Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
KittyCourtz
Prissy Princess

How to firm your butt and thighs?

I've been having trouble with how my butt and thighs look (LOTS of self-consciousness).

GIRLS: What sort of a routine should I do every day to firm these areas (and for how long)? It's mainly the lower part of my butt and my inner thighs. I know most people don't get to see those areas every day, but when I wear a bikini when I go swimming it becomes blatantly obvious to me that my lower half is kinda chunky.
KittyCourtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Reionyx
It's Showtime!

I am also working on these areas, as I am an extremely self-conscious person.
Squats (particularly with weights) are one of the best exercises for those areas.
Reionyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
nikkiolie

Yes I have been doing squats since Jan and my legs look great and my butt has gotten a lot more tone and bigger. I high recommend them. If you have access to a gym I would suggest doing them with weights. The more weights you do the better they will look. You will never reach body builder status unless you take testosterone or steroids.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Bovice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqd-2FgiC3g
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
Spaztastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcLB9ObdOM

This whole series. I never finished, but I noticed results within the first five workouts.
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
nfm124

squats indeed
nfm124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
frostmage

my recommendation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDpB8pWEjhk
frostmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
xcvi
xcvi

Ah I hope I'm not too late on this thread!

Like everyone said, squats are fantastic. Lunges are great too.. both preferably weighted if possible. You can also try plie squats.. and even plie squat jumps. Squat jumps are killer! Something else I was doing for my back was "supermans".. or "supergirls".. here's the form:
http://www.realbeauty.com/cm/realbea...uperman-de.jpg
It's supposed to help strengthen your back but I was seriously noticing some burning in my glutes as well! What you're supposed to do is lay on the floor, bring yourself up into that position, pull in your belly button, and squeeze your glutes really hard to hold yourself up. Hold the position for 5 seconds and then come down again. That's 1 rep. Do 3 sets of 12 reps. I think this could be used in either a back routine OR a butt routine because it really works both.

This is another workout that I add into my "leg day".. I LOVE it and HATE it at the same time. She calls it a "thigh gapping" workout but.. eh.. I wouldn't really say that it is exactly. If you're building muscle on your inner thighs, it's not going to really give you a gap??? I don't know.. but it's a really really good workout! Half way through the part where you lie on your side I'm yelling lol. It hurts SO good lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY
She actually has a lot of other great videos too! I also really like her attitude.. she's just really nice and peppy and just seems to really enjoy what she's doing.. even though it's not always enjoyable lol.

Finally.. something that you really have to do is cardio! I run every single day and I've noticed a huge difference in my legs and butt. The "chunk" is fat. You can't get rid of that with strength exercises because that's just building the muscle under it. The fat lays on top. To be able to see the muscle you must minimize the fat! This means, cardio and a proper diet! It will make a huge difference!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Lots of stairs worked out those areas on me. Going up and down 3 flights of stairs to get to my dorm room, at least 2 times a day, for a total of 5 months really worked out those areas.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
KoalaKidd

Agree with everything that's been said! Especially stairs, and you can incorporate some cardio that way. Also, butt bridges! Basically you lie on your back with your knees bent, and then squeeze your glutes to lift your hips toward the ceiling. For more oomph you can do it with a weight resting on your hips. I do it with 20 pounds, but some people do it with a lot more. I do 2 sets of 30 reps each, and then a last rep until PAIN. It definitely has made a different in my rear area!

I'd recommend a google search 'cause I'm not sure how well I explained that. -.-

Cosplay planned/in progress:
~ Woodland Queen (original design)
~ Monk -- FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

my cosplay facebook page -- come say hi!
my tumblr -- pretty things, nerdery, and occasional opinions

KoalaKidd is offline   Reply With Quote