Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Making Stocking Anarchy more Stocking like

I have my costume down (its all pieces in my closet, like most everything) for Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt). I have the wig coming in the mail and need to get my stockings. More or less, the actual costume is done.

Accessories are my problem. I know Stocking loves her sweets, something I can get on board with. Instead of her hairbow, I'm thinking of using my mini-crown. I won't be making Stripes I (her sword), but then I feel like the costume is missing some prop. Any suggestions? Was thinking making a heart-shaped chocolate lollipop with "CHOCOLAT," her & Patrick Fagry's song, written on it.

Suggestions/ideas to make it more apparent that I'm not just wearing a random crazy wig or trying to look lolita? Not sure how popular P&SwG is! A lot of people also use the transformation outfit for cosplay I've noticed.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Yujin

If you can get your hands on one, a plushie of her Honeko cat thing she carries around? Or even Chuck maybe. xD
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
If you can get your hands on one, a plushie of her Honeko cat thing she carries around? Or even Chuck maybe. xD
Sadly I didn't see Bone Kitten (Honekoneko) plushies on eBay! At least none that weren't part of the full costume - dress, wig, plush. I don't think. I have enough shades of purple felt haha. I might have neon green felt or fleece for Chuck but I haven't seen any giant zippers at Hobby Lobby.XD

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I know they just recently started selling a Honekoneko backpack purse, so you might be able to find that somewhere. As for the zippers for Chuck, you won't find any that huge in really short lengths, but I've found some decent sized ones with the larger pull on them in purse making supplies (I have some waiting to be used to make a Chuck plushie to go with our Panty, Stocking, and Garterbelt trio we cosplay).

And don't worry too much about being seen as a weird lolita wannabe in a funny wig. Panty and Stocking is a pretty popular series (I've been cosplaying from it for two years and get noticed plenty).
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I know they just recently started selling a Honekoneko backpack purse, so you might be able to find that somewhere. As for the zippers for Chuck, you won't find any that huge in really short lengths, but I've found some decent sized ones with the larger pull on them in purse making supplies (I have some waiting to be used to make a Chuck plushie to go with our Panty, Stocking, and Garterbelt trio we cosplay).

And don't worry too much about being seen as a weird lolita wannabe in a funny wig. Panty and Stocking is a pretty popular series (I've been cosplaying from it for two years and get noticed plenty).
I know I won't find the crazy big cartoony zippers, but it does need a big pull for it! Just hope Hobby Lobby has them. ^_^

The only reason I'm worried is because the con I'm attending is most of the past looks there were Naruto, Halo and so many steampunk looks. I've NEVER seen a single Panty or Stocking cosplay there, cause they're pretty recognizable. Last year there was a lot of Doctor Who and little steampunk, some industrial people per usual. Not so many comic/anime/manga characters.