Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Silentjokez

I need help with cosplay

I am trying to cosplay Pain to the next anime convention but. im having trouble what to use for the piercings he has and his eyes.. If anybody could help me i would appreciate it
Silentjokez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentjokez View Post
I am trying to cosplay Pain to the next anime convention but. im having trouble what to use for the piercings he has and his eyes.. If anybody could help me i would appreciate it
Ooh piercings are my love. I'm guessing you mean Pain/Nagato from Naruto. Since he has an extreme bridge piercing (essentially), you'll need eyelash glue for easy adhesion on the sides of the nose. To make the actual "jewelry" you could probably make little cylinders of black clay and add the red O-rings with clay also. Eyelash adhesive should be enough to stick them on.

Lip piercings are such a pain... He wears claw-style labrets but most other cosplays use cone-style beads rather than the claws or draw them on with eyeliner. You can make those too with clay: it's just a simple cone, make them a bigger/longer than a standard cone bead from body jewelry. You could curve them in a little to look a bit fang-like. His scaffolding (the vertical bars in his ears) is certainly questionable, but you might skip it!

The rings in his ears I have few ideas. Clay can be too delicate/heavy on it's own but you might be able to get away with using large jump rings that are open wide enough to slide on your ears and cover them in clay to be wide enough and black. You could, maybe, use a black pencil/pen grip cut in sections.

For once, I have no idea about lenses haha.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Silentjokez

Thankyou i really appreciate it .. it helped me alot good thing i have a while till the convention Thx again
Silentjokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

You're welcome Happy to help!

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote