Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 927 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #61501
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
So I finally got a picture as Faust VIII

Still gotta style my wig and finish my pants, but I'm actually close to being done and that makes me extremely happy because at the beginning of this project, I never thought I'd get this cosplay finished ^^;
OMG. It looks awesome!

So my friend and I finally decided that we are going to be going out shopping on Friday for Team Aqua stuff. Hopefully we are going to be able to find a black and white striped shirt. It's always the easy things that are hard to find. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #61502
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

XD I'm looking forward to Sunday because Kingdom Hearts shoot!~ My Xemnas wig is looking good too. Pic I didn't do much...just hair sprayed my friends work while fitting it to my head rather then the wig heads more.

Going to see if my Dad is busy on Sunday or Saturday, I need to see if I can get another light sword. the ones I have are broken. Also should grab a pair of black gloves too, not sure where mine are...

Edit: went to wallmart for interfacing found fabric perfect for Natsume from Brothers Conflict's tie.... Lol the cosplay gods are telling me something.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 07-18-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #61503
Ilafatyu
That guy

Just remembered that I have a Team Rocket uniform to make by this time next month. Thanks, Touchmon.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #61504
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra03 View Post
sounds tough. you can get plastic steins in a lot on ebay and then paint them to look like wood?
I might have to do that. Lol, it's not even a prop for cosplay directly, but will be used for drinking out of while in cosplay and eating XD

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #61505
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Got quite a bit of progress on Russia's coat today~ Had to take off the buttons so I can replace them with gold ones later, I swear the maker of that coat had a button fetish or something. I must have taken off twenty of them, I swear.
Tomorrow I need to alter the length and hopefully get it died. I need to buy new gold lace and red...Stuff for the cuffs though, I'm not going to have enough.
I found the perfect buttons as well! They're gold and very military-esque, but they're two bucks for a two-pack and I need six of them. Guess I'll just have to go buy them when I buy my lace and stuff.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #61506
Ilafatyu
That guy

I don't know what my father expects a cosplay mess room to look like when you're elbow-deep in fake hair. It certainly doesn't get prettier when people come in to take inflatable boats out of the closet.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #61507
sandra03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
I might have to do that. Lol, it's not even a prop for cosplay directly, but will be used for drinking out of while in cosplay and eating XD
oooh in that case you want to make sure you get paint that's safe and not going to come off when wet. there are some multi-surface craft paints you can get for decorating ceramics etc, i just did a mug with them last month. they were pretty cheap, but you'd have to go to a craft or art supply shop for them, anything at walmart or dollar stores would be acrylic poster paint that would probably come off on someone's face while drinking :P (though they're usually non toxic at least)

and Lero's head is done! yay! well i might add a bit of detail/definition to the face with a pen, I haven't decided. I'm afraid of ruining it. pic:
it's mirrored for some reason, i took it with the webcam. the squinty eye is on the right. looking at it now I notice the nose is too big, i'm not sure I can fix that without redoing it *sigh*

ref:

Last edited by sandra03 : 07-18-2013 at 12:05 AM.
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #61508
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
OMG. It looks awesome!

So my friend and I finally decided that we are going to be going out shopping on Friday for Team Aqua stuff. Hopefully we are going to be able to find a black and white striped shirt. It's always the easy things that are hard to find. >_<
Thank you so much!

I'm seriously super happy that the shirt isn't falling apart at the seams ><
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #61509
kitee

I just realized I have a convention in 3 weeks, and I haven't started one of the cosplays I was planning.... ;-; At least the other one is half finished...
kitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #61510
cosplaynewb11

I can finally get my stuff and finish my cosplay!!!!!!
walmart here i come!
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #61511
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I got some boots for my Applejack at Savers yesterday for $6.50. I bought them with the intention of painting apples on them, but when my mum saw them and heard my plan, she said, "But they're so cute. If you paint them they'll be ruined!"
Now I'm hesitant to paint them cuz...what if I do want to wear them outside of cosplay??? >_<
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #61512
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

My hat shaper came today! Now I just need to get some roving and I can start on Fleur's hat! Does anyone know of any physical stores that sell wool roving? Or is my only option the internet?
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #61513
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I pretty much have everything for Kou (Gou) but her grey sweater, wig and school patch! The next outfit I wanna work on for her is her Arabian outfit!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #61514
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Attempting to dye a scrap fabric from my coat, so far it's dying only....It's a violet color instead of the dark navy blue like it's supposed to be. I have no idea what happened or how to fix it.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #61515
Clementine
I do as I please.

Got so much shit done last night with the PiC on our designated cosplay work night sleepover. Started on Rikku's Thief blades, PiC sketched them on posterboard, cut them out, I traced them along with some other layered components onto cardboard we got free from the recycling center (it was Depend men's underwear boxes, lololol) and cut them aaaaalllllll out with a box cutter. I never want to see another box cutter in my life. I still can't quite feel my thumb. Sawed two small pieces off the wooden dowel I bought at Michael's for the handles, then she covered them in expanding foam and let 'em dry overnight. She'll continue on them by carving out the shape and painting on her own. She's the cosplay genius out of the two of us.

Also hand-sewed the grey tie to be attached to the back of Yang's left leg bandana and purchased the fabric for said bandana and her scarf.

Aaaalso, I bought some scarlet Rit dye and ombre'd the new yellow fabric I bought to better match Rikku's bikini top as well as to dye better than the shitty fleece we stupidly bought before. It came out pretty well. I'm gonna send it through a very short detergent-less cold cycle in the wash and throw it in the dryer (it's 100% cotton, I'm not worried) and hopefully any splotchy bits where we slowly introduced fabric will blend better. After that I'm pinning and sewing the scarf to be the right width and length.

We seriously got so much shit done. I'm proud. PiC also made some progress on her Hextech Janna cosplay but spent much of the night working on my blades. I love her.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote