Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #5701
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finally finished Dragon's Dogma. FINALLY. "Oh you think you're done just because you killed the dragon? No - now go collect 20 wakestones." Fine. It was a weird game. Weird, as in, WTF were they thinking? It did have flashes of brilliance - enough to keep me playing anyway. But I couldn't really recommend it. Although if they make a sequel and fix the WTF parts, I'd buy it.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #5702
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

D/Led Tomb Raider Underground of PS+ and YO, it is a good thing that franchise got rebooted. Game is ROUGH. Also snagged Battlefield 3 as well, will give it a shot once I beat inFAMOUS 2, a game I'm severely regretting not buying at launch.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #5703
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Got Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward as an early birthday present from my friend's grandparents so I've been playing that all morning. Glad I finally got it since I've been wanting it since it first came out.

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #5704
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Man, I can't believe I'm this obsessed with Fire Emblem Awakening. I haven't been this heavily invested in a game since Persona 4 and Valkyria Chronicles III. I'm mostly loving the game more for the support conversations than the strategy RPG gameplay though.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I especially love the support conversations with the characters' children. It's very precious to see.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #5705
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Man, I can't believe I'm this obsessed with Fire Emblem Awakening. I haven't been this heavily invested in a game since Persona 4 and Valkyria Chronicles III. I'm mostly loving the game more for the support conversations than the strategy RPG gameplay though.
What little I played, I also liked the conversations. But I got distracted from FE:A by Soul Sacrifice which so far is pretty awesome (yay! games for the Vita!) but then I got distracted from that by Borderlands 2 which IMO is way more awesomer than the first one. The environments are better and it's a lot goofier - which were my two main complaints about the first one. They also made some minor improvements to inventory and maps so overall it's just more fun.
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #5706
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
What little I played, I also liked the conversations. But I got distracted from FE:A by Soul Sacrifice which so far is pretty awesome (yay! games for the Vita!) but then I got distracted from that by Borderlands 2 which IMO is way more awesomer than the first one. The environments are better and it's a lot goofier - which were my two main complaints about the first one. They also made some minor improvements to inventory and maps so overall it's just more fun.
I've heard similiar good things about Soul Sac, but since I dont own a VITA I cannot confirm/deny it. I can confirm that FE:A is probably my game of the year, as last time I've checked, I have about 70-80 hours in it (3 playthroughs)

AND YAYYYYY for BL2 love. The humor for BL2 has stepped up a ton, and the world/supporting characters are really fleshed out. I just got it for Steam for free dollars thanks to a friend, and will probably do a run with either Maya or Zer0.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #5707
MidnightMinx90

I have.. "problems" playing something but Skyrim... Made a third character before the weekend, currently lvl 20-something.
Right now I'm back to my first character, Lucivar, and I'll hopefully get him to lvl 50 soon (he's ALMOST 48 now).

Also playing whilst watching Toby play it (aka suck at it)

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #5708
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I've heard similiar good things about Soul Sac, but since I dont own a VITA I cannot confirm/deny it. I can confirm that FE:A is probably my game of the year, as last time I've checked, I have about 70-80 hours in it (3 playthroughs)
I did enjoy what I played of FE:A but now Girl-type is using my 3DS to play the new Animal Crossing. I do intend to get back to it.

Quote:
AND YAYYYYY for BL2 love. The humor for BL2 has stepped up a ton, and the world/supporting characters are really fleshed out. I just got it for Steam for free dollars thanks to a friend, and will probably do a run with either Maya or Zer0.
I'm finding it way more enjoyable than the first one - which, you know, was still pretty enjoyable. I'm doing a co-op game with Gaige and a solo one with Maya. I actually think I prefer Maya. The phase lock skill requires more planning than just releasing Deathtrap to wreak havoc. I end up not using Deathtrap that much. It seems overpowered to me so I save it for "Oh shit! I'm surrounded and going to die!" situations but then I usually forget to use it. Mostly, I just find the whole thing a lot more hilarious than the last one. Things like Butt Stallion and Fartboners appeal to my sophisticated sense of humor.
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #5709
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I did enjoy what I played of FE:A but now Girl-type is using my 3DS to play the new Animal Crossing. I do intend to get back to it.
As someone who's had to deal w/ the AC:NL obessed, I wish you all the luck The Hag.

