Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 07-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #16
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Jesus. Akicon doesn't have a forum. Now Sakura Con doesn't have a forum.
Are any of the cons I'm to going to in Washington have a forum? That's like the ONLY way I make friends, find out about photoshoots, arrange meetings with photographers, etc.

Gah, I was so spoiled by ACen.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #17
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Actually, Akicon DOES..They just don't have it up on the site..It's the same address: akiconforums.org
And from what it seems, Sakuracon staff could care less about the attendees anymore. They way they were talking in the emails to me, where very rude, condicenting, and they showed no signs of caring what anyone thinks.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #18
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Oh, good to know about Akicon. But damn that's disappointing about Sakura Con because besides this fiasco I've heard nothing but good things.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #19
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
Oh, good to know about Akicon. But damn that's disappointing about Sakura Con because besides this fiasco I've heard nothing but good things.
Yea, but they aren't very active..Not many people are aware yet because they haven't really put it out there, let alone on the site..

Well, this years Sakuracon wasn't that good..Not compared to last years anyway..It seems they just didn't care as much this year..And it kinda makes sense with how they are acting now..They don't seem to want anyone to come..They refuse to direct people to ways they can get their shoots talked about, or panels talked about, and if you a lot of people don't know about those, then the ones going FOR those, won't show up..So that's THAT many less people..THEN they had to go and raise the price of the badges. I mean it was only a $5 increase, but it was hardly worth it at the prices they were already charging, now they want MORE? Blatently raising them without warning (or later reasoning) is going to put people off about them. So the ones that think it's not worth worth the extra money because they already could barely afford it, also will more then likely choose to not go. I think it's all downhill from here unless they change up their ways
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

come on now, stop exaggerating. This Years Sakuracon was just as good as last years, better depending on what guests you wanted. We shouldnt turn this into a Sakuracon bashing thread, especially since they didnt do anything wrong. Forums cost good money to maintain, and when nobody is using the forums, its just a waste of money. Considering only 1/50 attendees even used the forums, most wont even notice. As for the price increase, all the money they make goes towards running the con, so the more money they make, that means more/ better guests and events for us.
Azuraschampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
Saturn7-Vash
Krista

Just now logged on to find the forum gone, and was pretty disappointed to see they took it down. Its kind of odd because every time I have logged on there have been plenty of people on and posting.

In my opinion using twitter and FB is just too confusing. I liked the convenience of a forum to connect with people and ask questions.... :\
Saturn7-Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #22
Kaileena Sedai
Empress of Time

I know this thread is getting a bit old but meh...read it so decided to throw in my two cents. I have to admit I was not a big fan of the Con this year, I said as much and why over in the feedback thread, so I won't get into it here. However, I have to say I didn't mind the dissolved forums. I use FB a lot and so I'm easily able to get updates when I need them. I was able to find the photoshoots just fine this year, but then again I was with a cosplayer who was super outgoing so that probably helped. People just told her what she needed to know. *laughs*

Also the price hike didn't bug me, a few years ago they hiked the price from $30 to $40 and then last year it was back down to $30 for Sunday pre-reg. So a $5 hike isn't that big a deal to me. Also considering that the Emerald City Comic Con is two weeks, and sometimes the week, before Sakura the poor staff has a lot to compete with. I know ECCC raised there prices a bunch as well which was not thrilling for my brother and his friends who hit the ECCC every year. Anyway my point is in comparison we are still getting off easy price wise.
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #23
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuraschampion View Post
come on now, stop exaggerating.
Agreed. Seems people are blowing things out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuraschampion View Post
As for the price increase, all the money they make goes towards running the con, so the more money they make, that means more/ better guests and events for us.
Also agreed. When we're dropping hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on costumes, I think we can part ways with $5.00 and not end up on welfare.

Besides, I can only think of one convention I attend out of the 10+ I attend a year that has its own forum and it's dead 90% of the year and that convention is exploding in population. We still get stuff done correctly there. I think Sakura-con will survive the horrendous, world changing cataclysm that will surely follow the removal of their forums. -_-
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #24
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Well seeing as how they kept adding more and more restrictions to the Sakura-Con forums, it makes sense that not many people where using it. Although i got on it for longer than most people.

It looks like i might be able to go to Aki Con this year and i did visit the forums a little while ago and not much was going on. I was asked by a friend to help him out at one of his panels at aki so hopefully i can find a roommate for aki.
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

I really do have to agree with everything said. But I can't. I won't give up on my home con. I have a bunch of Sakuracon goers on facebook. I'll personally post a link for here for them. While I can't set up the photoshoot timeslots anymore, I can at least help get people here for setting up groups.
It's funny... I've been a member of scmb since 2008. The loss of the forums hit me hard. I was planning on skipping 2014 sakuracon and go to another con instead. But I have my friends coming from Michigan. I'm not going to leave them.