Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #46
xh4llucin4tedx

Never mind, it was just approved by a mod. Thanks.
xh4llucin4tedx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #47
bedsafely

I'm a new member and I've been trying to post for the last week, but everything keeps getting stopped by the spam filter -- comments, everything. I'm not even sure this will post. Was I marked as spam permanently or something?
bedsafely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #48
bedsafely

... And nevermind! They both just showed up. So strange! Thank you!
bedsafely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #49
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I have to approve anything that goes in. I'm clearing it out again right now. Thank you!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

Yea, having the same problem. Yesterday I posted a reply in the morning and later on in the day and they still haven't been approved. Does every post get caught in the spam filter, or is it just for the newcomers with a low post count?
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #51
Teto Teto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
I scan all Marketplace posts extra carefully. If you are a new member, with less than 10 posts and a member for less than 30 days, I WILL delete your post. Rules are posted in the Marketplace, please read them before making a post.
So I have to just wait around for a month to get my post up? The marketplace is the only reason I even bothered to make an account.
Teto Teto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #52
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I don't make the rules, but I enforce them, so yes.

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

Unread 07-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #53
Teto Teto

That's such a stupid rule. I just want to pay someone to make me something, but apperantly that's to much to ask for.
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #54
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

Thanks and I think I should have one more post that's still in there from yesterday.
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #55
Teto Teto

Is there anything I can do ro get my commission going without having to sit on my ass for a month?
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #56
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teto Teto View Post
Is there anything I can do ro get my commission going without having to sit on my ass for a month?
Honestly you are being very rude about it. You can do things like advertise in a da account, or even PM the people asking about commissions they wanted. It's not a "stupid rule" either. It's a security issue foin case of spammers which this site actually get more of then you might think. Just calm down and wait. It's one month, it won't kill you. The rest of us had to do it. There are hundreds of members that do commissions that waiting just fine and look, we aren't hurting from it. You are just way too eager about it.

EDIT: I just realized you want to have something made, rather then make things. You CAN pPM members you know..You don't have to post an ad to get a commission from someone. Go find a commissioner and ask them yourself. It's much faster
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Teto Teto

Sigh, I wanted to post it here so I wouldn't have to go looking around for someone. And I mean admins have to allow posts for new members, shouldn't that be a good enough spam deterent? I'm not trying to put out thirty advertisements for knock off websites, I just want to make one thread trying to get something made.
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #58
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

It's more of a 'gaining reputation' thing with the whole "30 Days, 10 Posts" rule. Though honestly that probably and has not stopped people before from being bad businessmen/women. I would love to see the old Marketplace come back with a system of reputation kind of like eBay. Anyone can post sales or make requests, but bad feedback would be allowed and not able to be deleted by the seller or commissionee who fell through on their end of the bargain. This way everyone knows what they are getting into.

2014 Conventions :

Unread 07-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #59
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
It's more of a 'gaining reputation' thing with the whole "30 Days, 10 Posts" rule. Though honestly that probably and has not stopped people before from being bad businessmen/women. I would love to see the old Marketplace come back with a system of reputation kind of like eBay. Anyone can post sales or make requests, but bad feedback would be allowed and not able to be deleted by the seller or commissionee who fell through on their end of the bargain. This way everyone knows what they are getting into.
Yea, seconded!! So many people have been saying they want something like this. It would make things way easier. I mean yea, the old market had a feedback system that sorta worked that way, but not one could find it because you had to go throw like 5 pages of things just to get to it..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #60
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

The issue with post moderation is twofold.

First, there is a spam prevention system in place that throttles new posts and comments if you are a new user. While this is understandably frustrating, the amount of spam it prevents is astounding. Around a year ago we were getting hit with 300+ spam comments/day and sometimes 20-30 new spam threads per day.

Some measures were put into place to circumvent it, but unfortunately the most effective measure was to put all new users into a moderator queue that does place a few restrictions on posting for the first few valid posts, and also blocks posts with links and images. Spam went from a massive nuisance to almost non-existent (at least from what got automatically posted, we still see some spam in our mod queue, so it's working).

I know a lot of people mention things like IP blocking, but spammers almost always use dynamic IP's. Blocking the IP can mean blocking other people as well (and the spammer will just log in with a different IP a few minutes later - sometimes automatically in the case of spam bots).

And for the marketplace, the 30 day / 10 post rule is there for one main reason - making sure you have at least a basic, searchable history on the site before you post in the marketplace.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote