Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #31
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Not bad at all actually. I expected higher lol Anyway, it wouldn't be for a few years anyway. That is IF you are still doing it when I need it ya know. I know there are others I could ask so it's no big deal if you or someone else does it. I just can see you already know about this way and proved it.

Yea, never seen one at a con..My friend does Dark Riku from KH1 though and it's the same basic idea. The way he does his bodysuit looks dead on. He does it 3d but him and his gf (I think she's the one that makes his cosplays, not sure lol) made it look natural still where it's not buldy looking. It looks the way it SHOULD look.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #32
the.footpad

Well that's cool! He probably uses the three layered Lycra way... That's my guess at least! I am tempted to actually do the three layer Lycra method, but again, if it isn't done too right, the ridges WILL come out bulgy.
I do hope that my Vanitas comes out the way it should look as you are talking about above!

Last edited by the.footpad : 07-18-2013 at 12:38 PM.
the.footpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #33
the.footpad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Not bad at all actually. I expected higher lol Anyway, it wouldn't be for a few years anyway. That is IF you are still doing it when I need it ya know. I know there are others I could ask so it's no big deal if you or someone else does it. I just can see you already know about this way and proved it.

Yea, never seen one at a con..My friend does Dark Riku from KH1 though and it's the same basic idea. The way he does his bodysuit looks dead on. He does it 3d but him and his gf (I think she's the one that makes his cosplays, not sure lol) made it look natural still where it's not buldy looking. It looks the way it SHOULD look.
Btw, do you think that it HAS to be 3d ridges, or it could be interpreted either way, since there's no way to tell? I can do it 3d, but it actually might not look as cool 3d, I'll be honest.
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Honestly, if you do the 3d CORRECTLY, it will look just fine. It's when you overdo it that it looks bad. Basically ANY kh cosplay is 100% doable to be 3d, you just have to know how. Like take the spiderman movies. The silver parts are raised on it. I know this because my stepdad saw a spiderman cosplayer at comiccon and he had a screen accurate cosplay, like he got professional movie costume makers to make it for him. He had the silver 3d like the movie one, and it was perfect. It didn't look weird, and we are talking about a man that is now 60yrs old, and has been a comic book nerd since he was 5 and owns every spiderman comic available..

You just have to KNOW what you're doing is all.
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #35
the.footpad

Quote:
Honestly, if you do the 3d CORRECTLY, it will look just fine. It's when you overdo it that it looks bad. Basically ANY kh cosplay is 100% doable to be 3d, you just have to know how. Like take the spiderman movies. The silver parts are raised on it. I know this because my stepdad saw a spiderman cosplayer at comiccon and he had a screen accurate cosplay, like he got professional movie costume makers to make it for him. He had the silver 3d like the movie one, and it was perfect. It didn't look weird, and we are talking about a man that is now 60yrs old, and has been a comic book nerd since he was 5 and owns every spiderman comic available..

You just have to KNOW what you're doing is all.
yeah! I'm sure the actual suit portion and not the webs was printed out using the dye sub, like this suit will be!
You don't think you could ask your friend what he used to make it look 3d do you? I found something called sew foam, and it looks like it may work... but I would like to know from someone who actually has done it!
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #36
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I can ask. We don't talk very much. Only over da so I can see
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #37
the.footpad

Quote:
I can ask. We don't talk very much. Only over da so I can see
Oh dude! I have a DA account! What's his username? Maybe I can find him on there and ask! (and btw, what's your username as well?)
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

See in my Sig where it says regular da? Click that lol if you want you can add the other stuff in my Sig too.

Anyway, if my thinking is correct, his gf is the one that makes them. So I'll have to ask her, and I don't give out other people's accounts without permission
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #39
the.footpad

Quote:
See in my Sig where it says regular da? Click that lol if you want you can add the other stuff in my Sig too.

Anyway, if my thinking is correct, his gf is the one that makes them. So I'll have to ask her, and I don't give out other people's accounts without permission
Okay!
Well, I mean, deviant art is there for everyone to see.... and I mean EVERYONE...... It's not like you're giving out his actual name, but that's okay!
I tried to find some dark Riku cosplay on deviant art, and only one pulled up. It's got the ridges in it, but it almost looks leather... is that it?
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #40
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

EDIT: NVM..He has them on his page, but....It's actually printed too..I think they used your idea..or something like it. And after looking, I realized riku doesn't HAVE raised parts other then the heartless symbol..So nvm that
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #41
the.footpad

Quote:
EDIT: NVM..He has them on his page, but....It's actually printed too..I think they used your idea..or something like it. And after looking, I realized riku doesn't HAVE raised parts other then the heartless symbol..So nvm that
Hmm... well then would you say that it could be interpreted to be raised or printed? Because I have seen the Riku character model, and it is the same suit as Vanitas', except of course the symbol on the chest and the color
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #42
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea, I know. I must have been thinking of the OTHER dark Riku I saw. That was last year in april. I musta got them mixed up. It was cuz I know this guy, but the other one from before was at a shoot I was at..Hmm..Oh well I guess..
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #43
the.footpad

Quote:
Yea, I know. I must have been thinking of the OTHER dark Riku I saw. That was last year in april. I musta got them mixed up. It was cuz I know this guy, but the other one from before was at a shoot I was at..Hmm..Oh well I guess..
Yeah... I mean, it's not live action, and it doesn't specifically say in the game, sooooo.... I guess there is really no way to tell...
Unread 07-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #44
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Actually you can tell on the CG pictures. It's def 3d It looks like an inside out model you'd see in a doctor's office.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...High_Riku4.jpg
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DarkRiku.jpg

As you can see, it's like a million little rolls. But that would be very hard to do..It's basically the same for Vanitas though, so I think your idea is the most annoying-free way to do it.

Something like this is the closest cosplay I can see being accurate:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...to-d460dtf.jpg
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #45
the.footpad

Quote:
Actually you can tell on the CG pictures. It's def 3d It looks like an inside out model you'd see in a doctor's office.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...High_Riku4.jpg
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DarkRiku.jpg

As you can see, it's like a million little rolls. But that would be very hard to do..It's basically the same for Vanitas though, so I think your idea is the most annoying-free way to do it.

Something like this is the closest cosplay I can see being accurate:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...to-d460dtf.jpg
Actually I just found a method to make it 3D right before I came to this page!
Penlowe recommended a method called trapunto, and I looked it up, and I think this is definitely what I'm looking for...
And btw, that cosplay is awesome, but it still isn't quite what I want to do... it's still very thick looking, and less form fitting.
Dude... I just looked up trapunto... I am doing this, and it doesn't look hard AT ALL. but, it does look time consuming... but that's okay!
As for how many little rolls there are, I will probably make most of them except for the legs. We'll see when I get there!
YAY! I found a way to make it 3d! This has made my day!

Last edited by the.footpad : 07-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.