Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
katemonster91

Thumbs down Cosplay.com Wig Store Review

So I ordered a wig from the store here, still haven't received it but when I do, I'll let you know if it's any good. I have had a very unsatisfactory experience with this website so far, though. I placed my order on June 2nd to have in time for a convention this weekend (June 28th-30th). Normally that's more than enough time to order something that comes from Chicago, IL (US) to be delivered to Vancouver, BC (CA). That was not the case this time as they decided to send my wig off on the 19th. THE FREAKING NINETEENTH.

My question is: does this commonly occur with the cosplay.com wig store? If I were to order another wig from here TODAY to wear by August 16, would I end up receiving my wig on August 20th or some BS like that?
katemonster91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
katemonster91

Oh yeah, my estimated arrival date is July 4th. I am very unhappy. That is 32 days. I placed the order on June 2nd and I'm getting it on July 4th. I don't even get to wear the cosplay that I've been working to finish these passed two and a half months.
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Lots of ppl are having problems with them and its not just cause your in Canada. I've heard someone in Chicago bought a wig and it took 2 weeks and a few emails. @_@ I suggest you try another store next time or buy your wig from here way before time.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
katemonster91

Euuuugh really? Man that's a bummer lol I worked so hard to complete my cosplay ;__; I guess that probably means they don't preorder their wigs. Grr.. If I need a wig in just short of a month, not ordering here.
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
katemonster91

And it's just.. My city isn't THAT far from Chicago, I live pretty close to the Seattle border. I wouldn't have thought it'd take more than 3-4 weeks.
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

They have a been selling stock they don't have either or just running out. They use to have excellent customer service for years but the last order I placed two years ago took 6 months to finally shipped to me from a November purchase till late April when I got them.

I can't recommend them still until some of these dropped orders and the CS improves.

I order from Arda wigs and Epic Cosplay wigs. The Five Wits I recommend as well just t have a bid head so the wigs don't fit me as well.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Kate -

I just looked up your order going by the date that you gave in your post, and tracking says it cleared customs in Canada last weekend. Did your local post office say it was expected on July 4th? I ask because it usually just takes a couple of days after customs. Either way go ahead and send us an email if there are further issues with it, or you can PM me directly.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
TheCosplayFox

coscom wigs seems to be good quality but their shipping honestly sucks I never order from them unless they are having one of those big blowout sales and I'm ordering way ahead of time. I once ordered a wig for homura and it took them 2 months to get it to me then another time they had a blowout sale and it took them a week to get everything to me. There just iffy that's why I always order from arda
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Their last sale has had decent processing and shipping time, FYI- It's been two and a half weeks since I placed my order, and my wig is about two thirds of the way to me- I live in Canada, so standard shipping from the US takes two to three weeks on average due to customs, longer distance and Canada Post just being dingbats. Last times, I got it from anywhere around two weeks after ordering to a little over a month. I love my cosplay.com wigs (I only one one wig from any other source) and have never had any issues with my orders (I also do the sensible thing and order really early so I'm not panicking over something not arriving in time or messing up and having to rush to find a replacement), but yeah, don't use them if you need fast or a guaranteed here-by-x-day-that's-not-far-off shipping, since they don't have that option. The wig I ordered, I just bought for fun/to replace an aging one I wear mostly for fun.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-21-2013 at 10:50 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #10
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

honestly the best place is Arda-Wigs.com
I 200% garuntee there work and the wigs last!
the quality is amazing and cant be beat, i buy all of mine from them and currently am working on 7 of them now for commissions!
I ordered 3 of them on wed this week and got them all yesterday!

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

I sadly have to say that I agree with the OP on this one. Ordered a wig in mid September. They say they ship within 5-10 business days. Middle of October, it's still not here. Sent at least 3-4 emails, no response. Called and left messages 3 times, no dice. Finally contacted the forum admin and was able to get help that way -- they told me that the items would be shipped over the weekend. They weren't. One was shipped later that Thursday and arrived thankfully... the other one, I still don't know where the item is... we ended up getting a wig overnighted from Arda. Ordered at 1pm PST, shipped 2pm PST, arrived by 3pm PST the next day.

Then there was the issue of the wig I wanted exchanged because the color was frankly... more similar to another color on the color chart to the point where I was almost certain I had gotten the wrong color shipped to me. It wasn't anything like "oh, different monitors display differently." Again, sent emails, no response. Called, no response. Finally got in contact with the forum admin and was able to get help that way... but at the end of the day, nothing ever happened with that. I still have the completely unused wig... somewhere...

I can't say that I'm anything but extremely unhappy and disappointed with the customer service. We all support this forum don't we? It's hard to imagine that a reputable forum could be associated with such a... not reputable wig store. I have to say though, every single time I've actually MANAGED to get a hold of the forum admin, they've been very nice. That is the one good thing I have to say about their customer service. As others have said, if you don't care when it shows up, order from them when they have like 50% off wig deals. Otherwise, go to Arda.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
JustnsLostAngel
Aperture Employee

I would have to agree with the fact that the shipping sucks. But to be fair, the one time I did order from coscom, they gave me a refund the next day after I asked for it. I order a month ahead of the date of my con and quickly cancelled my order after it had been processing for 2 weeks.

As for the quality, they are really thick, but are a little on the shinny side and tangle easily. But they are easy to untangle.

So in short. Shipping takes forever, but if you get a wig on one of the sales days, the quality of the wig is well worth the cheap price even if it takes forever to get.

2014 Cosplay List
Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2) 70%
Blue Fem!Scout (TF2) 100%
Nonon (Kill la kill) 20%
JustnsLostAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
katemonster91

@Prissi - Yeah the wig I got was not the color I wanted either... I wanted Moss Green but what I got looked more like a greenish teal. The wig I received was MUCH darker than I wanted. I want to get a refund but I'm afraid the process will take even longer than the time it took to ship to me. I don't want to go through the grief, so I'm deciding to try to work with the wig I got from here. In the future I'm going to order somewhere else, though... Even if I didn't care about when I got it, the color's not right. I wouldn't mind if it was a LITTLE off, but this was a completely different color entirely from the one I thought I was ordering, even after seeing their wig pic forum and searching online for customer pictures, etc.

The wig I thought I ordered was this:
http://static.cosplay.com/newwigs/c70w-ge01-2.jpg

But the wig I got looked like this:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/458384/
Much darker than I wanted. And no matter what lighting I'm in the color doesn't ever come close to what picture one looks like.
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #14
tiffanydawn

I know this is old- but I'm placing the icing on this cake.

I ordered ONE WIG on March 7th and I still have not received a tracking code. I repeat- I ordered a wig MARCH 7TH and it HAS NOT SHIPPED YET.

The only reason I ordered from the cosplay.com wig store is because the color that I needed was only available in ridiculously long lengths from Arda and Epic. Next time I'm just going to spend the extra $20 and time cutting it because I am in such disbelief that it has taken A MONTH TO SHIP MY WIG.
tiffanydawn is offline   Reply With Quote