Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 224 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #1306
Aleera
Master Thief

Thanks; well default tutu is very recognizable and the design is still elegant, all though it could be plain compared to the other artworks. PT has amazing source material.

Just finished tacking the lemon yellow tutu base for the Ahiru Act 3 Aurora tutu (episode 6); mine is 21 inches currently and 12 layers long. I modified the existing pattern for a more flattering tutu fit. Drafting plate pattern; lots of decorating to do later. Still need to do bodice and basque. All purpose thread or cotton twine (wide-eyed needle) work well for tacking.

Next tutu is probably Ahiru's Rose Adagio. I just have a few more rows left of rosette pink to get through pleating and sewing.

I imagine the lighter colors are easier to work with. I have both light and dark colors in stock, just trying really hard to limit myself with as few projects as possible, at least until the Aurora PT cosplays are finished. I also have some organza bolts (pink & red) coming also because I am preparing for 2013 PT tutus. Not sure if I will write a tutu business plan over break yet since my plate is going to take forever to decorate.

Last edited by Aleera : 12-22-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Tutu tacked
Aleera is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #1307
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Wow...21 inches is HUGE for a tutu, I don't think they ever actually run that big! Going with 12 layers was probably a good idea (the wider you go, the more rows you'll probably want to add on).

I've made two tutus in a year, and I really am itching to make Kreahe's anime tutu and finally have an idea of how I want to tackle it, so I may begin working on it and finish it whenever. I have a few other things I want to take priority for 2013 though so we'll see how it goes.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #1308
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Live thread, live!

So yeah...seven months after my last post, I am starting to work on Kraehe's anime tutu. I wasn't really planning to, but a friend of mine agreed to be my Tutu, so of course I had to start on it. We're hoping to debut these later this year, but definitely have them ready for Katsucon. I try to make each tutu better than the one before, maybe the third time will be the charm. Not to bash my previous two, but there are kinks with both of them and I constantly push myself to do better. It will be fun, to say the least, since I'll be helping my Tutu out with hers. One tutu is usually more than enough work on its own haha.

Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #1309
Ranma 1-2

Good luck, Hime.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1310
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Thanks! I'm also working on my Tutu Tutorial with these two, which will hopefully help those wishing to make classical tutus for cosplay or what have you. I'll post it once it's done.

Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Unread 07-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #1311
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So I'm not doing another Tutu cosplay till Katsucon (hopefully) but I just wanted to say that I didn't think I'd drown in ruffles again until then. I was wrong.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #1312
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
Thanks! I'm also working on my Tutu Tutorial with these two, which will hopefully help those wishing to make classical tutus for cosplay or what have you. I'll post it once it's done.
Really looking forward to reading that.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #1313
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Swan Lake variation Kraehe cosplayer here, check out my profile for pictures.

I love it! The anime is incredible and I've seen some incredible (along with an equal or greater quantity of not-so-great) cosplays from it. The one on my profile is a remake of my original IMMENSELY shitty original first-cosplay-ever Kraehe.

My PiC and I are planning on re-making them once again even better with upgraded bodices. I'm super stoked.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #1314
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

SakuraxTsubasa - hopefully we can get together this time! I'll have my Tutu with me at Katsucon, and we're doing the anime versions that I mentioned before, in real life classical ballet format of course. And honestly I love to drown in the ruffles! Pleating is so theuropeutic.

Clementine - Odile Kraehe was my first tutu I ever made and it was a learning curve for sure. I'd love to go back and re-do it, as there are things that I really don't like, mostly regarding the tutu itself. Good luck with your upgraded version!

Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Unread 07-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #1315
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Quote:
Clementine - Odile Kraehe was my first tutu I ever made and it was a learning curve for sure. I'd love to go back and re-do it, as there are things that I really don't like, mostly regarding the tutu itself. Good luck with your upgraded version!
We're dancers as it is so we bought the professional ABT tutus and the PiC made overlays for them and hand beaded them. And thanks, we'll certainly need that luck!
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #1316
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
SakuraxTsubasa - hopefully we can get together this time! I'll have my Tutu with me at Katsucon, and we're doing the anime versions that I mentioned before, in real life classical ballet format of course. And honestly I love to drown in the ruffles! Pleating is so theuropeutic.
Totally did NOT see this! Are you bringing your Odile tutu, too? (Pleaaaaaaase?)
I like drowning in ruffles when........well, when they're not so itchy. XDDD

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #1317
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

As it stands I'll have my new Kraehe, and my new Tutu. I'm making Tutu to fit me and was originally going to have a friend of mine wear it but she won't be going any longer, so I'm still in the planning stages of getting someone else to wear it. These are by far the best tutus I've made, and I really want to get photos of them together. I would bring Odile, but it's not up to my standards anymore...I'll probably still wear it from time to time though.

Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Unread 08-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #1318
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Oh my god, I want to make Tutu's white and blue Odette tutu so bad it hurts. Oh my god.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #1319
kballetbeauty
Kat

Oooo I might be going to Katsucon... if so I can't wait to see all of your costumes. I'll be cosplaying from Princess Tutu in the distant future ^_^
Katsucon '14 ??
Zenkaikon '14 ??

.:Costumes:.
Ariel - Blue Dress (??)
Zelda - Skyword Sword (??)
Yuuki Asuna - Cooking Outfit (??)
See-U - Main (??)
kballetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1320
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Katsu is amazing for Princess Tutu cosplay, the location just works for it so well. I also have a Mytho joining us now, so I'm super amped. Everyone make tutus!

Holiday Matsuri (FL)