Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #106
anime_grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
No problem! I put my zipper down the front. If you look at the reference pictures it almost looks like there's a seam there, so I thought I'd use that to my advantage. I used an invisible zipper, and I'm going to use the center front aplique to cover it. I'm going to (somehow) make it detachable. Haven't really figured that part out yet, so I have to experiment a little. I will post when I finish that part.

You could probably do the same thing on the back, with the seam running down the center and use the back apliques to cover it. OR you could make the suit in 2 pieces, using the brown belt to cover the part where the top and pants meet.
could you probably use velcro somehow? it might not look perfect, depending on how you do it, but it would make the pieces detachable. or the hooks you buy for bras and junk in the sewing section. attach it vertically so the armor hangs a bit. if the hooks are small enough it should still look pretty flat. i'm not sure what the aplique will be made from but what you can't sew you can probably glue!

On a side note, i'm making a Sheogorath (TES:V version) for my boyfriend who will be going with me when i do my Aela cosplay (possibly Gen Con? ) and i don't know how to do the designs on his coat/pants. i was thinking of possibly sharpie but i'd prefer they look more 3-D-ish and not so flat. maybe acrylics? not sure. help!?
(also if anyone has a link to a slicked-back white wig i sure would appreciate it)

PS for anyone who is wondering Aela has not been started yet. i need a dress form. and materials. and time.) sorry for the long post but i did not want to DP!!

"Life is like a good manga; you just can't stop."

Conventions:
Animarathon 2012
Colossalcon 2012
Youmacon 2012
Ohayocon 2013)

Last edited by anime_grl : 05-07-2013 at 07:35 AM.
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #107
Silentmeows

I really want to do nightingale for A-kon next year but im still kind of a beginner at making cosplays so im not sure how to size all the pieces of the armor O.o any suggestions? or maybe a pattern i could use?
Silentmeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #108
Livebyhonor
Daedric Lord Bryon

I only just started the cosplay bit and have only so far done 1 thing. a Daedric lord from Skyrim. My roommate said we were going to the Renn fair in 4 weeks, so in 3 weeks I made this.
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/DSC00345.jpg
It made such a smash there (couldnt go more than 10 ft without people begging for pics for 8 hours strait) so I have been working on a WAY more elaborate version based on a reskin of the armor.
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...1324481213.jpg
I am adding all sorts of stuff to the build this time. Real time voice modulator and speaker system (its hard for people to hear you in a full helmet) Lighting system that pulses with my heart beat, liquid cooling system (way hot in V1 outdoors in TX mid year) and lots more.

I built it from cardstock for both versions, only V2 has way more bondo build up and such to round it out more. Pepakura is a great program, and having Skyrim for PC is great since the armor can be extracted and imported into it rather easily so any armor, props, weapons or anything can be printed out and remade at any size you might want it.
Livebyhonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #109
Scrittle
King of Versailles

I've made little progress as of yet, but I'm hoping to make a Cicero cosplay and, still hoping, have it done in time for Hallowe'en.
•Javert •Eponine (Les Misérables)
•Cicero (Skyrim)
Scrittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #110
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmeows View Post
I really want to do nightingale for A-kon next year but im still kind of a beginner at making cosplays so im not sure how to size all the pieces of the armor O.o any suggestions? or maybe a pattern i could use?
For the torso I would try a basic shirt pattern that fits you, then draw out the individual armor pieces and use that as your templates. Sort of a combination of draping and pattern drafting Definitely make mock ups in paper and attach (tape, basically) them to yourself for fitting. Cut them smaller or add more paper to make them bigger. It's sort of a trial and error, but it's what I do and it works well enough. Hope that helps!

Livebyhonor: That looks fantastic!! I can't wait to see it light up!!

Scrittle: Yay Cicero! That should be fun. Be sure to post your progress pictures

My shrouded armor is just about complete, I have less than a week to finish the boots and dagger before DragonCon, but I think I'll be ok... Here's the last fitting that I did:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps13a6f423.jpg
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #111
DarkLadySamael
@DarkLadySamael

Woohoo! I have found my fellow Skyrim fans! So far, I only have the one costume from Skyrim and that's my Dark Brotherhood (Hail Sithis). I would love to do Nightingale armor, but the details would be the issue. Here's a link to my gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/469487/
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #112
DarkLadySamael
@DarkLadySamael

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak815 View Post
HI! Totally new here and I really really want to start a Dark Brotherhood costume I'm just not sure where to start :/ any help?
I used actual leather to make my armor. I just got black form fitting clothes underneath. My boyfriend and I used poster board to figure out just where the leather pieces would fit and then we traced and cut out the leather pieces.

Last edited by DarkLadySamael : 01-24-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Double post of link.
DarkLadySamael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #113
neheskette

Hi everyone! Glad to find this forum and really glad to find this thread! I am brand new to the world of cosplay - I made my very first costume last year and I have been hooked on this ever since. I went with something a little more simple - a Skyrim guard uniform. I figured it would be a little easier for someone who doesn't know what the heck she's doing! Anyway this isn't anywhere near as good as the work as everyone does here but I was pretty proud of my very first try

Here are my kids and I ready to head out and put a stop to some lollygagging and keep the city's sweet rolls safe on Halloween night.

http://static.cosplay.com/images/editor/attach.gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skyrims.jpg (116.6 KB, 0 views)
neheskette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #114
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Huh, I guess I never posted completed pictures of my Dark Brotherhood Assassin...well, here they are!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/444904/

More pictures can be seen at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Xavietta?fref=ts My shrouded armor is one of my favorite cosplays I've done

DarkLadySamael: That's awesome you used leather gives it that actual armor look!

neheskette: Great job on your first cosplay! Can't wait to see what you come up with next
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #115
MeliZbeauty
MeliZbeauty

My first time using Worbla to make Queen Ayrenn's outfit. Elder scrolls online anyone?

Cosplays WIP:

ANIME EXPO:
SHIROBA: 10%
Aoba: Done
Queen Ayrenn from Elder Scrolls Online: 5%

SDCC:
Queen Ayrenn from Elder Scrolls Online: 5%
SHIROBA: 10%
MeliZbeauty is online now   Reply With Quote