Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
eebee

Image Comics Cosplay?

Looked through the board, but I couldn't find any love for Image Comics, which is surprising, considering how many popular titles they have! Witchblade, The Darkness, The Walking Dead, Saga...

So let's talk cosplay! Anyone got any plans from an Image series? My boyfriend and I are planning to put together Dr. Morrow and Penny Dreadful from Witch Doctor, but I'm still working on how to make her hand. Maybe an experienced Witchblade constructer can give me some tips!

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
digimel11
mellybean

I was putting together a Susan Queen costume from Nowhere Men, the issue 2 cover version for Boston Comic Con before it was cancelled/rescheduled. I'm still going to make it for the rescheduled date in August. If I can go to SDCC, I'll definitely wear it there. I'm also thinking about doing the jumpsuit featured in one of the early promotional art pieces.
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimel11 View Post
I was putting together a Susan Queen costume from Nowhere Men, the issue 2 cover version for Boston Comic Con before it was cancelled/rescheduled. I'm still going to make it for the rescheduled date in August. If I can go to SDCC, I'll definitely wear it there. I'm also thinking about doing the jumpsuit featured in one of the early promotional art pieces.
Cool! I leafed through Nowhere Men last time I was at the comic store, but they didn't have issue one so I didn't pick it up. How is it?

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
digimel11
mellybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Cool! I leafed through Nowhere Men last time I was at the comic store, but they didn't have issue one so I didn't pick it up. How is it?
I love it but then again, I might be biased since my brother draws it But it is a pretty cool comic. It's sci-fi meets super powers with a twist. I definitely recommend it.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
AbiSueCosplay
Anna Marie Raven

I have an Aphrodite IX cosplay, love Image comics!
Twitter: @AbiSueCosplay
AbiSueCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

I did an Invincible Costume. Tell me what you think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittcan...7629275925889/
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiSueCosplay View Post
I have an Aphrodite IX cosplay, love Image comics!
I love Aphrodite! Sounds like a very fun cosplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETSUYA_CASSHER View Post
I did an Invincible Costume. Tell me what you think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittcan...7629275925889/
That looks awesome! Great job!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #8
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I have planned to cosplay from the Image version of the WildC.A.T.S. once I get back into better shape. Voodoo has been a dream costume for me since before I knew the word cosplay.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
JuuJuu

I'm planning out Mara Prince's long-sleeved volleyball jersey and shorts from the first issue of MARA. I haven't attempted cosplay in years and I have no idea where I'll wear it but I fell in love with the design and I NEED to make this(2)!

Last edited by JuuJuu : 06-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
JuuJuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
eebee

Started working on Penny's hand today based on some Witchblade construction journals. I'm only making her left hand, since I want to be able to use my right hand. Got most of the little spikey pieces shaped!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #11
PrinceRobotIV

I have a Prince Robot IV cosplay from Saga. I'm hoping to run into some other Saga cosplayers at SDCC or any other future conventions. I know there was an Izabel at Wondercon, but I never saw her.
PrinceRobotIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceRobotIV View Post
I have a Prince Robot IV cosplay from Saga. I'm hoping to run into some other Saga cosplayers at SDCC or any other future conventions. I know there was an Izabel at Wondercon, but I never saw her.
Very cool! I love Saga. One of my friends (who might be lurking around here somewhere) is thinking about making a Prince Robot cosplay as well. I'd love to see some pictures of yours!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #13
PrinceRobotIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Very cool! I love Saga. One of my friends (who might be lurking around here somewhere) is thinking about making a Prince Robot cosplay as well. I'd love to see some pictures of yours!
That's awesome, I got help from one guy who did it at NYCC. I think he ended up being one of the winners in the Saga costume contest they ran in the comic. My profile pic is one of them and here's the link to another. I always forget to ask for more photos of myself in cosplay so it becomes tough to find them later on haha. One photo taken of me by a web comic writer I follow on instagram actually took a picture of me and mentioned Fiona Staples. She ended up actually seeing the photo and liked it which was the biggest compliment to me and completely made me happy. I'm hoping she's at SDCC so I can have her sign my tv head haha.

PrinceRobotIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Kiwiannibalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuJuu View Post
I'm planning out Mara Prince's long-sleeved volleyball jersey and shorts from the first issue of MARA. I haven't attempted cosplay in years and I have no idea where I'll wear it but I fell in love with the design and I NEED to make this(2)!
Nowhere Men and Mara are pretty much my favorite comics this year, and I do really love Mara's uniforms. I've been seriously considering it. I really want to see a Madder Red Bedlam cosplay though.
Kiwiannibalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #15
eebee

I was growing highly frustrated with Penny's hand, so I put it on the backburner to be revisited if I have time before the con and got to work on her mouth instead. It's moving along quite well. Got the perfect mouthguard to mount the crazy mandibles, and started carving said mandibles out of some foam swords.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3425717/

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager