Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
KarisaLightYear
Kair

Smile Convention Sun Care (Avoiding the White Cast): Heliocare!

The hardest part of convention makeup is keeping the skin protected while avoiding the white cast that happens so often in flash photography. Personally, I have sensitive skin due to all the treatments from my dermatologist for my skin problems. As many of you may know, Comic Con is this month, so it's a great cosplay opportunity! If you're going and want to be able to wear low-to-none SPF products yet maintain sun protection, this is my secret weapon:

Heliocare! I swear on my life that I'm not advertising LOL!

This is just based on my personal experience with conventions/photo-shoots, and also recommendations from my derm herself.

I did a 'test' last month to see the effects of Heliocare for my skin, just out of curiosity.

I spent 2 weeks in constant sunlight (Sunny SD weather, of course). The first week I wore light sunscreen while using Heliocare. The second week I wore the same sunscreen without using Heliocare.

I noticed nothing different with my skin at all in the first week.. but in the second? Jesus. My skin tanned, I saw some ugly brown spots appear, and the effects of sun damage were pretty obvious. Thankfully, Vitamin C serum and AHA cream helped lots with that!

Anywho, this is great for those of you who want to wear little SPF for your convention cosplay! And also for the lazy bunch who never remember to put on their sunscreen.

Have any other convention tips? Share!

Blog! http://becauseiwanttoknowmore.blogspot.com/
KarisaLightYear is offline   Reply With Quote