Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 07-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Yes, I'm sure the sentai community will be sending you accolades for protecting them against some guy who makes helmets. You should be receiving your first bouquets any minute now. /sarcasm

Seriously, stop. Just stop. You are acting like a bully, and hiding behind the 'We in x community watch out for each other' statement as an excuse to be a bully. Sorry, that doesn't fly.

Want to be helpful? Maybe you should have couched your comment in this fashion:

'Hey, I think the quality of the materials and helmet workmanship seems a bit low for the price you were offered. Maybe accept a lower amount? Say, $100 lower?'

Instead of coming out with fists swinging, accusing him of being a scammer. Maybe people wouldn't think you're being an elitist jerk.

Also, sewing in general is hell. Sewing a zentai suit (or other form-fitting suit for that matter) is three times worse, depending on your level of experience. Some people who can sew cannot craft, and vice-versa. So what if he didn't sew the suit? Maybe that isn't his strength, and constructing things (like helmets) is.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'

Unread 07-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
cosplay_luvur

Hey don't listen to that rude ass theres always one rotton egg in every bunch, honestly from my perspective If you don't plan on wearing the costume anytime soon go ahead and sell it for the offer and then use that moneyfor future projects or to make an improved version of this costume to me it sounds like you have a lot of sentimental value with it but sometimes you need to look at what's good in the long run.

Good luck!

Upcoming Costumes:
Meiko from Vocaloid: 20%
Priest Avatar Regalia from WoW: 5%
Cecile from Code Geass: 0%
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETSUYA_CASSHER View Post
Because times are tough and i dont want to see anybody lose 350 on some half assed sentai attempt when they can save and hold on a little bit longer to get some thing that is 6 or 7 times the quality and accuracy for only 100 more then is his bogus 350 offer. Because true sentai cosplayer look after one another. True sentai cosplayers don resell china sweat shop suits.

I am not rude just shining light on this crap over-priced suit. I have been into sentai cosplay for over 6 yrs, i know what its like to waste money on crap like this.

I do not feel sorry for bashing his "first attempt" because he is selling way over professional quality levels and not even amateur level.

This is not about feelings but about real reality. Someone is going to get seriously ripped off buying this at 350.
The fact that you think you are sticking up for other sentai cosplayers, just makes you sound delusional.. Who here are you sticking up for? All I see you doing is criticizing someone's work and whining at them to lower their price on something that they obviously spent a lot of money on.. for labor/materials/ect.
The person that wants to buy it OBVIOUSLY wants to pay that much, since he set the price. So what are you really trying to accomplish in this thread? Force the seller to bring the price down? Then he would lose out.
You have made your opinion way past clear.. And you haven't even tried to be nice about it. (calling his cosplay crap and such that I will not repeat)

@OP to be honest 350$ is a decent price.. But I would not set the price any higher. Since this guy didn't commission the suit from you, he shouldn't have to be paying for much of your first attempts labor.. ^^ I would take your loses know, and use your new experience/tools to make better ones.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Screw this, this is the last thing I will ever say karma is a B^*)(^ i hope your orignal buyer backs out there paying quite a lot for sweat shop spandex that you didnt make yourself, and a 2 lb pep mismash paper weight.

All of you have failed at really answering the question is it a fair price hell no not in this life time and it will never be.

when you can get better quality for less money and heres the key point NEW.

lets see a model4 hobby helm at 250
and a colorsuits or tech styles (spandex) for 90 to 150
add a pair halloween boots at about 25 dollars

and you got yourself a respectable costume.

or spend the 350 to have dissapointment show up at your door.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
cosplay_luvur

Quote:
Screw this, this is the last thing I will ever say karma is a B^*)(^ i hope your orignal buyer backs out there paying quite a lot for sweat shop spandex that you didnt make yourself, and a 2 lb pep mismash paper weight.

All of you have failed at really answering the question is it a fair price hell no not in this life time and it will never be.

when you can get better quality for less money and heres the key point NEW.

lets see a model4 hobby helm at 250
and a colorsuits or tech styles (spandex) for 90 to 150
add a pair halloween boots at about 25 dollars

and you got yourself a respectable costume.

or spend the 350 to have dissapointment show up at your door.
Whether the guy who offered is getting ripped off or not isn't the question, its obvious the guy can see the work put into this costume or he wouldn't of offered so much. If the person wants to pay that much for it, is his choice. In fact you seem to be the only one here who thinks it is a scam, maybe it is YOU who is the problem not the suit, not the seller, not the buyer.

Like everyone else said go for it, use the money to make an improved version or use it for future cosplays! ^_^

Upcoming Costumes:
Meiko from Vocaloid: 20%
Priest Avatar Regalia from WoW: 5%
Cecile from Code Geass: 0%
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Mass produced model 4 hobby masks go for 240 to 200 usd topps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosplay-Migh...o/151076396659

basically this kid is trying to scam people by jacking his crappy suit up to buy a real helmet.

This thing wont last one con, or even the transit to someone.

Spare me the lecture about being rude when someone is trying to scam people.
Key word: mass produced. Mass produced/factory made/China/Ebay/Asia/Halloween Stores/etc prices will ALWAYS be lower than a hand-made/custom/commissioned piece. Material costs are different, a person's time, labor and skill have to be accounted for.

He can ask and accept whatever price he wants and if someone sees fit to offer him $350, that is THEIR BUSINESS.

Last edited by Mykaios : 07-13-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Please keep any critiques constructive and refrain from using derogatory language. I have gotten reports on this thread. There are ways to kindly break down why something should cost a certain amount. If it continues I will lock the thread. Thanks!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

This escalated rather quickly.

The buyer OFFERED the op that price. They didn't set it. And you can tell they feel bad about it because this thread exists to begin with. Worst case scenario, set up some communication where if there is a quality problem when the item is received, do a partial/full refund or something to that effect. This doesn't need to be that serious. I've recently seen a person try to sell a fursuit for $1500, with $75 for shipping. Wanna talk about a low economy? Go find that seller on Facebook and preach to them about it.

I am not a part of any sentai stronghold, nor do I/will I ever cosplay it, but I think it looks pretty darn good for a first shot. Could've fooled me about being a first timer. I grew up with the original power rangers, and from a con-goer perspective, that looks pretty spot on.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #24
anticlockclock

Not to throw fuel on the fire but after checking out TETSUYA_CASSHER's costumes I realize how much of a hypocrite people can be.

Yes I ordered my suit online - I made my own helmet and have progress pictures online... also no I am not a scammer? Not sure what that even has to do with this original post. Have a good day crafty.
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
MissLumetta

Did you just buy the suit base and then did the chest piece and gold bands? I've bought a suit once and those pieces are typically a part of the costume. It looks like you added more to the costume as well as doing the helmet yourself.
With that being said, if you think the offer that was made is fair, go with it. But like the others had said, since you didn't make that costume (which if you did, I've seen suits that were 100% handmade go for $1000 or more) and only added pieces to it, I'd say $350 is a little steep, however, it's that person's money and their business to spend it how they see fit.
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Sure he didn't mean Tree fifty?

Last edited by Melancholy Wish : 07-14-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
anticlockclock

I have no need to lie - I did purchase the suit from someone else but had them customize the color and other small details - so in a way I had it custom tailored to my needs as the "generic" one sold online doesn't stay true to the color of the Green Ranger - or the helmet I crafted. Speaking of which I put over 75 hours worth of work into this and around $200 in tools, materials, etc. (I had nothing to begin with and realize the tools will be reused for future projects) I am not saying my time is worth alot as I did have fun with this as a hobby to keep me busy but I feel $350 is a fair price that was offered - I was thinking of asking more based on the time put into it but I know I am not a professional costume maker and there is "replica molds" out in the market. I thank everyone for your positive answers and input.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
CosmicAshProps

my two cents

products are nly worth what someone is willing to pay.

he offered you 350. its worth 350

same thing goes for if you were wanting to post it up for 500. if no one responds at that price so you keep lowering until someone responds to you when its down to 150. that tells you its worth 150

simple mantra
its worth what someone will pay
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #29
anticlockclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAshProps View Post
my two cents

products are nly worth what someone is willing to pay.

he offered you 350. its worth 350

same thing goes for if you were wanting to post it up for 500. if no one responds at that price so you keep lowering until someone responds to you when its down to 150. that tells you its worth 150

simple mantra
its worth what someone will pay
thats great logic.