Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #61486
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Had a successful thrifting trip today, purchased a base coat that I plan on turning into Russia's Bloody Sunday coat, as well as dark red bias tape and gold thread. I might need to buy more gold lace though, I don't think what I have is going to be enough.
And uh...
The coat reaches my ankles, maybe even past my ankles.
I have a lot of work and altering to do for it.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #61487
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I need to find some wooden barrel looking mugs, but need some cheap ones since I need like 10 XD Somewhere has to have some plastic ones!

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #61488
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

My friend picked up her Mel costume today - she loves it. We had a little impromptu shoot in my house - had some fun with that. XD I'm glad she likes it, though, there are a few things I would have loved to improve on but... you know, her leaving tomorrow and all. :/ I told her if she has any problems with it when she comes back that I'll gladly fix it for her. Regardless, I'm glad to be done with it, and now that I am... Well, I want to make something else now. Too bad I don't get paid until next month because my job is an asshole like that. At least it'll be a beefy paycheck...
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #61489
sandra03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
I need to find some wooden barrel looking mugs, but need some cheap ones since I need like 10 XD Somewhere has to have some plastic ones!
sounds tough. you can get plastic steins in a lot on ebay and then paint them to look like wood?
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #61490
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
So I finally got a picture as Faust VIII

Still gotta style my wig and finish my pants, but I'm actually close to being done and that makes me extremely happy because at the beginning of this project, I never thought I'd get this cosplay finished ^^;
OMG. It looks awesome!

So my friend and I finally decided that we are going to be going out shopping on Friday for Team Aqua stuff. Hopefully we are going to be able to find a black and white striped shirt. It's always the easy things that are hard to find. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #61491
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

XD I'm looking forward to Sunday because Kingdom Hearts shoot!~ My Xemnas wig is looking good too. Pic I didn't do much...just hair sprayed my friends work while fitting it to my head rather then the wig heads more.

Going to see if my Dad is busy on Sunday or Saturday, I need to see if I can get another light sword. the ones I have are broken. Also should grab a pair of black gloves too, not sure where mine are...

Edit: went to wallmart for interfacing found fabric perfect for Natsume from Brothers Conflict's tie.... Lol the cosplay gods are telling me something.

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 07-18-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #61492
ilafatyu
That guy

Just remembered that I have a Team Rocket uniform to make by this time next month. Thanks, Touchmon.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #61493
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra03 View Post
sounds tough. you can get plastic steins in a lot on ebay and then paint them to look like wood?
I might have to do that. Lol, it's not even a prop for cosplay directly, but will be used for drinking out of while in cosplay and eating XD

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #61494
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Got quite a bit of progress on Russia's coat today~ Had to take off the buttons so I can replace them with gold ones later, I swear the maker of that coat had a button fetish or something. I must have taken off twenty of them, I swear.
Tomorrow I need to alter the length and hopefully get it died. I need to buy new gold lace and red...Stuff for the cuffs though, I'm not going to have enough.
I found the perfect buttons as well! They're gold and very military-esque, but they're two bucks for a two-pack and I need six of them. Guess I'll just have to go buy them when I buy my lace and stuff.
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #61495
ilafatyu
That guy

I don't know what my father expects a cosplay mess room to look like when you're elbow-deep in fake hair. It certainly doesn't get prettier when people come in to take inflatable boats out of the closet.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #61496
sandra03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
I might have to do that. Lol, it's not even a prop for cosplay directly, but will be used for drinking out of while in cosplay and eating XD
oooh in that case you want to make sure you get paint that's safe and not going to come off when wet. there are some multi-surface craft paints you can get for decorating ceramics etc, i just did a mug with them last month. they were pretty cheap, but you'd have to go to a craft or art supply shop for them, anything at walmart or dollar stores would be acrylic poster paint that would probably come off on someone's face while drinking :P (though they're usually non toxic at least)

and Lero's head is done! yay! well i might add a bit of detail/definition to the face with a pen, I haven't decided. I'm afraid of ruining it. pic:
it's mirrored for some reason, i took it with the webcam. the squinty eye is on the right. looking at it now I notice the nose is too big, i'm not sure I can fix that without redoing it *sigh*

ref:

Last edited by sandra03 : 07-18-2013 at 01:05 AM.
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #61497
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
OMG. It looks awesome!

So my friend and I finally decided that we are going to be going out shopping on Friday for Team Aqua stuff. Hopefully we are going to be able to find a black and white striped shirt. It's always the easy things that are hard to find. >_<
Thank you so much!

I'm seriously super happy that the shirt isn't falling apart at the seams ><
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #61498
kitee

I just realized I have a convention in 3 weeks, and I haven't started one of the cosplays I was planning.... ;-; At least the other one is half finished...
kitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #61499
cosplaynewb11

I can finally get my stuff and finish my cosplay!!!!!!
walmart here i come!
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #61500
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I got some boots for my Applejack at Savers yesterday for $6.50. I bought them with the intention of painting apples on them, but when my mum saw them and heard my plan, she said, "But they're so cute. If you paint them they'll be ruined!"
Now I'm hesitant to paint them cuz...what if I do want to wear them outside of cosplay??? >_<