Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #1591
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

Dante (DMC3 crossplayer) here! I was one of the Dante's at Youmacon 2012. Don't have much time to chat, but it's sweet to see DMC still has a fan group! Rock on!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects:
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-It's a Mystery!!! Sorta...

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #1592
sazumebachi

Here's some photos of my trish (the 1st game)
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445802/
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #1593
Hallowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazumebachi View Post
Here's some photos of my trish (the 1st game)
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445802/
Sexy Trish, great <3
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #1594
Pink_Panda

This is my Trish Cosplay. My boyfriend cosplayed Dante the same year.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/383747/

This year we are doing a group cosplay of DMC4. I will be doing Trish, my boyfriend will be doing Dante, and two of my friends will be doing Lady and Gloria!
Pink_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1595
Persiflage88

I'm putting together DMC: Devil May Cry Dante. Trying a bit of a different spin on it though: gonna go with a dichotomy "two-face" type thing. Want to have half regular-looking Dante, half Devil Trigger style, with the white hair, pale face and glowing veins.

Anyone good with makeup? How to make the veins stand out is what im concerned about.
Persiflage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #1596
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persiflage88 View Post
Anyone good with makeup? How to make the veins stand out is what im concerned about.
There are several ways to do this. If you're planning on doing the costume frequently, I'd suggest making reusable prostheses. An easy way to make veins is to use some smooth, narrow cord (such as embroidery floss) to lay out the vein pattern, then paint the cord with layers of flesh latex. Feather the edges out so they're very thin. Once this piece is dry, you can then apply it with prosthetics adhesive and blend the edges to your skin with latex so it's all seamless.

If you don't want to go the cord route, you can also make raised textures using dimensional fabric paint. Trace the design out on waxed paper and let it dry overnight, then peel it off the paper and glue it to your face with prosthetics adhesive. The edges won't blend into your skin as smoothly (unless you apply latex over the piece), but this method is super cheap and results in reusable appliances. Plus, you can make them in any color for bolder effects.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #1597
jantsu2307
Cidi

Here's my Vergil-cosplay from Devil May Cry 3.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/458054/

There are some things what I need to fix for the jacket and the Yamato-katana + hair needs to grow more but these first photos are pretty good I think. Hope you like it.^^
jantsu2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #1598
Deeper Vileness
Deviant

I'm wondering how I can create DmC Dante's hair since its shaved on both sides and the back. He has hair on top and it leads down the back of his head.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps59c5fe29.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps5322df8f.png
Deeper Vileness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #1599
SamuraiSnake
へへ、&

I'm wanting to cosplay as Dante from DMC4 in the future. What pattern should I used as a base for the coat, and how do I make all the small details like the folds in his coat?
SamuraiSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #1600
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Vileness, the haircut is one reason why I don't see my self making a DmC Dante costume anytime soon. I assume you'd need a very elaborate wig with a built in bald cap since the hair is so short. The simplest alternative however would be to use your own hair. I don't like my hair that short, so that's not an option for me.

Samuraisnake, look for western style trench coat patterns. You'll need to do some alterations no matter what you get. My girlfriend is the seamstress of our little team, I can barely sew a straight line, but I'd assume the process for making the folds would be similar to making pleats.

So, Yamato is basically done. I'll probably have finished photos by Monday. Now I'm working on Coyote-A, Dante's shotgun. I think it's coming along fairly well, there's some more shaping to be done on the hilt, after that its pretty much detail and painting.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I'm also working on a kit of Ebony and Ivory from one of my favorite prop makers, Mike Iverson, of Blind Squirrel Props and am in the process of remaking my Rebellion. Originally the plan was foam and fiberglass with magnets in the blade and in a harness so that it magically hangs like in the game, but that idea got scrapped in favor or another wood build for the same of durability.

Busy, busy, busy all in prep for Anime Weekend Atlanta.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1601
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSnake View Post
how do I make all the small details like the folds in his coat?
Those pleats on a curve... Yeeeaaahhh. Unless you're a master, I wouldn't suggest trying to replicate those as folds, as it's REALLY difficult and can only be done with a few materials. Instead, I'd fake it with layers -- start with the one closest to the armhole, cut the leather on a curve, sew it down to your base layer. Then cut the next curve, sew it down 1/2" or so in from the first. Then cut the next layer... you're basically going to be overlapping narrow curved strips all the way in to the top layer.