Quote:
I'm finding it way more enjoyable than the first one - which, you know, was still pretty enjoyable. I'm doing a co-op game with Gaige and a solo one with Maya. I actually think I prefer Maya. The phase lock skill requires more planning than just releasing Deathtrap to wreak havoc. I end up not using Deathtrap that much. It seems overpowered to me so I save it for "Oh shit! I'm surrounded and going to die!" situations but then I usually forget to use it. Mostly, I just find the whole thing a lot more hilarious than the last one. Things like Butt Stallion and Fartboners appeal to my sophisticated sense of humor.
Is this all being done on the PS3? Or PC?

I really don't have much experience w/ Gaige or Maya TBH. I just "rolled" my first Maya last night on the PC version, and didn't really get much time to play around with her. Gaige, from what I rememember, only got to lvl 6 on the 360 version, and D3THTR@P reminded me a lot of Axeton's special, who was my BL2 main.

And YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BUTTSTALLION! Handsome Jack is arguably my favorite villain from recent history. Have you met the constant delight /Bane of Arc's existence that is Tiny Tina yet?

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #5710
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Is this all being done on the PS3? Or PC?

I really don't have much experience w/ Gaige or Maya TBH. I just "rolled" my first Maya last night on the PC version, and didn't really get much time to play around with her. Gaige, from what I rememember, only got to lvl 6 on the 360 version, and D3THTR@P reminded me a lot of Axeton's special, who was my BL2 main.

And YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BUTTSTALLION! Handsome Jack is arguably my favorite villain from recent history. Have you met the constant delight /Bane of Arc's existence that is Tiny Tina yet?
PS3. I actually think I'm going to level up Maya a bit more then co-op with her instead of Gaige because with Maya you can heal your teammates by shooting them in the face.

I have not yet encountered Tiny Tina.
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #5711
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
PS3. I actually think I'm going to level up Maya a bit more then co-op with her instead of Gaige because with Maya you can heal your teammates by shooting them in the face.

I have not yet encountered Tiny Tina.
I got my Maya up to level 4 last night. I forgot how funny this game is, and how quick they'll throw jokes at it. Also apparently we're getting more than a single season of DLC for it, I am pleased.

I also beat Wee Gee mansion this morning on the trainride into work, which means I need to give X Zone another shot. Got stuck in the devil-beast that is chapter 16, am displeased, etc.

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #5712
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I got my Maya up to level 4 last night. I forgot how funny this game is, and how quick they'll throw jokes at it. Also apparently we're getting more than a single season of DLC for it, I am pleased.
The reason I started a second game is that the jokes fly by so fast, I was missing half of them the first time around. As well as the dialog, some of the missions are hilarious in and of themselves. Like Ellie's statuettes and the whole volleyball thing. And little things like after you kill the four mutants, you take your pizza back. XD This is what I had expected the first game to be like.
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #5713
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
The reason I started a second game is that the jokes fly by so fast, I was missing half of them the first time around. As well as the dialog, some of the missions are hilarious in and of themselves. Like Ellie's statuettes and the whole volleyball thing. And little things like after you kill the four mutants, you take your pizza back. XD This is what I had expected the first game to be like.
I LOVED the Top Gun references.

Also funfact: I forgot what the exact order is, but there's a way you can fight a mutant rat post killing the 4 mutant. GOD THE WRITING OWNS IN BL2!

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #5714
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Also funfact: I forgot what the exact order is, but there's a way you can fight a mutant rat post killing the 4 mutant. GOD THE WRITING OWNS IN BL2!
Yeah, that happened. I lol'd!
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #5715
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Yeah, that happened. I lol'd!
YES, GOOD!

Again, while the plot is nothing deep/ground-breaking, BL2 does a ton right by being a blast to play, and REALLY funny. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a game since Portal 2. It's also home to one of the most hilariously awkward moments in recent videya history, which I will not spoil for you until I know you're on the last legs of the game.