Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Closed Thread
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #31
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

How's the beta coming along? About two months in now. An update or ETA on repairing important features would be great.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Unread 06-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
How's the beta coming along? About two months in now. An update or ETA on repairing important features would be great.
I second this request.
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #33
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Did they ever even do the beta testing? Cuz when Admin made a post about getting people to PM him to be in it, I PMed him within 2 minutes of him making that post and never heard anything back, plus I never saw the thread he said he was going to make about it.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Jesus dick, not this again. I wasn't going to assume it was that same old promise-and-forget crap, but.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #35
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

I'll wait patiently before passing judgement, but from past experiences, my assumption is this site still has no traction and is just spinning its tires. I welcome the chance to be proven wrong though.
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #36
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Hi guys, we're still working hard on everything. I'm very sorry for the lack of updates, I had a death in the family and was pretty much MIA for a couple of weeks on account of it.

One of the problems with showing new features is that we're using a very barebones design for it so that we can concentrate on the functionality before adding all of the design onto it. So, features work but are difficult to express in screenshots, as the discussion would likely turn into how simple it looks. (Though simple is a good thing as it's much easier to use) But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.

Just a few things that are finished or almost finished since I posted last: New photo uploader, expanded costumes section, series tagging for costumes and photos, front-end news section with sub-sections for each country, a more streamlined forum system, better private messaging, and journals. Once a couple of other things are done we're tying it all into a kick-ass profile system and beta testing the progress so far.
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #37
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Did they ever even do the beta testing?
So who's actually in the beta testing?
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #38
Anaelle-chan

Will we be able to change our username in the next version of the site?
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaelle-chan View Post
Will we be able to change our username in the next version of the site?
Yes. We are changing it so that your login is your email address, and your username can be changed if the new name is available. We are also eventually switching profiles to /user/##name##/ or ##username##.cosplay.com instead of the number.

Old usernames will appear in a link from your profile, due to the popularity of the marketplace section.
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #40
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
...But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.
Sooooo....

......*sigh*
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #41
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Hi guys, we're still working hard on everything. I'm very sorry for the lack of updates, I had a death in the family and was pretty much MIA for a couple of weeks on account of it.

One of the problems with showing new features is that we're using a very barebones design for it so that we can concentrate on the functionality before adding all of the design onto it. So, features work but are difficult to express in screenshots, as the discussion would likely turn into how simple it looks. (Though simple is a good thing as it's much easier to use) But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.

Just a few things that are finished or almost finished since I posted last: New photo uploader, expanded costumes section, series tagging for costumes and photos, front-end news section with sub-sections for each country, a more streamlined forum system, better private messaging, and journals. Once a couple of other things are done we're tying it all into a kick-ass profile system and beta testing the progress so far.
When will you be changing the Canadian convention forums? A long time ago we were told we would get Con Bravo!(located in Hamilton, Ontario) a sub forum, and have some of the more 'dead' sub forums for conventions removed (AC-Cubed doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a few years now, Ai-Kon, Anime Evolution and Northern Anime Festival get less posts then some cosplay picnics and would likely get more traffic if they just made a thread in the Canadian convention subforum).

Anime North Reddit Community
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
When will you be changing the Canadian convention forums? A long time ago we were told we would get Con Bravo!(located in Hamilton, Ontario) a sub forum, and have some of the more 'dead' sub forums for conventions removed (AC-Cubed doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a few years now, Ai-Kon, Anime Evolution and Northern Anime Festival get less posts then some cosplay picnics and would likely get more traffic if they just made a thread in the Canadian convention subforum).
I've gotten a couple of messages about that in the past few days. We're moving event forums directly into the event calendar with the update, so that every event automatically has its own sub-forum and you can view all aggregated event threads by country that way as well. This is probably the first thing I'm going to show here, since it's opening up a ton of new features and it's the farthest along.

On Monday when we have full staff here we're going to seed the test calendar with some data so that it's presentable. (I say seed it with data because the development site is just an empty site that we will be porting all of the old data into once we've fully tested it and then move over to it).

Events are getting an absolutely massive update and overhaul and are around 80% complete. Events will include their own forum, info page, news section, gatherings section, photoshoot scheduling as well as gallery and expanded planning functionality.

As for the current Canada forums status, we can move the current forums around a bit on Monday as well since it won't affect anything on the development side, that's not a problem.
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #43
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
I've gotten a couple of messages about that in the past few days. We're moving event forums directly into the event calendar with the update, so that every event automatically has its own sub-forum and you can view all aggregated event threads by country that way as well. This is probably the first thing I'm going to show here, since it's opening up a ton of new features and it's the farthest along.

On Monday when we have full staff here we're going to seed the test calendar with some data so that it's presentable. (I say seed it with data because the development site is just an empty site that we will be porting all of the old data into once we've fully tested it and then move over to it).

Events are getting an absolutely massive update and overhaul and are around 80% complete. Events will include their own forum, info page, news section, gatherings section, photoshoot scheduling as well as gallery and expanded planning functionality.

As for the current Canada forums status, we can move the current forums around a bit on Monday as well since it won't affect anything on the development side, that's not a problem.
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the fast reply!

Anime North Reddit Community
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #44
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.
You really should have just said:

Quote:
But what I'll do...is nothing.
Because that statement is nearing a month old already...

Look, all ball busting aside, I get that there's a death in the family. That's sad. Nobody wants to deal with it, but this is just another statement that you said that you didn't back up. I'm not even sure why I'm shocked, or even pestering for progress at this point.

I can understand delays. I can understand a few days behind, a week, maybe even a month if things go sideways, but we're talking about years. I've seen movies and video games developed quicker than this place. This site has been broken for god knows how long and all we get are hollow promises with zero results. So far we have some screen shots. That's it.

So what gives? If you're not going to do anything, just say so. At least be honest about it. Instead, people ask questions and may or may not get an answer from anyone. Hell, some just go unanswered all together, even when we give detailed lists of everything wrong with this site...

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314476

So, what's going on with this site, Admin? Anything? Something? Nothing?

Last edited by Eau de Decus : 07-07-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #45
Kaniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
You really should have just said:

Because that statement is nearing a month old already...

Look, all ball busting aside, I get that there's a death in the family. That's sad. Nobody wants to deal with it, but this is just another statement that you said that you didn't back up. I'm not even sure why I'm shocked, or even pestering for progress at this point.

I can understand delays. I can understand a few days behind, a week, maybe even a month if things go sideways, but we're talking about years. I've seen movies and video games developed quicker than this place. This site has been broken for god knows how long and all we get are hollow promises with zero results. So far we have some screen shots. That's it.

So what gives? If you're not going to do anything, just say so. At least be honest about it. Instead, people ask questions and may or may not get an answer from anyone. Hell, some just go unanswered all together, even when we give detailed lists of everything wrong with this site...

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314476

So, what's going on with this site, Admin? Anything? Something? Nothing?

This.

As soon as something 'goes down to be made better' I sorta just accept the fact that it's never coming back. We get promise after promise and nothing ever happens. I'd rather be told flat out that it's not coming back instead of having my hopes crushed.

Closed Thread