Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
xcvi
xcvi

Bioshock Little Sister shoe options?

Lately I've seriously been considering making a Big Daddy cosplay for a friend.. and a Little Sister cosplay for myself. I was just trying to make a list of everything that I'd need and then I thought about shoes. Most cons have a strict shoes policy.. plus.. I wouldn't want to go walking around barefoot at a con.. that's gross and potentially hazardous lol. I really want something that doesn't look like I'm trying to look like I have bare feet but I obviously don't.. for instance.. clear flipflops or skin colored ballet flats/character shoes. I'd want something that either looks like I'm completely barefoot or goes with the look of the costume.

I need some ideas! I've heard of those adhesive flipflops that don't have straps.. does anyone have experience with those? Would I get stopped a lot because the staff would think I'm not wearing shoes? My second idea was like.. black and white oxfords or marry janes with frilly socks which I would obviously distress and bloody lol.
Are there any other options though? Aside from the adhesive flipflops.. are there like.. adhesive soles that fit to your feet better? What would work best!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I would go with the mary janes if it were me. Either that, or some flip flops that you can just kick off for pictures!

Geek Media Expo
Mami | Ymir | Satsuki (Override)
Shadocon
Zuko | Ymir | Mikoshiba
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir | Sailor Mars

schmemy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Comfy flip-flops that you can kick off for pictures would be what I would usually go with.

But the bloodied Mary Janes and frilly socks is a really clever idea!

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
xcvi
xcvi

Oh! just kicking off the flipflops does seem like a good idea. I'll definitely think about that one!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote