Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Hagane No
Don't call me "Robin"

bust help...

Hello, everyone! I am fairly new at cosplay. I have only made about 2 costumes so far, but I a looking for a bit of a challenge, and this costume, for me, is that challenge hah.

I want to cosplay Aisha Clanclan SO bad. It's been one of my dream cosplays since I was 10.

i am just having trouble figuring out how to set things up/how to start.

First of all, her bust piece (ignore the text on the image)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...pse5cd8719.jpg

I'm not sure how to go about starting that. I feel that I would have to use a different technique than most or something because I am pretty busty (38DD) and so, i would have to modify it in a way that it would LIFT me up (if you know what i mean) and won't look tacky. :/

And the rest of the costume as well.

Here are reference images
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...an/Aisha68.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs4/i/200..._by_Linake.jpg

I think the body suit itself might be the easiest part for me, but then I would like advice on what kind of fabric to use?

And last but not least, you see the brown armor stuff around her shoulders? I would like to get an idea of how to create those flaps and how i would go about making it stick on my shoulders?

Help. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

You could try to disguise a strapless bra for her chest piece. Also clear straps on the bra if you can't go strapless(I'm 46DD so I know your feels) craft form armor. These tutorials are helpful: http://onedelightfulday.wordpress.co...rmor-tutorial/
http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/cos...helmsdeep.html
The Bra would help you shape the foam as when you hear it up to shape it you can place it on the bra.

For her outfit maybe a lightweight cotton? Seems to look lightweight. The shoulder armor could be made from craft foam as well. I can't find much on how to make them but maybe a costume search on this site will give you some ideas. I hope this helps.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
Dictamnus Albus
visionary

to me the chest piece looks like a plate armor and the shoulders leather
im not sure of the time/era setting of this anime/manga, if its "fantasy/hi-tech past"
it might be ceramic armor

anyways, theres a few good video tutorials for making warbola(thermo-platic)
chest plates, which might work well,
i never used the stuff, but im sure it should be rigid enough to give you that lift,
i would make it wrap fully around, "armored bra" style, hinged on the sides,
rather than making it a whole "armored leotard/swimsuit"

i agree that the outfit looks lightweight so cotton with a wool shoulder-cape
and use a more rigid craft foam for the pauldrons/epaulettes(shoulders)

shoulder piece attachment wise, typically its a harness, unless the collar of the outfit is sturdy enough to handle it, if you make a harness or buy one,
it might help to think of it as a bra, where the cups come out of the neck of your shirt and sit on your shoulders,
(giving you an idea of how youd want it to fit, and what shape is more comfortable to you)

Last edited by Dictamnus Albus : 06-25-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Dictamnus Albus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
cosplay_luvur

I definitely agree with Dictamnus Albus, Worbla is probably the best method for making the chest piece, it is a sturdy material but not heavy. You would want to make the cups separate from the original torso piece.

I would make them out of the same material however for consistency. For example I listed a picture below that kind of shows what im saying. With Worbla you can mold it around your bra to create the right cup sizes and attach it to the torso piece.

Worbla is simple to use all you need is to create a pattern as usual cut it out of the worbla and mold it to your body shape. Same with the bra, you will mold it to your bra for the right size, all you need is heat. (Like a hair dryer)

If you look up Kamui cosplay she has an awesome video tutorial on how to make breast plates out of worbla and how she attaches her "armor" together.

Another upside of worbla is that it can be painted to look like the material of the character. Which is why i am going to suggest wonderflex for the flaps on the shoulders. You could always double layer the wonderflex and paint it go give it a more 3D look.

Hope this may help give some insight.
cosplay_luvur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

def agreeing about going w a bra as a base, since the jacket hides it, a clear strap will look perfectly. but really make sure u have support. im a 36DDD and ive had pieces that were made wo bras and i regretted it cause not only did it look odd in photos, but it hurt later on
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
cosplay_luvur

I was looking through some youtube videos, and this video made me think of your problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...JuLaeVC9U&NR=1

It explains in details how she makes a breast plate using craft foam, resin, paper clay, etc. She uses a strapless bra as a base and modifies it.
cosplay_luvur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
KittyLuck
Kitty~meow?

I have the big boob problem as well... recently i have gotten a bit obsessed with corsets, because they provide so much support without any extra help.

So, i got the idea to work corset boning into some future cosplays...

your costume looks like it has a shirt underneath the armor, i would suggest turning it into a corset of sorts, put ribbing at the top but not the bottom so it would not show up, and use a stiff material or coutil for the material.

http://corsetmaking.com/category/rigilene-boning.html

rigilene boning looks like the best idea, it is not too extreme but can easily be worked into your costume to provide extra support. Also, this looks the easiest to work with and can be cut into whatever size you need, and you can also order plastic tipping to go with it. I imagine there might even be a way to work it into the bottom half of the costume so that it is not so noticeable.

Its details say that it can be sewn into garments by hand or machine, so I imagine it would not be too noticeable like other boning would be.
I ordered it recently, so has not come in yet, if you think this might be a good idea I will make a note to report back to you how it works.

OH also that site sells underwire, i would suggest buying that as well, and turning that undershirt into a cage of support!

.... PS having a huge bust for this cosplay will work very very well, I hope to see pictures when you are done =3

Edit: forgot a few things.

the armor, if you are going to have it support your toy toys, needs to be supported so it can do so. so think about how you will get in it, how it will attach to your costume, and how you can give it more support.

Also, use double sided boob tape on the cups to keep the toys in the toy box.

Another tip, make a paper machet (sp) mold of your torso while wearing whatever support you are going to be using under the costume for a base or at least a model for your armor. =3

heeee

this costume is meant for big boobs, so it should look amazing when you are done, post pictures I want to see! .. in a totally none pervy way of course.
;>_>
<_<;

Last edited by KittyLuck : 06-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.
KittyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote