Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #5716
MidnightMinx90

Trying to get to like SH: Homecoming and TES: Oblivion, but it ain't easy.
Also playing AC: Bro a bit on and off, and I'm about to go back to AC: R again now.

I'll also get Dishonored in the mail soon (ordered it a week ago), and can't wait!

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #5717
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I LOVED the Top Gun references.
This will be my epitaph.

Also, just finished TWD: 400 Days.

Didn't have anything like the same impact as season 1, simply because you're not given long enough to get to know any of the characters. Still, well executed though.

Also playing RE: Revelations which is kinda meh. I like the way it is more exploration-based like the old RE games, but the story is desperate. Also I hate switching to other characters, I'd rather just stick with Jill.

EDIT -
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Finally finished Dragon's Dogma. FINALLY. "Oh you think you're done just because you killed the dragon? No - now go collect 20 wakestones." Fine. It was a weird game. Weird, as in, WTF were they thinking? It did have flashes of brilliance - enough to keep me playing anyway. But I couldn't really recommend it. Although if they make a sequel and fix the WTF parts, I'd buy it.
I recently bought and played the new version of it 'Dark Arisen', which is basically just the original game with an expansion pack on top I think.

It's still completely loopy. I think they were trying the whole 'minimalist' story like in Demon's Souls, but pretty much just failed.

Regardless, the combat was well executed enough and I enjoyed climbing on giant monsters enough that I gave it a decent amount of time.

Seriously though, fuck your pawns.

'Tis a different clime in these parts arisen, perhaps we'll find novel fruit?

Perhaps we'll find aught of use.

'Tis difficult to balance with aught in hand!

SHUT UP!

Last edited by Sybren117 : 07-13-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #5718
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
I recently bought and played the new version of it 'Dark Arisen', which is basically just the original game with an expansion pack on top I think.
Pretty much. That plus they made the fast travel system less stupid.

Me: *buys game at full price last summer because demo was awesome;
plays for an hour then travels IRL and doesn't get back to it;
re-starts this summer*

Still me: Holy shit! This world is kind of big and the fast travel sucks. How do I get more of those warp stone thingies? *googles* Oh, they fixed that in the expansion pack. Lemme just download it. Wait, what? To get it I have to buy the entire game AGAIN?! For FORTY DOLLARS!?

So I did. And really, I ain't even mad. It's irritating but it's my own fault. If I buy a game at full price, I should play it right away. Which normally I do. I'm told that this is typical of how Capcom handles extension packs.

Quote:
It's still completely loopy. I think they were trying the whole 'minimalist' story like in Demon's Souls, but pretty much just failed.

Regardless, the combat was well executed enough and I enjoyed climbing on giant monsters enough that I gave it a decent amount of time.

Seriously though, fuck your pawns.
It was disappointing to me because it was so close to brilliance. I really liked the main gist of the story, but they told it really poorly. Like, REALLY poorly. The biggest WTF moment was when the game pulled a romantic relationship out of its ass. I was like, "What? Why don't I remember this? Did I get drunk and have sex with this girl? Oh well. Guess I'm a lesbian." After googling, I discovered that there was an entire romance mechanic that I was completely unaware of. I thought Affinity was just that you were pals and shit. I ended up with the little gothy witch girl. It could have been much much worse.

The fighting was really fun, but I thought the difficulty was erratic. For me, the beginning and the end were super hard - like Dark Souls hard. But from about level 20 until the final battle&etc, it was too easy.

I thought the pawn system was brilliant and I like how they fit into the story (or would have if they'd developed that better) but the pawns - especially your main - needed to have more personality - well a personality - for the story to work.

I do hope that they make a sequel that fixes all the nonsense.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #5719
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMinx90 View Post
Trying to get to like SH: Homecoming.
Trust me, don't bother...just....don't bother...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #5720
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
This will be my epitaph.

Also, just finished TWD: 400 Days.

Didn't have anything like the same impact as season 1, simply because you're not given long enough to get to know any of the characters. Still, well executed though.

Also playing RE: Revelations which is kinda meh. I like the way it is more exploration-based like the old RE games, but the story is desperate. Also I hate switching to other characters, I'd rather just stick with Jill.
RE:Rev on the 3DS or console? I made it about 90% through the 3DS version until you have to deal with underwater death lasers, in which I tagged out for something better.

And I just did the Top Gun mission in BL3. My Siren is now level 11. :3

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #5721
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Ps3 version.

I've pretty much got my gaming calendar planned until the PS4 comes out.

It involves FF14 ARR, GTA 5, FIFA 14 and Beyond: Two Souls.

Goooood times.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #5722
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Ps3 version.

I've pretty much got my gaming calendar planned until the PS4 comes out.

It involves FF14 ARR, GTA 5, FIFA 14 and Beyond: Two Souls.

Goooood times.
Kay. It looks GREAT on the Triple, but from what I paid at PAX East, the controls still felt a tad...stiff.

I think my console purchases for the rest of 2k14 are WWE 14 and Beyond: 2 Soulz, and probably the Last of Us when it becomes a HOT DEAL. Everything else will be bought via Steam.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #5723
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just Platinum'd Muramasa Rebirth

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #5724
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Got Shin Megami Tensei IV and I've been loving it so far. Battles are rewarding or punishing depending on how smart you fight, and demon contacting is harder than it sounds. Most of the time I can't figure out whether I should comply with a demon's demands, or refuse or trick them. It's super satisfying when you successfully negotiate with them and they join your team though.

And I'm so glad that SMTIV took the Persona 4 Golden route to demon fusing and made it so much easier to fuse the demons that you want.

And when this game's screens were first revealed, I was somewhat disappointed knowing that it's 2013 (Not to mention being a sequel to a PS2 game that had full 3-D demon character models), yet the battles are in a static 2-D first-person view. But you actually see the game in action and it actually looks pretty cool. What this game lacks in budget, it makes up for in style.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 07-17-2013 at 08:46 AM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #5725
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I've been splitting time between "pure fun" in Saint's Row The Third and "cerebral" in Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #5726
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Received Animal Crossing: New Leaf for my birthday yesterday so I was playing that all day.

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #5727
Yujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Received Animal Crossing: New Leaf for my birthday yesterday so I was playing that all day.
Wow that's such a coincidence, like 2 days ago at my friend's birthday party we got him a 3DSXL and a couple games, AC:NL included xDD

Dug out the PS2 and am playing .hack//Infection
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #5728
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
Wow that's such a coincidence, like 2 days ago at my friend's birthday party we got him a 3DSXL and a couple games, AC:NL included xDD
Oh wow that is a coincidence! I'm sure he's enjoying it yeah? :'D

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #5729
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Consoles: Collecting Dust
PC: NBA 2k13 (my virtual self is doing okay with the Heat), Penny Arcade Episode 4, and Tomb Raider 2013 on hard.
3DS: 17 hours deep into Project X Zone.

Unread 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #5730
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Got Shin Megami Tensei IV and I've been loving it so far. Battles are rewarding or punishing depending on how smart you fight, and demon contacting is harder than it sounds. Most of the time I can't figure out whether I should comply with a demon's demands, or refuse or trick them. It's super satisfying when you successfully negotiate with them and they join your team though.

And I'm so glad that SMTIV took the Persona 4 Golden route to demon fusing and made it so much easier to fuse the demons that you want.

And when this game's screens were first revealed, I was somewhat disappointed knowing that it's 2013 (Not to mention being a sequel to a PS2 game that had full 3-D demon character models), yet the battles are in a static 2-D first-person view. But you actually see the game in action and it actually looks pretty cool. What this game lacks in budget, it makes up for in style.

I'm having such a hard time with demon negotiations. I'm saving frequently and reloading if I fail, but I have no idea what some of these demons want.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote