Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 07-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
TheRealZain

New to the scene, got a project, looking for some tips/hints/help

Not to contradict the sticky, but I am looking to put together a Cosplay of this boy who happens to be VG related, but my request is material options/DIY related, so I assume this is fine to post?

http://resonanceoffate.wikia.com/wiki/Zephyr

Somewhat okay description of his layers near the bottom.

Another view: http://alpha-patroklos.deviantart.co...phyr-323789605

I'm not so much concerned with his eyes(contacts), hair(wig) and the guns (mp5k airsoft), though his layers of tops, pants, backside pistol holsters, and boots definitely irk a newbie like myself.

I will most definitely hitup the marketplace for a jacket commission, and if it becomes to be problematic, the superduper studded popped collar undershirt. The black hoody shouldn't be an issue, so I'll look into it myself, but I will return if it turns into an issue.

Thoughts on recreating the pants? At this time a pair of black jeans wider than my general size to start and getting them tailored to be poofy(?) is what I had in mind... the zippers and other such minor details I would love input on as well, especially if it's something a greenhorn can do.

I should be able to hunt down some boots that are similar, but thoughts on those would be magnificent. Only underlying issue is being comfortable walking around in them for hours, but that's a personal problem.

I am not against throwing money to solve my woes, but anything DIY you think is within reason, hit me, I don't mind learning!
TheRealZain is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

It looks like the 'poofiness' is a pocket. You could probably use material cut from the bottom of the pants (where the boots would cover) to make an extra flap, then sew it on. Since the pockets are shown open, you probably don't even need a functional zipper.

There appear to be two layers to the boot: the actual boot and something that goes over it. It looks sort of like a bracer, but for shins instead of forearms. What are your thoughts?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
TheRealZain

Christ, I feel blind. Yeah, the poofy portion of the pant bottoms indeed have a pocket on each side. Pseudo zippers sounds great here, and hidden stuffing or such should give it the effect.

As for the shin part encompassed by the boot, to prevent slipout and potential discomfort via too tight of a shoe, velcro cimes to mind. Stable enough for walking and easy to detach while being hidden the whole time...

Yeah, don't know what to think of the belted portion of the boot. Definitely something that can be added on to a "normal" boot.

Yes, yes. This is something I can start with! Thanks.
TheRealZain is offline   Reply With Quote