Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #31
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudburst View Post
Don't worry, I did far worse for A-kon this year. I had to help my friend with three, on top of two of my own, from late April until A-kon. Thankfully I only ha to make a pleated skirt for one and paint a shirt for one, but the others were pants/shirts, vests, modifications, other random things, shoes... I'm actually halfway done with one already, oops.
Wow, you are craaaazy! I am amazed you got all that done for A-Kon, especially for just starting in April. @_@ I guess if there's only a lot of modifying involved and not too many things to make from scratch it's not too bad, but still. Don't let that momentum stop~! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
I'll be rooting for you and Thorn in the contest!! I hope you guys both place! Someday Mary Rose should happen ^v^

I've been working on Wild Tiger's suit on and off, but stopped since my brother and I decided not to enter the World Cosplay Summit this year. He doesn't have enough to finish his suit and the two of us want to show all our friends around since some of them visit rarely or are in the military ;x; and stationed far from us. I'll try my best to finish my Wild Tiger suit now though! I'll just have to add the LEDs and flip helmet some other year down the line. Plus, my bestie's boyfriend is cosplaying as Kotetsu in his civvies to her Karina so I figure Wild Tiger was my first choice for our group and I'll plow through it! If anything, I already have one cosplay done (Kuroko no Basuke) and my major dream one, Utena, isn't too difficult. If anything, I have Kotetsu's civvies as a backup~!
Thank you (and again, thank you) for your support! That's awesome that you and your brother were thinking of entering the WSC with T&B suits! I don't think I could ever work up that level of bravery, haha. Oh goodness, don't feel obligated to finish Wild Tiger if you are going to be spending the weekend showing friends around! (At least, in my mind, wearing a Hero suit like WT's all day would limit where you can go and what you can do.) If you do decide to plow through it though, I would be ecstaaaatic, haha. Having his civilian clothes is indeed a good backup!

Quote:
Saturday sounds great! I can ask my group later this month, but more than likely I'm sure it'll be a great day. We can def work out a time and it wouldn't be any trouble to work around what's best available for you. If anything, myself and my Karina (bestie) and her boyfriend will just be hanging around with no real set plans.
Oh, thanks! I'll understand if my limited availability won't work, but that'd be great if it did.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
StHoly

Final Fantasy Photo Shoot in San Japan 6.

Please join!

https://www.facebook.com/events/477902562284583/

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #33
chibibotan

Yay San Japan! I should be there all 3 days, and this is my tentative lineup

Friday: Chihiro (Spirited Away)
Saturday: Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin) [omg this maneuver gear will kill me @_@]
Sunday: Toph (Avatar the Last Airbender)

San Japan 6

Friday:
Chihiro (Spirited Away)
Saturday:
Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Sunday:
Toph (Avatar the Last Airbender)
chibibotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #34
Tyshicotosho
The Monster of Tin-Pin

Pretty hyped for San-Japan, it will officially be the end of my cosplay hiatus, as well as motivation to start working out again to slim down for some cosplays :P

Quote:
- Kasugano Sakura from Street Fighter
I'm bringing my Cody for Street Fighter as well as a few other SF friends plan on showing up last I heard if your interested in doing a group shoot.

My line up looks as such for SJ6

Cody - Street Fighter
Beowulf - Skullgirls
Electabuzz Gijinka - Pokemon
Tyshicotosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
SilverTehWolf
Timelord

Hoping to debut my 10th Doctor (Doctor Who) cosplay and also possibly wear a different version of Castiel from Supernatural at SJ this year
Maybe if I'm lucky, I can throw another in, but for now this is how it stands

Upcoming Cosplays for 2013~

10th Doctor (Doctor Who)
Young Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)
Lucifer (Supernatural)
Will Graham (Hannibal 2013)
Hannibal (Hannibal 2013)
Spock (Star Trek)
Bones (Star Trek)
Kirk (Star Trek)
Crowley (Good Omens)
Atlas (BioShock)
SilverTehWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #36
Treacly

Can't wait~! (:
I'll be sailor Moon, servant of evil kagamine rin, and most likely I'll be in my pony pajama for sunday < 3 lol

So who plan's on entering the cosplay contest?
Treacly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #37
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor

I may go to this con(started since 2011 and haven't been able to come back since. xD) If I do, I'll premier my Ryou Bakura(YGO!) cosplay and my Gaius(Fire Emblem Awakening) cosplay there~! I dunno for anymore, depends on who else is going and what meetups/photoshoots there will be.
Axel - Kingdom Hearts
Yuya Sakaki - YGO! Arc V

