polyester (which I wouldn't suggest, but still), then there would be no need for the FrayCheck.

Hope that helps.
Oh wow, that was way more that I expected to get back. *^* Thank you so much! This was a lot of help! Now to start working on my coat! Wooo!
amaim0n is offline   Reply With Quote