In unrelated news, I'm planning on remaking my Lady (actually making a GOOD one as opposed to the one made from trash and pencil boxes). I'm scoping out skirt materials, and since that fabric doesn't exist, I'm planning on painting the plaid onto a plain-colored material. How important do you all think it is to match the semi-gloss leather texture for the skirt/ammo packs? I'm trying to find a vinyl I like, but most of the ones with decent surface texture are made for upholstery and too thick to do the pleating on the bottommost skirt layer.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides

Last edited by AVAAntares : 08-28-2013 at 02:28 PM.
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #1602
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

AVA, the shiny bits on her skirt/ammo packs are is actually something that has always bothered me. My interpretation of it is that it was to be a standard fabric skirt, and that the sheen was an oddity caused by too much lighting on the 3d model.

Now that I look at it again, here, there definitely does seem to be a textural difference.

I wonder if you could get the effect by using normal fabric to make the pouches and then coat them in something to stiffen them. There would be lots of options, from various resins to commercial stiffeners, one of the cheapest would be a mixture of white glue and water that could simply be painted on.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #1603
talkenia
Random person #3

I should have posted it here first... oh well...

I am making dmc3 Lady, and I was wondering, how did people ever get the correct skirt fabric?

Currently in progress
-lady -DMC 3
-Alphonse Elric's full armour -FMA
talkenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #1604
LoveChunks

DMC: Devil May Cry Dante cosplay

Hi there. I'm new. Really new. So new I'm not even sure if I'm in the right thread. If not, sorry. I've never cosplayed (is that even the right word?) before, but I'd like to start, it seems fun.

I'm interested in going to my next convention (around this time next year probably) as Dante from DMC. The reason I chose the reboot version instead of the original is because I figure it'd be way easier for a novice like myself (jeans: check, singlet: check, shoes/boots: I think so, appropriate hair: check. I also won't have to be as muscular). All I need is the jacket, pendant, and maybe a weapon from the game (I'm thinking the guns). I searched around a bit, and discovered that cosplay is expensive.

So I'm here for help/advice. Is there a way I can make the jacket for less than $160 (AU)? I guess that isn't *that* expensive in the scheme of things, but I'm poor. I figure I can make the guns using some cheap capguns, paint and paper mache, and I'd probably end up having to buy the pendant anyway, but would I be able to make the jacket? If so any tips? (or even a tutorial you could point me to, again I'm very new at this)

A bonus that would win all of my heart and gratitude: If anyone could help me figure out a way to make the pendant as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
LoveChunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #1605
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

LoveChunks: Hi! And welcome to Cosplay.com! Normally intros are posted on the introduction page, and cosplay questions could be posted in the "General Cosplay Chat Thread," or the "Tutorial Thread," or else where (depending on what the question is). I don't think anyone will mind though!

I'm not too familiar with the "New Dante" as I didn't really care for the game, and I'm honestly not sure where you would find the jacket (unless you could find it for cheap on eBay, or have someone do a commission for you) . However, I may be able to help you with the amulet if you are not able to buy it. If you have an old necklace on hand (with the thick black string) you could strip it of its accessories and use that as the base from which to build on to. For the actual amulet part, ideally you could make it out of Super Sculpey Clay and a crystal (Fake, or real... you can find them at craft store (fake), or at a local rock shop or witchy/spiritual store (real).) If you can afford any of that stuff, I would make the amulet part out of an old silver colored adjustable ring (out of a vending machine, paper mache (Glue and paper), silver and black acrylic paint, hot glue, foil (Red...like off dove dark chocolate!) and a red permanent marker.

To do this, make the silver loop part out paper mache wrapped around the ring (style it to look right. Let that dry. Then paint it silver and detail it with black paint. When that is dry, wrap the red foil (make sure all you can see is the red part of the foil) around the silver loop thing so that it is just a hair smaller than the actual red part of the amulet. Then coat with hot glue (layer it until it is the right size and smoothness). Last, when all of the hot glue is dry, coat it with the red permanent marker.

Keep in mind that this wont look perfect, but it will look okay.

Sorry if this is a bit of a sloppy blurb of info, I don't have time to re-read it, as I am in a bit of a rush! Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects:
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-It's a Mystery!!! Sorta...

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote