Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
unicorns
★★★

★~First Cosplay Ideas~★

Although I have been to many a convention, I haven't properly cosplayed at one.
I did throw together a Studio Ghibli Kiki one once last minute but it was nothing impressive so I don't count it~
So I would absolutely love if any of you pros could throw some suggestions my way.

I am attending NYCC in the fall and am interested in trying out cosplay! I worked in the theatre costume shop at school for a year but I am intimidated by altering and creating patterns. However, I am very crafty and artistically inclined so maybe props are more my forte at the moment. I was considering Sailor Mars since Sailor Moon is coming back and its recognizable and not very complicated. I will definitely consider more complicated options for the future but for right now I have to start with baby steps. n_n

This is what I look like, because I can never decide on one photo that seems accurate.

Some extra info:
Hair: currently black approx 4 inches past my shoulders
Height: ~5'5"
Body type: Thin with large chest, and I look younger than I am

And here is a link to My Anime List so you have an idea of what I am interested in, but feel free to suggest new things to me!
unicorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
unicorns
★★★

48 views and not one reply? (╯︵╰,)
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I think Sailor Mars would be good for you! Or Sailor Pluto was honestly the first person I thought of when I saw your picture. If I were you, I would buy a premade leotard and then add the skirt/collar/bows. But if you don't want a Sailor Senshi, then maybe Haruhi from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble, or Kaoru Tanamachi from Amagami SS. I chose characters with hair similar to yours, since you didn't say if you were okay with wigs or not
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
unicorns
★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
I think Sailor Mars would be good for you! Or Sailor Pluto was honestly the first person I thought of when I saw your picture. If I were you, I would buy a premade leotard and then add the skirt/collar/bows. But if you don't want a Sailor Senshi, then maybe Haruhi from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble, or Kaoru Tanamachi from Amagami SS. I chose characters with hair similar to yours, since you didn't say if you were okay with wigs or not
Thanks! Oooh Pluto is amazing too.
Those sound like good ideas and there were actually a lot of Sailor Moon costume tutorials around online that looked helpful. Maybe it's a good start.

I figured I should use a wig because I feel like it usually looks better. But I was looking at characters with hair color similar to mine so I know which colors I can pull off haha