Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
luy22

Acne?

I hate the stuff, and I am sure that I'm not alone in this. I break out from literally nothing, and I always make sure I never eat anything that causes it, which has made me cut out junk foods, sodas, etc. But I sometimes do get it, and when I do, it's right there, it stares me in the eye with its little white heads, and it can take days to get rid of it with over-the-counter medicines.

What are some of your methods for getting rid of and controlling zits?

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
DivisibleByZero

My mom always tells my sister and I to put tea tree oil on it to dry it out.
DivisibleByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Necomata

I heard cod liver oil is good for acne and help even out skin tone just 2 tablespoons of it a day and it comes in favors as well so it won't taste gross.
Theif Rikku from Final Fanasty X-2 0%
Physic Rikku from Final Fanasty X-2 0%
Black Mage Rikku from Final Fanasty X-2 0%
Soraka from League of Legends 0%

Necomata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
L-nay
Kichigai NayNay

I can't say I'm the best person to give advice since I still struggle with acne on a daily basis, but honestly, everything depends on your own body.

I've learned that treatments with benzoyl peroxide have really helped my skin, but I have to be careful with it on because it can bleach fabrics.

You have to be careful, too, about using too many chemicals if you have sensitive skin. My sister has sensitive skin and has to be careful about not drying out her skin. She learned that washing her face and putting on too many other treatments with salicylic acid made her acne worse than if she sticks to a normal face wash morning and night.

I have yet to actually try this method, but I have heard green tea is supposed to be really good at reducing acne. Just apply a green tea bag, after brewing, to the areas needed.
L-nay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
luy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-nay View Post
I can't say I'm the best person to give advice since I still struggle with acne on a daily basis, but honestly, everything depends on your own body.

I've learned that treatments with benzoyl peroxide have really helped my skin, but I have to be careful with it on because it can bleach fabrics.

You have to be careful, too, about using too many chemicals if you have sensitive skin. My sister has sensitive skin and has to be careful about not drying out her skin. She learned that washing her face and putting on too many other treatments with salicylic acid made her acne worse than if she sticks to a normal face wash morning and night.

I have yet to actually try this method, but I have heard green tea is supposed to be really good at reducing acne. Just apply a green tea bag, after brewing, to the areas needed.
Yeah I've learned that about benzoyl peroxide lol, and I'm going to try a face wash. Just wash with soap and water every morning and night? And I did try the green tea trick this early morning actually for the first time and it does look a tiny bit better.
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
zero-125
the undead champion

I used to get acne all the time but I've found that I barely get it at all when I use axe body wash above everything else
zero-125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
beachbunny

Wash your face everyday! Mainly before going to bed
I wouldn't suggest washing it in the morning, because when you sleep the skin cells on your face are regenerating and making new ones, so you don't want to wash them all off!
Also, plenty of sleep is good. Like I said, while your sleeping your body regenerates new skin cells.
Try face washes, like a cleanser, and a scrub (but only use the scrub like twice a week)

If nothing works then try seeing a dermatologist
beachbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Recommend tea tree oil and toner
also never touch your face with your hands
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
dooork

I'm one of the "lucky people" who never grow zits (only seldom). Not sure how scientifically accurate this is, but I also sweat a lot, and this probably contributes to the amount of waste my body expels through sweat rather than leaving it on the skin (well it is gross but I'd rather sweat a lot than not at all)

The only thing I'd suggest is try exercising, because exercise is a great way of getting rid of waste products in your body, whether it's through sweating or breathing, etc. Good luck! ^q^
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
kimchea

I believe one of the main causes for pimples is hormones. Diet, exercise and good hygiene can help prevent uncontrollable zits from appealing. Especially changing your diet, It's not just junk food, greasy food, and sodas that you have to stay away from. What you need to do is cut off any food that increases your hormonal level, causing you to have a hormonal imbalance (teens are prone to that because of puberty). this includes all dairy product, tofu, etc. So say away from milk, cheese, and other dairy products and stick to eating organic meat (fish preferred). This should help clear those acne up or at least diminish the harsh ones. It's always good idea to check up on your dermatologist to see how your skin works. They can provide a medicine that's right for your skin.

I hope I helped in anyway. and good luck!
kimchea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
luy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandagilbirds View Post
Recommend tea tree oil and toner
also never touch your face with your hands
But what if I get itchy? :O

And Kimchea, I eat mostly fish with some chicken alongside plenty of fruits and vegetables, I've cut most dairy from my diet (mom thinks I've gone crazy). And I can't really have tofu or any sort of soy because it's bad for hypothyroidism I guess haha.
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luy22 View Post
But what if I get itchy? :O
The more you think about it, the more itchier you would feel psychologically.
The main point is to keep your face free of bacteria. Many bacteria are in your hands.
If you do get itchy, wash hands first or (if in a hurry) wash face.

Another thing I recommend since it is hard to not touch your face is a cleansing face wipes from beauty stores.

Example of a wipe that I use
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
luy22

I need some of those hahaha.

A lil update, most of it's gone away, but one or two has popped up since I started uptaking the habbit of washing my face twice a day
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
schmemy
Emily

Definitely stay away from milk, which has a number of hormones your body doesn't need, and if you have sensitive skin like me, face wash for acne treatment can be too harsh and actually cause you to break out more.

I wash my face once a day (at night) with cetaphil cleanser (a gentle cleanser used primarily for washing babies' skin), and then I remove my makeup with a cotton ball covered with extra virgin olive oil (seriously), and then moisturize my skin with a teaspoon or so of organic virgin coconut oil. Both of these oils are natural enough to eat, so of course they'll be good for your skin. They're noncomedogenic (meaning they don't clog pores) and while olive oil doesn't fight acne, coconut oil's infection-fighting properties does. Moisturizer is extremely important, even if your skin is already oily. If you just wash your face and leave it, your skin dries out, and then produces more oil that gives you more zits. Trust me on this, do NOT skip the moisturizer!!

Another tip is to put a dab of raw honey/cinnamon mixture on your zits before going to sleep. Make sure it's raw honey and not that fake honey crap in a bottle shaped like a bear.

After about 10 years now with acne, I've found the more natural treatments are the way to go for me personally. However, if you have one particular monster zit that you need to have GONE in a couple days, I recommend a small dab of Neutrogena's rapid clear gel. It's small and orange and comes in a tube.

Makeup wise, if you wear makeup, get rid of any liquid foundation and stick to a mineral powder. L'Oreal makes one that I like (called True Match) because it provides good coverage, soaks up oil, covers shine and doesn't make me break out.

In Progress Cosplays
Two-star Mako (Kill la Kill)
Nudist Beach Mako (Kill la Kill)
Nightgown Mako (Kill la Kill)
Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill)

Next con: MTAC
Bringing: Souda, Sonia, Hinata (SDR2)

Next next con: Metrocon
Bringing: Two-star Mako (Kill la Kill), Nudist Beach Mako (Kill la Kill), Wyldstyle (The Lego Movie)
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
luy22

I'm now trying to see how long I can go without touching my face xD

As for that, I'll go wash and toss on some moisturizer. I've got some facial scrub too. I absolutely have come to detest milk, it ravaged my skin.