2015 Con Schedule:
IKKICON IX - *next*
Dallas Fan Days 2015
Mini A-Kon VIII
All-Con XI
Anime Matsuri 2015
Dallas Comic Con 2015
A-Kon 26
AnimeFEST 2015
Retropalooza 2015
Anime North Texas 2015
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #38
Riia
Rii-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treacly View Post
Can't wait~! (:
I'll be sailor Moon, servant of evil kagamine rin, and most likely I'll be in my pony pajama for sunday < 3 lol

I plan too with my gunner yuna [FFX-2]! I am so excited! San japan is my fav con but it will be my first year entering the cosplay contest! I dont even care if I win or not I just wanna show off my hard work lol

--------------------------------

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Riia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #39
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treacly View Post
I'm entering! Now it's just a matter of getting my costume done in time.

--

How's everyone's costume progress coming along, for those of you who are making new costumes?

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #40
Riia
Rii-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
How's everyone's costume progress coming along, for those of you who are making new costumes?
I am not making new, just touching up and fixing my yuna cosplay! Its gotta look great for the FF shoot and the contest!

--------------------------------

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Riia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #41
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
I hope your Bunny suit is coming along nicely! I'm still so excited to see it. Sadly, most of my group is starting to run low on time and expenses for our T&B and Street Fighter group. It looks like I might not even be able to finish Kotetsu's civvies in time since I'm still working on Utena. I have to sew my besties' boyfriend's jacket and my bestie's Anthy dress too so I'm down to the wire which makes me really sad (I don't have too much time now since I'll be leaving for a week and a half vacation after the end of the month and get back that week of the con).

So, so far, it looks like my lineup might be:
- Tenjou Utena (Saturday)
- Kagami Taiga (Friday)

and possible Naegi Makoto from Dangan Ronpa although this is REALLY up in the air (seeing as my brother wants to do DR cosplay since he can't do Antonio of T&B any more). I'm going to try really hard to see if I can get to finishing Kotetsu though ;x;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyshicotosho View Post
I'm bringing my Cody for Street Fighter as well as a few other SF friends plan on showing up last I heard if your interested in doing a group shoot.
D: Oh man. I wish I could. But our Street Fighter group fell apart because of our cosplay group's budget.
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #42
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
I hope your Bunny suit is coming along nicely! I'm still so excited to see it. Sadly, most of my group is starting to run low on time and expenses for our T&B and Street Fighter group. It looks like I might not even be able to finish Kotetsu's civvies in time since I'm still working on Utena. I have to sew my besties' boyfriend's jacket and my bestie's Anthy dress too so I'm down to the wire which makes me really sad (I don't have too much time now since I'll be leaving for a week and a half vacation after the end of the month and get back that week of the con).

So, so far, it looks like my lineup might be:
- Tenjou Utena (Saturday)
- Kagami Taiga (Friday)

and possible Naegi Makoto from Dangan Ronpa although this is REALLY up in the air (seeing as my brother wants to do DR cosplay since he can't do Antonio of T&B any more). I'm going to try really hard to see if I can get to finishing Kotetsu though ;x;o
Oh nooooo, what a bummer!! It sounds like you are going to be up to your eyeballs in Utena work, goodness! Especially if you're going to be gone on vacation, too. Good luck getting everything done in time! No sweat if you can't get Kotetsu done in time; it definitely sounds like you have more than enough on your plate with Utena alone, lol.

I'm making progress on Barnaby...it's slow progress, but it's progress. I'm still trying to get my motivation back up after I burned myself out preparing for A-Kon. T_T I could work for hours every day before A-Kon, but now I'm lucky if I get any work done in a day, lol. x_x

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #43
ThornQueen

well, I have made absolutely 0 progress since last posting, silly work.
I am buying supplies for my crossbow tomorrow though, yay! Hopefully all my repairs on Vayne get done in time, and I can get back on getting in shape as well.

Still no idea what to take for Friday, I'm sure I'll decide last minute as usual. ><
Jean Kirschtein (SnK) - 100%
Reverse!Annie (League of Legends) - ... perpetually in progress. ;A;
Mara Jade (Star Wars EU) - 50%
Hanji Zoe (SnK) - 80%

facebook | tumblr

---------------
Formerly [Rubedo]
ThornQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #44
Zaiten

Aww, I'm sad, but I probably won't be making it down for San Japan. Hopefully next year, though, when things get better. For anyone going to AnimeFEST though, I'll catch you there. Managed to sneak that one in.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #45
LittleOrphanBoy

Ooh excited to see all this talk about San Japan.

Throughout the weekend I'll either be Mako (Legend of Korra) Or Kanji (Persona 4). First time debuting those costumes so it'll be exciting.
LittleOrphanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote