Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2296
threebox

You unfortunately won't be able to go around much because only the exhibit hall and parts of upstairs (Sails Pavilion, area around ballroom 20) will be open. You will get to see the seven different front entrances to the exhibit hall though. Panels are all second floor (minus hall H and the hotel panels) and they have their own flowchart for which way you can walk, haha. Have fun exploring going there's lots of routes you can take.
threebox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #2297
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I'm so confused right now. xD I'll be at Downtown San Diego around 11:00 in the morning. Text me whatever plans you have if you wanna meet up. Even if you wanna meet up in the Exhibit hall that's fine too. We'll be wandering around and I'll have my phone on me, of course.

The convention center is a very large place. o_o It's been three years since I've got to go to Preview Night so I wonder how it's changed.

Ooo. Tommy. I'd love for him to draw Tommy. Maybe Billy and Tommy. My twin idiots. :]

I think at a Comic-con they're more likely to be actual Lady Lokis. I think some people just see drawings and think "Genderbend, I'll do that" I mean I understand most of the men in comics are way too buff to cosplay, but there are female counterparts. I've seen so many people who want to be 'Thor' but have like a tank-top, short shorts/ no pants, and a cape. I also see a lot of Captain America girls that have the exact same outfit with the midriff cut off/ showing (based on some fanart) but why can't you just have the full outfit, not hard. Marvel genderbending does not make me happy. xD I love the Avengers inspired outfits. I'd really like to do the Sailor Avengers sometime too.
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #2298
ayaasan

Tulipe: I actually totally know what you mean about the gender-bent thing. When I debuted my Lady Loki costume at Comikaze last year, I had people actually downing me for being a "sexy Loki". Ummmm....yeah, you know it's cannon, right? >.< And my costume is purdy accurate and not that revealing... :P

Hearth: Yup! My boss is an illustrator and art teacher. Turns out he's just selling work in the gallery upstairs this year, though.

Last edited by ayaasan : 07-16-2013 at 10:25 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #2299
SeriousTyro

Hey guys,

I figure this would be the best place to ask this. I'm planning to go to my first San Diego Comic-con with my friend and was wondering what would be the best way to get there from La Jolla area?
Busing it? Driving to a certain place and then bus it? or is there some secret parking spot?
SeriousTyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #2300
threebox

Not really any secret parking spots... sometimes if you're lucky you can find parking nearby really, really early in the morning near the convention center. You might also be able to find parking farther away from the convention center on the street. I used to park near my hotel on street parking and just jump on one of the convention shuttles til they raised prices a couple of years ago. Another option is parking near one of the trolley stops and then taking the trolley.

Take a look at this too:
http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/san...ention_center/

The prices shouldn't be held as concrete ("special event" pricing) but a decent indicator of where to go.

Last edited by threebox : 07-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #2301
vSprinks
Hyperactive Heroine

Introduction and things

Hey, hey. Fairly new to cosplay.com, but names Mari/Sprinks. I'm up here in Carlsbad, CA, but I'll be at Comic Con this year on Saturday! ; o ;
vSprinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #2302
ayaasan

Hi vSprinks! I'm only going Friday, but I know that Jono, Tulipe and Hearth will be there

And yeah, doing my last minute research for getting free stuff at the con--got lots to tell you girls :P The only autographs I might try and get are Jessica DiCicco and Justin Roiland (Flame Princess and Lemongrab). Mostly gonna be shopping, though!~
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #2303
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@vSprinks: Hey! I'll be at CC all weekend. :] Saturday I'll be wearing Rogue so if you find a Rogue in her Uncanny Avengers uniform it might be me!

@Ayaasan: Genderbenddddddddding. People assume if you do Lady Loki you just do it for the genderbend when really Lady Loki is the only legit genderbend. But since Loki is so popular after the movie EVERYONE wants to cosplay Loki but NO ONE wants to cosplay actual Loki. I don't mind it so much if they actually have the same outfit. I saw this ADORABLE Captain America lady who had everything exactly the same and blond hair up in this adorable little '40's style do. It was the best thing. But using it as an excuse to dress up in the least amount of clothing possible, no thanks.

Day one concluded and I found Hearth! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps64191936.jpg Mwaha
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #2304
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Just got back home like 30 minutes ago or so! Tired but can't fall asleep =____= I was in line from 3:30 till 10 to enter the gaslamp theater to see the midnight showing of the Psych: The Musical. I met the casts and the directors! x3

Tulipe: Yay you met Hearth!

vSprinks: Sadly I only have a pass for Sunday

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #2305
Hearth
Unregistered User

Man, the traffic was bad when my friends and I left. @_@; It took me awhile to find where we were supposed to park, so we didn't get into the exhibit hall until 8pm. I didn't get to do too much. I tried to figure out where to get the Bass and Treble exclusives, and, when I finally figured it out, they were no longer accepting people into the line. At least I now know where it is! And I got to meet Tulipe!

On the way home, one of my tires blew. Had to call AAA so they could put my spare tire on. Funny thing is, earlier that morning, I found a piece of metal on the floor of my car. I almost threw it away because I didn't know what it was, but I was wary at the idea of throwing away a piece of metal. So I kept it. Apparently it was a key to unscrew one of the lug nuts for my tires. Without it, they can't be taken off. If I did throw it away, man, would we have been in trouble, haha.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #2306
threebox

Enjoy your convention guys

I won't be even entering the area til noon. Been there early enough times (getting into line at 5am) to be done with that...
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #2307
ayaasan

Hearth: I'm glad everything turned out alright in the end

And since I just did my finishing touches on Ice Queen, I finally got some pics of my Jedi costume! woot! Everything by me except the belt ;3 I'll be wearing this costume (hopefully) to Comikaze and (definitely) to Wondercon.

Unread 07-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #2308
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

ah I must bring my nephew along for Wondercon so he can wear his Jedi outfit! He's starting to like Star Wars more and more! x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #2309
ayaasan

Or you could book me for a party *hint, hint* Lol XD
I'm so in love with the belt that CGG made for me, and he was super awesome to work with to boot
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #2310
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Haha I'd have to talk to my sister about that xD But the belt looks really cool! He did a good job!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors