Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
tsukeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Cheung's been there before, so I wouldn't be surpise if he came back. I wish McKelvie would come back though, I want to throw money at him for arts.
Also I'm totes is a similiar both with Clint. I have 2 versions 100% done, but I maybe attempt for 2 more, b/c I'm crazy. Also ARROWS. I have the urge to make Hulk-hand arrows something fierce.
Same here with McKelvie, considering that Gillen will be there. I would really love to see Matt Fraction, David Aja and Skottie Young there as well. I think I may have to do a whole weekend of Kate cosplays for NYCC, though I haven't finalized anything as of yet.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
Same here with McKelvie, considering that Gillen will be there. I would really love to see Matt Fraction, David Aja and Skottie Young there as well. I think I may have to do a whole weekend of Kate cosplays for NYCC, though I haven't finalized anything as of yet.
Aja's in Spain, and has never met Fraction, let alone been to a US show.

Young may show up? I could of sworn he was there last year, but I COULD be thinking of c2e2.

As for Fract-daddy, Heroescon is literally the only show on the East Coast Fraction and KSD do, as they have family down there, and Fraction used to work for the comic shop that runs it, so he's a lock (already announced for 2014). It's damn worth it though, as Heroes is 50% creators, 50% comic dealers with no anime/tv/movie/wrestling nonsense. It's mad laid back, and stuff like this is allowed to happen. http://starwind824.deviantart.com/ar...arwind824&qo=2

As for Jamie, no idea why he hasn't come back to NYCC, but I know Gillen only does 3 shows a year in the States and LOVES NYC.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
tsukeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Aja's in Spain, and has never met Fraction, let alone been to a US show.

Young may show up? I could of sworn he was there last year, but I COULD be thinking of c2e2.

As for Fract-daddy, Heroescon is literally the only show on the East Coast Fraction and KSD do, as they have family down there, and Fraction used to work for the comic shop that runs it, so he's a lock (already announced for 2014). It's damn worth it though, as Heroes is 50% creators, 50% comic dealers with no anime/tv/movie/wrestling nonsense. It's mad laid back, and stuff like this is allowed to happen. http://starwind824.deviantart.com/ar...arwind824&qo=2

As for Jamie, no idea why he hasn't come back to NYCC, but I know Gillen only does 3 shows a year in the States and LOVES NYC.
I may have to add Heroescon to my list next year. I've been wanting to check out C2E2 or Heroescon, but they are always bad times of the year for me. I'm trying to cut back with cons due to work lately, but they seem like good shows. I like the idea of Heroescon though. I wish there were more conventions like that.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I may have to add Heroescon to my list next year. I've been wanting to check out C2E2 or Heroescon, but they are always bad times of the year for me. I'm trying to cut back with cons due to work lately, but they seem like good shows. I like the idea of Heroescon though. I wish there were more conventions like that.
I've done both twice. I like c2e2, as the lay out is much more spacious than NYCC, BUT, I'm not going back because I'm moving out of my current apartment and can't afford both that and Heroescon. Heroes on the other hand, 0 regrets. Smaller, yet extremely laid back and like I said, straight up comics. Here's the guest list so far:

http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/guests/

Also if you're down w/ the Carol Corp, Heroescon hosted the first ever meeting-panel, and I'm 99% certain it will be back for 2014. THERE WAS COOKIES AND PAPERCRAFTS, IT WAS REALLY NEAT!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
NeikoRae

Not sure yet if I'll be able to make it to the Con yet (still waiting for retail tickets to go on sale) but I kinda wanted to go as a marvel character. I was kinda leaning towards kate Bishop but I don't think I could pull it off (that & I'm not so sure how comfy I'll be in a unitard br it from young avengers or Hawkeye -now-) Maybe there will be a different costume in the annual coming out next week i can try. That or Wasp from Earths mightiest heroes. I think I need to get my pass first before i really get started on anything. (im up for suggestions!)
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
Not sure yet if I'll be able to make it to the Con yet (still waiting for retail tickets to go on sale) but I kinda wanted to go as a marvel character. I was kinda leaning towards kate Bishop but I don't think I could pull it off (that & I'm not so sure how comfy I'll be in a unitard br it from young avengers or Hawkeye -now-) Maybe there will be a different costume in the annual coming out next week i can try. That or Wasp from Earths mightiest heroes. I think I need to get my pass first before i really get started on anything. (im up for suggestions!)
Retail tickets SHOULD be on sale early August if Midtown comics if they are to be believed.

If you're looking to do a more modest version of Katie-Kate, the Hawkguy #9 cover is probably your best bet. We love fine already sells the shirt http://www.welovefine.com/4557-i-heart-hawkeye.html

Unread 07-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #22
eebee

Still torn on new Ult. Cloak and Dagger. Work has been beating up all of my cos-plans the last few weeks, but it looks like I'll get some down time now, so hopefully I'll make some progress on other projects and be able to commit to C&D.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
tsukeru

I just know, I need to get started on finalizing my plans for NYCC this year. I just know that whatever I choose, I want it to be comfy.
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I just know, I need to get started on finalizing my plans for NYCC this year. I just know that whatever I choose, I want it to be comfy.
Which is why 3/4ths of my costume plans involve Hawkguy, as Clint is prone to wearing pants. NOW! Cyclops looks great, but that thing is damn near impossible to see out of with the mask on, and lacks pockets :/

Unread 07-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
littlemissnerdy

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing. I had a great time wearing my Winter Soldier dress at SDCC. I'll probably bring that with me, maybe Black Widow, or a version of her as well.
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #26
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Whos-.../Comic-Guests/

Cheung is confirmed for Brawl

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
tsukeru

Other then some Kate cosplay, I think the only other Marvel cosplay I will be bringing along with me is Pepper Potts from Iron Man: Armored Adventures. I may try to convince my boyfriend to dress up as that version of Tony Stark... but we shall see.
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #28
ladyjokershay

I'll be going as Valkyrie any other Fearless Defenders? *especially if your going as Annabelle I would love to hang with youuuu =^.^= *
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #29
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjokershay View Post
I'll be going as Valkyrie any other Fearless Defenders? *especially if your going as Annabelle I would love to hang with youuuu =^.^= *
I think I have a few other friends going as some of the FD ladies. I know Misty for sure. I'll let you know as the con gets closer.

Unread 08-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjokershay View Post
I've been loving the Defenders, but I don't have any cosplay plans for them. Can't wait to see Valkyrie though!

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote